Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sooper Steve's shin

Konchesky on his way out?

I'd take the deal, in a 352 I think Bakayogo, Dyer & Schlupp would all be good as lwb's though Schlupp would be the emergency option for me as I'd prefewr to develop him as a striker.

Should free up money to make a couple of signings too, even if they are only loans

He seems like a good pro and has been solid enough for us, much more suited to a 4-4-2 than a 3-5-2 though! If he goes i wish him all the best but i imagine him off the wage bill could allow for a couple of free transfers or loans to come in and we are in need of a CB right now.

Also doesn't Stephen hunt play on the left? We were linked with him a while back but it looked like he was going Blackpool, haven't seen that confirmed so maybe Nig has got him lined up!

I suppose the advantage here is that he is a 1st team player and not one of the outsiders we are desperate to get rid of! May well put us in a stronger negotiating position and QPR are dishing out silly money anyway! He also may fancy a return to London!

I have mixed feelings about this, but I guess more out of nostalgia than any real desire for him to stay. He was one of our most consistent and reliable performers during Sven’s reign and gave us a lot of stability in a time of change.

I’ve always been surprised, however, at how poorly he uses the ball in attacking situations. His crossing and shooting aren’t reliable. This is all very strange for a player that survived so long in the Premier League and not qualities that would endear him to a 3-5-2 formation.

If he is one of our higher earners then, at his age, I wouldn’t be too disappointed to see him go, but with thanks for his contribution and professionalism.

You can't say he hasn't been a good player for us, and I think he is a popular and positive influence in the dressing room, but if QPR come in with any sort of bid I would sell and thank him for his contribution to the football club.

This....

I find it a disgrace then when we lose/sell certain players we seem to have alot of hatred/negativity against them when too many fans have short term memories and forget their contributions.

It happened with Wellens and Oakley as well

I like him - seems like a really good pro and personally I can't understand the stick he gets from some fans. As far as I'm concerned he's a very steady, consistent pro and he has rarely let us down even if he has been unspectacular. On the flip side, I do think that his legs are starting to go a bit so it would be a good time to free up his wages if we can.

Good luck to him if true but sounds unlikely to me tbh.

Archived