Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Vardy or Wood for Sunday?

So who would you go with to partner Nugent? It's fair to say Nuge will start given his performance when he came on vs Middlesborough and him getting a good 60 mins vs Wycombe. Do you drop Vardy after his goal or drop Wood who you can tell is desparate to score and build up some confidence? It's a tricky one but i'd go with Vardy right now.

It's going to be a difficult game on many levels, none more so than Brian McDermott seems to always have our number when we play his teams and Leeds have a half decent record at our gaff since Howard hammered in that winner back in '09. To start the league season with two wins would be superb and again we've not done that for several years from recollection, therefore we must get the team selection and formation right.

Vardy and Nugent were very good at times for us last season, Nuge seemed to score a lot of his goals when playing with Vardy. I'd go with that with Knockaert just behind to feed through balls to them and then look to bring on Wood when Nugent has ran himself in to the ground.

I haven't seen either game live so my opinion is based on the views of others, but...

Vardy seems to have been sharper and better motivated so far.  Wood will have a part to play this season but he might have to be happy with the bench for now.  Also, I prefer watching a Vardy typed striker than a Wood type striker.  Tall players rarely look graceful do they?  

I do like any striker who scores however!

Vardy all day long... Had a decent pre-season and showed how much he wants it as well as his finishing ability, pace and movement against Borough!

I think he got written off far to easily last season by fans when he was getting to grips with the league and had limited chances.

Give him games and time and I think he will come good for us!!

Interesting article from Chris Wood

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/story-19637149-detail/story.html?#axzz2bSHYoAwI

Chris Wood has yet to get off the mark this season despite starting against Middlesbrough and Wycombe but says he is well prepared.

"This was the first proper pre-season I've done and, hopefully, it has done me the world of good," he said.

"My good runs last season came because of confidence. Every striker thrives on it. Hopefully, I can get off the mark as soon as possible.

"I don't feel any pressure but when you play up-front you are doing your job to keep the shirt. You might not score but you might be doing something different."

Wood, who joined City from West Bromwich Albion in January, is relishing linking up again with David Nugent in City's attack.

"We all know what Nuge is like," he said. "He's a great player, a great athlete and he works hard for the team. He's an experienced player and will talk to me a lot.

"He's a great character and loves a joke and a bit of banter. He's great off the pitch as well as on it.

"He's always up to unusual things – he just does what he wants.

"Hopefully I'm the sensible one, I keep under the radar and, hopefully, it comes together.

"I hope the fact our understanding clicked early on will continue."

I'd love to say Wood because he needs confidence and dropping him won't help. Vardy does deserve a chance though, I think of go Vardy and Wood. And if its not happening for Chros again Nuge is there. Important to show faith

Interesting article from Chris Wood

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/story-19637149-detail/story.html?#axzz2bSHYoAwI

Chris Wood has yet to get off the mark this season despite starting against Middlesbrough and Wycombe but says he is well prepared.

"This was the first proper pre-season I've done and, hopefully, it has done me the world of good," he said.

"My good runs last season came because of confidence. Every striker thrives on it. Hopefully, I can get off the mark as soon as possible.

"I don't feel any pressure but when you play up-front you are doing your job to keep the shirt. You might not score but you might be doing something different."

Wood, who joined City from West Bromwich Albion in January, is relishing linking up again with David Nugent in City's attack.

"We all know what Nuge is like," he said. "He's a great player, a great athlete and he works hard for the team. He's an experienced player and will talk to me a lot.

"He's a great character and loves a joke and a bit of banter. He's great off the pitch as well as on it.

"He's always up to unusual things – he just does what he wants.

"Hopefully I'm the sensible one, I keep under the radar and, hopefully, it comes together.

"I hope the fact our understanding clicked early on will continue."

I want to know more about these unusual things he's always up to.

Urban Bee Keeping? Taxidermy? HAM Radio enthusiast? Taphophilia?

Archived