Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sooper Steve's shin

Konchesky on his way out?

If he wasn't on big money like we guess he is, i'd love for him to stay. One of the most experienced players we have at the club. He would be good to have around the club I think. He is a cockney so I guess QPR would suit him as well.

How many players does Redknapp want to sign?

This could just be lazy journalism. Konch was linked with them in the past, whilst he's been at Leicester and before that when at Fulham, and QPR are thought to be after a left back. It would be good if Bert or ToffeeFox could confirm if there is any genuine interest in him?

Even though I think we should sell to free up his wages hopefully to sign a cb and striker on loan/free! do think that he has been our best leftback for the last 10 years or so!?! Would be sad to see him go but his best days are now behind him, could still do a job though

Hopefully it's true, I said last week instead of selling someone like Kasper, Morgan or Nugent, it would be better if we sold someone like Konch. 

He came in and performed consistently, past season he has gone down hill and it seems his legs are beginning to go. 

This will get his wages off our books, and hopefully Gallagher or Danns but hopefully both follow him out the door.

Then we can strengthen in areas we really need. 

'arry is looking for a left-back and his limited imagination landed on Wayne Bridge who looks like he's going to Reading so it should be a matter of time before the twitchy one looks at Paul Konchesky.

:fc:

Called it two months ago.

#smug

if we are going to persist in playing 352 this season then I guess we have 2 options, we convert him to the left sided centre back, he's too old and slow to offer the best option as wing back.

or we clear his wages, bring in a proper centre back on half his wages no doubt.

wouldn't be looking to get rid of him, however if the current financial climate if we can get qpr to pay a few quid for him and we lose him from the wage bill, then it makes sense all round.

Sounds like there is definitely something in this.

If we are receiving a fee, I would sell. 

Coming towards the end of his careers and a big earner.

Like others have said, he's been a good servant over the last few years, but I think we could cope should he leave.

I believe he's one of the highest paid here.

I wouldn't mind if we sold him, but I'm concerned that isn't another player really who has got enough experience at LB - I don't think Schlupp should be deployed there, whilst Bakayogo I'm still unsure about (even if we only play 3 at the back).

Shame Everton's Stones is a right-back, would've loved to have him on loan.

:unsure:

I know what you mean! Shame Pepe Reina is a GK as he would of been great too!

:kissing:

Don't get me wrong, you can never fault his effort or professionalism but he is a downfall on our team. Horrendous attacking wise, distribution is one thing... hoofball. Slow, awful positioning. We can do better than this liability, he was awful last year and I'd say that he was at fault/partly at fault for half of the goals we conceded last season.

Dont understand why we'd get rid of him when we dont have the money available to replace him. Think people ought to be careful what they wish for.

Because we might be able to replace him, or use some of the saved wages on another CB go left back.

Archived