Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Vardy or Wood for Sunday?

Based on last week's performance, it has to be Vardy. Whether his partner up front is Nugent or Wood, remains to be seen...

I'd give him Nugent, so that he can terrorize the defense alongside Vardy. Let Nugent give all he's got, then bring on Wood for Nugent to put Leeds under more pressure.

Despite my recent dislike and anger towards Vardy, I'd go with Vardy, I'm still not sold on him, the jury is still out on him and he still needs to improve 10-fold before my opinions will change however, if you don't give him the chance he'll never change and at this current moment in time (End of last season included) Wood has done, well fuck all to be frank.

Apparently Vardy wasn't very good in the 1st half against Middlesborough, but neither were any of our players but 2nd half he improved alot, like the rest of the team so i'm told and linked up well with Nugent.

Like I said out of the two, Wood or Vardy, at the moment you have to argue Vardy is more of a threat.

He still has a long way to go to impress me but he started well last week, let's hope he continues and does change my opinion and prove me wrong.

I'd also argue Waghorn should be looked at based on his pre-season form (I know that counts for nothing really) but perhaps bring him on.

Schlupp is another i'd like to see be given a chance up front but the things that worrys me is we are gambling, we don't know who is a main front 2, you could say Nugent is one of them but we are constanly discussing who should be played up front, i'm sorry but that should be nailed on if we are to be looking at consistant results, promotion form, e.t.c. We still don't have and outstanding, brilliant strikeforce, which we can be confident in getting goals, that worries me.

----------------------------------------------Schmeichel------------------------------------------

------------------------------Moore----------Morgan---------Whitbread----------------------

De laet------------------------------------Drinkwater----------------------------Konchesky

------------------------------------James----------------Knockaert------------------------------

------------------------------------Wood-----------------Nugent----------------------------------

People calling others fickle are being a bit harsh - no-one has said that Vardy is an excellent player after one goal at Middlesbrough.

Vardy's an off-ball player. His running generally ends up providing more space for others to do their damage - I'd say he's harder to defend against than Wood is, Wood is a cracking finisher but I have some serious questions about his all-round game.

I think it's a mistake Pearson keeps making too - thinking Wood's any good in the air when he isn't, using him as a target man when he's a goal poacher that happens to be tall.

Quite funny how everyone is saying Vardy, when I'm sure most, was moaning about him being in the 11 V M'boro.

Not really just shows how sad some of our so called fans are.

Someone on this thread has already said wood is shite.

Someone said in the match thread last week just after the squad was released that np should be sacked.

Cos he had picked SSL and Vardy n Drinky we had not even seen the side or kicked a ball.

I don't think it was suddenly a kick up the backside that improved Wood's performance it was the fact that Knockaert was on the field and we'd stopped aimlessly hoofing the ball up front. When Wood has the ball at his feet he's a dangerous player, if it's up high to him then he's non-existant.

Wood is crap.

A player that scored 11 in 19 for Millwall, and then 9 in 18 for us, isn't 'crap'. 

I feel frustrated for him because Kasper seems to launch them stupid balls up to him which he will never win in the air. It's not is game. He needs the ball played to his feet. Think about when he first joined, we were playing freeflowing attacking football on the floor and Wood scored goals against Huddersfield and Bristol City like that. 

I do think that he is becoming the player that will get slated, regardless of what he does. Wood has the potential and ability to score 15+ goals for us this season.

Its a tough call.

Our strikers need better service. This will fix the problem.

Until then, Vardy can hustle and bustle, Nuge can run around but the one thing neither of them have is a bit of strength and height to get on the end of the wing back crosses that are coming in...

I'd definitely give wood more than 15 minutes at the end of the game... I'd even be tempted to start wood and let him bully them  for 60 minutes before vardy's hustling opens them up a bit more...

either way it seems to of done Vardy's confidence the world of good getting the nod ahead of someone who scored a fair few goals last season... and he hasn't disgraced himself one bit... he just isn't getting the service that suites his style right now....

Archived