Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Wycombe Post Match Thread 2-1 VICTORY

Another win. Second on the bounce. Poor spells in places but some really encouraging signs in the second half. Is this formation going to win us promotion though when we struggle against a team like Wycombe? 

Seen us play well & lose too many times. For now just winning will do just fine, lets hope to see an improvement in performances as time goes on & the players get more into the season. Least we're into the next round and banana skin avoided.

Another win. Second on the bounce. Poor spells throughout but some encouraging signs in the second half. Is this formation going to win us promotion though when we struggle against a team like Wycombe? 

Oh p**s off you depressing p***k.

We won 2-1, we were thrashed by Burton last year but made the play-offs, this game will have nothing to do with how we will do this season, there will be much more effort in competitive games for a start.

At least we haven't lost to weaker teams like wolves, ipswich, and Brighton are losing at home to newport.

We lost to Northampton but beat Middlesboro, these games mean nothing.

On way home now, fantastic support from us lot tonight and the last minute celebration was absolutely brilliant!

Fair play to Wycombe, played well and made things very hard for us and I'm sure we wouldn't be wouldn't be coming away with a win if it wasn't for Wes Morgan.

For all you moaners that weren't even at the game, we've won the game and got through to the next round.. what else do you want? - let's show some more positivity and actually get behind the lads instead of slating them.

Can't wait for Leeds on Sunday now!

So because im not running down the street naked after a scrappy 2-1 win against a league two team, im a depressing ****. Brilliant. I said its encouraging but not the finished article.

The travelling fans sounded like they were "Man of the Match" tonight. Winning is a good habit to get into in any season and it sounded as if another two or three players got the close-season cobwebs out of their system.

Having suffered such an embarrassing defeat at Wycombe in the past, a second successive away win - and our clear dominance of the second half yet again - were encouraging aspects which sure beat the humiliating defeat by Burton last season.    

It should be expected that we will have poor periods when playing away from home, regardless of opposition. The important thing is to keep it tight at the back and take your chances when they come. Add in the fact that we're use a still relatively new formation then we've got 2 very good away wins.

The travelling fans sounded like they were "Man of the Match" tonight. Winning is a good habit to get into in any season and it sounded as if another two or three players got the close-season cobwebs out of their system.

Having suffered such an embarrassing defeat at Wycombe in the past, a second successive away win - and our clear dominance of the second half yet again - were encouraging aspects which sure beat the humiliating defeat by Burton last season.    

Agree with this. Good run out for the lads. Should set us up nicely for Sunday.

Good result, not a great performance, especially in the first half but improved in the second.

Deliveries from corners were decent towards the end of the game. Would've like to seen Dyer try and take their right back on a bit more. Seemed a bit too conservative to me.

St Ledger really worries me at the back. Some of his cross field balls are horrific!

Hope we get a good draw next round! Anybody know when the draw is made?

Also Knockaert made a positive impact when he came on

We won 2-1, we were thrashed by Burton last year but made the play-offs, this game will have nothing to do with how we will do this season, there will be much more effort in competitive games for a start.

At least we haven't lost to weaker teams like wolves, ipswich, and Brighton are losing at home to newport.

We lost to Northampton but beat Middlesboro, these games mean nothing.

A tad harsh response, I don't know how he ment it, but I read it as he was asking a question, I.e it's a new formation, will it work as a regular formation for the season, I don't know I could be wrong.

Archived