Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sooper Steve's shin

Konchesky on his way out?

turning into another anti player thread. i know think we need a anti foxestalk fans thread to get rid of the half witted tossers we have posting on here

It isn't though, is it? It's actually a reasonable response by most parties. saying they respect his effort but feel that he is expendable under FFP. Not anti at all, he just isn't one of our unloseables.

turning into another anti player thread. i know think we need a anti foxestalk fans thread to get rid of the half witted tossers we have posting on here

I suppose it'll save you time bashing out nonsense on your keyboard each day

If his reported wages were lower it'd be a no brainer, we've had some right shite at left back over the past decade. Before we label him a donkey lest we forget Jordan Stewart, Nils Eric Johanson, Maybury, Rogers, Thatcher, Sheehan et al

In his first season Alan Maybury was a very solid right-back and I'd love a player of Ben Thatcher's quality to play LCB this season.

It isn't though, is it? It's actually a reasonable response by most parties. saying they respect his effort but feel that he is expendable under FFP. Not anti at all, he just isn't one of our unloseables.

I agree

Has been a decent player for us previously but makes sense to lose his wages and get a cheaper replacement

A solid(ish) enough player - but I've never rated him when he gets forward. Just a bit too slow, plus his crossing is pretty awful (although he's not the only one - is it just me that thinks Waghorn, for all his faults, is the only consistent crosser of the ball in our squad?).

Anyway...I'd sell, although I would wish him well. Surprised anyone is interested in him though considering his age/wages.

I like Konch a lot  ... But can see it being a sensible move if he is a big wage earner .....

If you're going to have big wage earners then have them up front not at left back!!

Are we assuming that he is or does anyone actually know??

Guest Foxin_mad

It fairly common knowledge that for whatever reason during the Sven period no one was signed on a 'small' contract.

Let be honest a guy is not going to take a massive drop from the wage he was on at Liverpool previously.

Konch is a decent player, but I do feel his best years are behind him, you certainly can not question his commitment and compared to a lot signed under Sven he has earned his wage however big it is.

Guest Foxin_mad

I am pretty sure he will be going, as we need to reduce our wage bill. It is worrying, because he is one of our more experienced players. Youngsters need a few of them around.

Very true we do need experienced players, I would hope possibly if we do shift some of our high earners we 'may' be able to bring in a couple more experienced players in key positions.

Very true we do need experienced players, I would hope possibly if we do shift some of our high earners we 'may' be able to bring in a couple more experienced players in key positions.

I doubt it. If experienced players are worth having then they are also likely to want far higher wages than inexperienced players in the same positions.

And our line-up on Saturday contained six capped internationals and we brought another one on in the second half. Its average age was 26. Not a single player has had less than a full season of experience at this level. Plenty of genuinely young and inexperienced sides would laugh at anyone that claimed Dyer, Nugent, King (regardless of his age), Konchesky, Whitbread, St Ledger, Morgan, Schmeichel, Gallagher and Danns were anything other than seasoned pros at this level.

The notion that we are a bunch of kids badly in need of experience is simply wrong. What's clear is that we created a legacy of over-paid and ageing players who we can't sell on at a profit, when we should have used the same funds to invest in prospects for the future. I tend to hope we've learned from this.

Guest Foxin_mad

We can hope we have learnt although some of our fans haven't and want us to bring in a new man and spend another £20 millions on a new team.

your a fine one to talk the amount of crap what comes out your mouth .go back playing with your toys

Don't be such a plank all your life eh lad. Being as you've never spoken to me I'd imagine you have no idea what comes out my mouth, you dumbass.

I doubt it. If experienced players are worth having then they are also likely to want far higher wages than inexperienced players in the same positions.

And our line-up on Saturday contained six capped internationals and we brought another one on in the second half. Its average age was 26. Not a single player has had less than a full season of experience at this level. Plenty of genuinely young and inexperienced sides would laugh at anyone that claimed Dyer, Nugent, King (regardless of his age), Konchesky, Whitbread, St Ledger, Morgan, Schmeichel, Gallagher and Danns were anything other than seasoned pros at this level.

The notion that we are a bunch of kids badly in need of experience is simply wrong. What's clear is that we created a legacy of over-paid and ageing players who we can't sell on at a profit, when we should have used the same funds to invest in prospects for the future. I tend to hope we've learned from this.

Don't think we have we knew ffp was coming and the owners gambled and have lost.

Had ffp not been around I think they would have kept spending.

The only thing that may have slowed the spending down had ffp not been around is NP.

He seems to be a little more savy with other peoples cash.

Archived