Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Wycombe Post Match Thread 2-1 VICTORY

I don't think SSL was that bad. In fairness to the lad he's playing left side, he's not left footed but coped well enough I think.

Liam Moore is a very good player, going to be immense for us hopefully, lad is a tank!

James was injured in the first half.

Knocky was decent in his 'free' type role he had.

Danns put a good shift in but I don't think his performance means he will be starting against Leeds.

Dyer made me nervous any time he got the ball in the Left back position.

I don't think Woods and Nuge get on at all.

I don't think SSL was that bad. In fairness to the lad he's playing left side, he's not left footed but coped well enough I think.

Liam Moore is a very good player, going to be immense for us hopefully, lad is a tank!

James was injured in the first half.

Knocky was decent in his 'free' type role he had.

Danns put a good shift in but I don't think his performance means he will be starting against Leeds.

Dyer made me nervous any time he got the ball in the Left back position.

I don't think Woods and Nuge get on at all.

Interesting. Do you know if Wood and Nuge get on either? 

League cup show is on tonight on BBC 1 if you don't find them before

Cheers!

As did a fair few Chelsea fans when Ben Marshall scored that screamer

The Chelsea fan I went with (and sat in the Chelsea end with) stood up and applauded, its sportsmanship - nothing wrong with it. 

Cheers!

The Chelsea fan I went with (and sat in the Chelsea end with) stood up and applauded, its sportsmanship - nothing wrong with it. 

Chelsea and sportsmanship.... two words that aren't often used in the same sentence.

I like when he starts a reply with 'Look' and then suddenly remembers he's live on the BBC. Usually to one of Stringers dafter questions.

Always sounds like he's going to be like 'Look you little ****' then reels it in. 

lol

I'd noticed that too

We played very nicely for 20 minutes, taking the lead deservedly.

Then their number 18, Kuffour (who was absolutely excellent throughout) scored a great goal and we never really recovered.

3 or 4 really decent corners at the end helped build the pressure leading up to the goal which was encouraging.

St. Ledger was our worst player today.

Firstly i think their number 18 was brilliant all game and we need to sign him up

Secondly don't you think dyer was worse than SSL as he just received the ball and lost all ability to run.

This post is ridiculous.

I was there tonight - he's made a fair and valid criticism. It's a results business, but don't let that cloud the fact we looked no better than a side who finished 15th in League Two last season. There were plenty of things to criticise about tonights performance.

I'm glad we won but that tirade is a load of nonsense to be honest.

It's still closer to meaningless than a reflection of how our season will go. A one-off game, away from home, where the players are less up for it.

If a League Cup 1st Round match is a sign of what's to come Brighton fans must be pooping their pants.

It's still closer to meaningless than a reflection of how our season will go. A one-off game, away from home, where the players are less up for it.

If a League Cup 1st Round match is a sign of what's to come Brighton fans must be pooping their pants.

You aren't wrong. Don't get me wrong, I had a good night, and I love the irony of the fact we've nicked a last minute winner from them (same scoring pattern too), but to completely go all out and someone for questioning aspects of what was a poor display is completely over the top and that's coming from even me. Shame as I think Grewks is normally a very decent poster who thinks out the box.

Happy to be through but if we play like that on Sunday we'll be embarrassed by Leeds.

Can't decide what I want next round. I'd have loved someone like Morecambe away but really not sure now with me working lol

lol I know what you mean, like tonight when stringer asked about players coming in, and Nigel made it quite clear he wasn't being drawn on any speculation, so stringer asked about konchesky, you just know Nigel had to hold in a round of fuxks, but I am seriously starting to like the new Pearson in interview, I dont know if somebody has had a word in his ear, what ever it is, I like the honesty, lack of arrogants and appreciation of the fans.

I think it's probably his own realisation. I think some people read far too much into his attitude in interviews but they were often pretty dour at the best of times. Get the feeling it's something he's sat down about over summer, had a think about and decided to act on it. Not heard his interview last night but I completely see where you're coming from about the 'Boro one.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with applauding an opponent, particularly in a game with as little riding on it as today. It was a great goal.

I've seen thousands of better goals not to receive applause, it was hardly top corner, Schmeichel should have saved it. And our fans then chanting 'sign him up'?!

Just a ew points from tonight...

We rarely looked trouble at the back tonight apart from when it came down the left. St Ledger really didn't have a great game at all.

Knockaert was the difference when he came on in a central role, almost like a free role, he was a menace.

James looks off the pace, hopefully he can get back in the groove soon.

Our fans really can be a bit dumb.. Applauding Kuffours goal then chanting sign him up :frusty: Other than that a top performance from the fans, roll on Sunday.

Clearly I was one of those dumb supporters... don't see anything wrong with it, it was a quality goal. I wouldn't do it in a Championship game though.

Anyone else at the game see how annoyed Wood was that Nugent took the penalty?

Just a couple of points, firstly I think half of St Ledger's problem is that he's playing left sided centre back with what appears to be no left foot at all. You can just about get away with that with two centre backs, but at times in a 5/3/2 he is/will playing effectively at left back, which is a problem with no left peg.

Secondly, as far as I remember Wood had been subbed off in the infamous Watford game, but Nugent was on? I didn't see Nugent that desperate to take the penalty back then if that was the case, I understand that it's a completely different scenario but still.

Anyone else at the game see how annoyed Wood was that Nugent took the penalty?

I think I can see a conspiracy theory on the horizon.......

Having seen wood take a pen at Blackpool, I'm glad he didn't get to take it. Has he taken any others for us? I suppose it's good that he still has confidence to want to take it.

Was a poor penalty, nugents lucky the keeper went the wrong way. Doesn't matter though as long as it goes in.

Having seen wood take a pen at Blackpool, I'm glad he didn't get to take it. Has he taken any others for us? I suppose it's good that he still has confidence to want to take it.

Was a poor penalty, nugents lucky the keeper went the wrong way. Doesn't matter though as long as it goes in.

Scored one vs Bolton

It's quite simple, if we continue to hoof the ball and not play football then Wood will struggle, as will Nugent, as will Waghorn, as will Vardy, as will Schlupp. As will they all. Knockaert came on last night and we started to get the ball down and pass and miraculously we looked a different team and played like we might actually score and win. Wood and Nugent can play together, they showed this in the first 10+ games that Wood was here when they linked up incredibly well and scored some superb goals. Wood's 2nd vs Huddersfield and Nugent's winner vs Middlesborough being two off the top of my head.

Pearson should be going off his fookin nut everytime he see's our defence and goalkeeper resort to aimless hoofs in matches, i'm concerned we've started matches in this fashion. Last season it used to creep in after we'd played some quality football and often taken the lead and then nerves and caution had set in. This is essential that Pearson nips it in the bud for Wood and everyone's sake.

Archived