Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

Credit where it is due, Andy King's 50 goals

When you look at the list of players who've scored 50 or more goals for Leicester Andy is in some pretty good company, it also highlight just how few prolific strikers we've had in recent years.

A half decent season could see him ahead of McAllister. 

Also interesting to see the much maligned Fryatt so high up that list.

Im not sure Id call it a half decent season for him if he only ended up above McAllister from where he is right now...

Give me a season and i think I might score one too. That would be a cracking one for me.

I knew Walsh scored a few goals but that is incredible for a centre half.

Although he did play up front for a time, didn't he?

Yeah. emergency centre half.

10 minutes to go and go two at the back and pile on the pressure.

Yeah. emergency centre half.

10 minutes to go and go two at the back and pile on the pressure.

I think you will find that he was a proper centre half, and an emergency centre forward, although circa 1993/94 Brian Little played him at CF for the whole game in some matches.

He's also the Academy graduate with the 4th highest amount of appearances for the club since the war, which itself is something of an achievement.

It's not that long ago (under Levein etc.) where you'd look down the teamlist and struggle to find a player with more than 50 appearances for the club.

Now, Schmeichel and Nugent have both made over 100 and Dyer and King over 200. 

For all the talk of football clubs losing their identity, I think that the likes of Dyer and King help us to keep ours intact. I'd be more disappointed if one of those two were to go than any other member of the squad, because in an age of boardroom, managerial and even stadium upheaval, they've remained constant.

Is that the complete list? Surprised not to see a few names...Heskey, Dickov (scored a few in Div 1 right?)

A lot of people underestimate King and its annoying, he's climbing up the appearances ranking and you have to credit his loyalty. He's a good midfielder and does the job he's asked to do. Hopefully we'll see him continue to make a lot more appearances in a City shirt and rise up the goal list...he could go ahead of quite a few on this list if he has a good season!

Is that the complete list? Surprised not to see a few names...Heskey, Dickov (scored a few in Div 1 right?)

A lot of people underestimate King and its annoying, he's climbing up the appearances ranking and you have to credit his loyalty. He's a good midfielder and does the job he's asked to do. Hopefully we'll see him continue to make a lot more appearances in a City shirt and rise up the goal list...he could go ahead of quite a few on this list if he has a good season!

That's the complete list. Fryatt makes it by virtue of his 32 goals in league 1. Dickov only really had two seasons (his final stint didn't really do much) and Heskey was up against Premier league defenses.

King is quality. Sven tried to ruin him by making him more defensive but there are signs that his scoring instincts are coming back.

That definitely didn't happen.

King scored plenty in Sven's first season and was then used in the hole at the start of 11/12, which was madness.

Archived