Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

Credit where it is due, Andy King's 50 goals

I think you'll find he was at his most prolific under Sven. Some absolute beauties amongst those 15 goals in 10/11.

Chipped in with a few under Sousa too in the same season didn't he (chip against Cov, header(s) versus Cardiff at home)? Was practically carrying the club under the stewardship of that clown.

Chipped in with a few under Sousa too in the same season didn't he (chip against Cov, header(s) versus Cardiff at home)? Was practically carrying the club under the stewardship of that clown.

That Cov game was one of the most bizarre games I've ever seen. Completely dominant, beautiful interplay and one touch stuff yet only an exquisite chip saved up.

Always seems to score in 'big' games too.

He's also the Academy graduate with the 4th highest amount of appearances for the club since the war, which itself is something of an achievement.

It's not that long ago (under Levein etc.) where you'd look down the teamlist and struggle to find a player with more than 50 appearances for the club.

Now, Schmeichel and Nugent have both made over 100 and Dyer and King over 200. 

For all the talk of football clubs losing their identity, I think that the likes of Dyer and King help us to keep ours intact. I'd be more disappointed if one of those two were to go than any other member of the squad, because in an age of boardroom, managerial and even stadium upheaval, they've remained constant.

:appl:

Totally agree. For years I'd given up looking at the team sheet as I had no idea who these names were and I couldn't be bothered to memorise them as their shelf life was days and months rather than years. It's great to be able to speak of players who have been with us through the ups and downs of the last few years. Stability in the playing staff and management staff is the key to building a long term relationship with fans and for moving onwards and upwards.

:appl:

Totally agree. For years I'd given up looking at the team sheet as I had no idea who these names were and I couldn't be bothered to memorise them as their shelf life was days and months rather than years. It's great to be able to speak of players who have been with us through the ups and downs of the last few years. Stability in the playing staff and management staff is the key to building a long term relationship with fans and for moving onwards and upwards.

Andy King connects me to the club, I hope Liam Moore will do the same for the younger supporters.

Guest MattP

I think you'll find he was at his most prolific under Sven. Some absolute beauties amongst those 15 goals in 10/11.

King was excellent under Sven which made the 7/8 centre midfielders being purchased even more bizarre,

Great stuff from Kingy but my that list is depressing when you actually think about it?  :(

Guest MattP

It would be bizarre if your intention was to play with wingers

And people accuse Pearson of sticking to rigid formations when things go wrong.

A half decent season could see him ahead of McAllister? So 2 goals then. A half decent season for Kingy I'd expect him to be above Gibson in that list.

A decent season and he'd probably be up around the Lynex figure.

That Cov game was one of the most bizarre games I've ever seen. Completely dominant, beautiful interplay and one touch stuff yet only an exquisite chip saved up.

Always seems to score in 'big' games too.

He got another chip, think it was the same season, for the life of me can't remember who it was against but it was outside the 18 yard area, bloody fantastic.

Then there's West Ham away post-Sven's sacking, that hit against Leeds on boxing day a while back, the Stevenage cup goal in our League One season. 

I'd be genuinely gutted if he left.

He got another chip, think it was the same season, for the life of me can't remember who it was against but it was outside the 18 yard area, bloody fantastic.

Then there's West Ham away post-Sven's sacking, that hit against Leeds on boxing day a while back, the Stevenage cup goal in our League One season. 

I'd be genuinely gutted if he left.

Barnsley. Tried a hard shot, was blocked then chipped it first time at the second attempt.

The F is meant to be said in a bemused manner as in who the **** is he?

Sometimes known as FFSNNFPA

I don't think it's "who the **** is he?" more "who does he think he is as he is seen by many as intransigent.

Anyone who heard/saw his interview with Stringer after Derby must admit he is pretty funny when he gave him crap for birthday questions.

FWIW - I am a big fan.

I f**ing love me some Kingy.

People can talk all they want about Wood or Nugent, but King has been for some time the most natural finisher at the club, by some distant. He's just so cool in the box and on the ball, brilliant passer, brilliant finisher, but also a brilliant variety of finishes too, which contributes to his goalscoring ability. 

It's great that he's scored so many, played so many matches and came through the academy. Long may it continue. Absolutely vital to the club/team. 

When the "King to Forest" rumours surfaced in the summer, loads of people were saying he'd be no big loss.

Those people are morons. 

Archived