Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tringfox

How many of the current squad have the scope for the premier league standard?

Well given half the forum don't think we will go up this season - not alot! Also alot would depend on how they actually perform this season - Its a bit premature to be asking!

Plus we had this thread last year so i doubt much has changed!

Kasper, James, King, Delaet at a push, knocky and nugent.

And here goes the shocker, I think Wes would get torn a new arsehole by top strikers, he's a great championship player, but i really think he'd struggle in the top flight.

So you've added Knockaert to your list with Wes as being a decent player? ;)

Could play in the Premiership was the question.....he needs coaching and would have to be a different player than the loon we have turned him into, but when he first got here he showed signs of greatness. I would suggest playing him out of position and dropping him regularly have probably dented him too much for now, but with proper coaching yes...Wes however is at the top of his game at the level he will be best at I'm afraid - imagine Van Persie or Suarez facing up to him.......

Could play in the Premiership was the question.....he needs coaching and would have to be a different player than the loon we have turned him into, but when he first got here he showed signs of greatness. I would suggest playing him out of position and dropping him regularly have probably dented him too much for now, but with proper coaching yes...Wes however is at the top of his game at the level he will be best at I'm afraid - imagine Van Persie or Suarez facing up to him.......

That still suggests you think he's a good signing though!

The Premier League affords players more time and space to express themselves in general than the frantic Championship.

Whilst Kasper and Morgan are givens, I'd suggest the little French wonder would probably have his moments, along with De Laet, Nugent and Dyer.

The Premier League isn't solely Van Persie & Suarez. Nearly any defender would struggle against those two.

If Morgan's getting battered by the likes of Sunderland and Norwich's forwards, that's where you'd have to worry.

That still suggests you think he's a good signing though!

I think potentially Wood, Knocky, James, RDL could all be good signings and under someone like MoN they would possibly be the Savages and Izzets of the now.....trouble is, they seem to generally regress after they join us and this is a worry. If they are borderline good like Marshall or Drinkwater then their potential seems to dry up. Perhaps something is changing this year and we will see these lads become the players the hype is about when they get signed but really only Wes has been better, honestly, than everyone thought he would be.

Archived