Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

Credit where it is due, Andy King's 50 goals

Some muppet on Bentleys Roof came up with it. Nigel 'fvcking' Pearson I believe.

It was created when he first joined the club.

I think even the most optimistic City fan was ever so slightly underwhelmed by his appointment hence the quizzical "Nigel ****ing Pearson?" It then morphed into his no nonsense (headbutting) Nigel ****ING Pearson during league one. The circle was complete when he returned from Hull with a slightly disappointing Nigel ****in Pearson

I like Andy King. I like the 'loyalty' he's given to the club. I like his goals and I'm sure he gives 100% effort every game. He's that sort of bloke (I have met him) and comes across as a really good guy.

However, I've always thought, hand on heart that he's just a 'good' footballer. He's nothing out of this world. Where I am a little worried, again, is that he's kinda thwarted in the way we are playing currently. He's got a good footballing brain has King. That instinctive thing about bursting into the box at the right time. This seems to have gone off a bit over the past few months. His goals have dried up a little. To have this type of player not scoring goals is a problem because it increases the onus onto the strikers. We score so few goals from midfield that King needs to be played in a way that this starts improving again.

Generally a good lad, good player and I like King.

I like Andy King. I like the 'loyalty' he's given to the club. I like his goals and I'm sure he gives 100% effort every game. He's that sort of bloke (I have met him) and comes across as a really good guy.

However, I've always thought, hand on heart that he's just a 'good' footballer. He's nothing out of this world. Where I am a little worried, again, is that he's kinda thwarted in the way we are playing currently. He's got a good footballing brain has King. That instinctive thing about bursting into the box at the right time. This seems to have gone off a bit over the past few months. His goals have dried up a little. To have this type of player not scoring goals is a problem because it increases the onus onto the strikers. We score so few goals from midfield that King needs to be played in a way that this starts improving again.

Generally a good lad, good player and I like King.

I would slightly disagree Col. I think he's one of, if not the, best player. To be in that small bracket of players to have scored 50 goals for City at the age of 24 underlines that. I think he'll be one of those players who we don't truly appreciate till after he's left.

I would slightly disagree Col. I think he's one of, if not the, best player. To be in that small bracket of players to have scored 50 goals for City at the age of 24 underlines that. I think he'll be one of those players who we don't truly appreciate till after he's left.

Fair enough Mike, you're probably right.

:thumbup:

Stringer tweeted that King said on RL he wants to stay here for his career. :wub:

The words were pretty much put into his mouth by Stringer though! Still a brilliant achievement for the lad to reach 250 games and celebrate with a cracking goal, typical Kingy goal as well.

That Cov game was one of the most bizarre games I've ever seen. Completely dominant, beautiful interplay and one touch stuff yet only an exquisite chip saved up.

Always seems to score in 'big' games too.

That goal against Derby was sublime. God we played some great stuff that year.

I love king.

If Wesley wasn't such a hero this guy would be club captain

His time will come.  If King isn't captain by 4 seasons' time I'll eat my right testicle(and that's a generous time-gap for the sake of my gonads).

Archived