Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicesterpool

Nigel Pearson charged by Fa!

At the end of the day, who knows what Nigel said to the referee. Referees are fine with being criticised but being abused is another matter.

No matter how sh*t the ref was, there are other ways of letting the authority know about poor officiating.

Just seen it on sky sports news and it hardly looks like he is saying much! Doesn't even get near the ref!

Yes, there may be ways to do it but it never comes to anything useful. Referees just aren't accountable and it needs to change. It's a hard job, granted, and part of officiating is about opinions on certain situations so there are bound to be disagreements. However, there needs to be a lot more consistency and there needs to be a way referees can be accountable for their mistakes. At times, their mistakes can be as costly, if not more costly, than any mistake a player or manager can make.

The referees, in my eyes, need to earn respect. A lot do and perform consistently well. 

The FA ask / demand 'Respect' yet they show little respect for anybody else with the clear exception of referees. In their eyes, the referee is always right. He never makes an incorrect decision and when deluded players and managers take them to task through sheer frustration, it is them that are charged with bringing the game into disrepute.

The FA happily bury their heads in the sand. They fail to even acknowledge that they have a duty and responsibility to ensure that standards of refereeing are beyond reproach and that this is something that they must needs address, The regiment is out of step. Incompetence rules! To my mind, there is no one more guilty of bringing the game into disrepute than the FA themseves.

Stop crying about it? Our manager is serving a ban he doesn't deserve and we're just suppose to stand back and take the creampie? What the **** at you sir, support Cov you mug.

your 17 years old  so when you've supported the city as long as i have then make a comment until then shut the **** up. you bring nothing to the table

your 17 years old so when you've supported the city as long as i have then make a comment until then shut the **** up. you bring nothing to the table

I'd rather have him as a fan than you, you don't even seem to care that our manager and one of our best midfielders have been banned for one match because some ref went on a power trip.

your 17 years old  so when you've supported the city as long as i have then make a comment until then shut the **** up. you bring nothing to the table

Why does it matter how long you've supported Leicester before you can form an opinion?

your 17 years old so when you've supported the city as long as i have then make a comment until then shut the **** up. you bring nothing to the table

When Buzzy tells others that they bring nothing to the table lol

Seriously, you need a new hobby.

I'd rather have him as a fan than you, you don't even seem to care that our manager and one of our best midfielders have been banned for one match because some ref went on a power trip.

over reacting to this fa charge all of you need to get on with life as i said before he is not getting executed . this forum is generally  awful and full of kids who have nothing better to do than start poor threads and talking drivel . GET A LIFE goodbye and farewell

Slightly off topic, but the amount of our fans that come out with the "I'm a bigger/ better fan than you" bullshit is unbelievable! .... whether it's like the above, slating our home support or people that don't go to as many away games as yourself, choosing to watch a game on tv , sitting in a different part of the ground, or even just for holding a different opinion!.... There really is no need for it

over reacting to this fa charge all of you need to get on with life as i said before he is not getting executed . this forum is generally  awful and full of kids who have nothing better to do than start poor threads and talking drivel . GET A LIFE goodbye and farewell

Why don't you do us all a favour and **** off then you boring bastard?

Poor refereeing is obviously very annoying and quite rightly gets fans and managers upset .... But humans make mistakes.

For me the referees have become "names", they are individuals participating in the game just like a player or manager. that's where it's all gone wrong.

If you want a referee to be anonymous and simply officiate the game then make them a nameless man in black.

Take away the name from the programs and media, send a referee to the game from the FA without letting the club know who the ref will be, make the referee irrelevant as an individual.

Then if a ref makes a bad decision he's made a bad decision - there's no "Deadman ......." the ref would simply officiate and not be thinking of their own ego and what people are saying about them.

Does anyone on here actually know what he said? Oh yeah, didn't think so. Will we ever find out? No.

It's perfectly possible Pearson used foul and abusive language after the game. I don't know that he did, but it's possible - in which case, Pearson (and the club) can have nothing to complain about. The rules are quite clear. Also, 'freedom of speech' is not freedom to say whatever you like to whoever you like: indeed, aside from FA regulations, certain kinds of verbal conduct are prohibited by the civil law (with good reason) and you all know this.

If you read the papers and listen to the radio, you'll be aware that many football fans list 'gobby, abusive, arrogant players' or some such description as one of the things that alienates them from the modern game. Why then should we automatically jump to the defence of our manager if he might be guilty of the same thing?

The way some of the people on this thread are talking about this, you'd almost think that abusing the referee after the game is a sure-fire method of improving his next performance, or some kind of verbal 'justice' meted out for his poor performance. Also, the regulations aren't there to 'protect' referees from legitimate criticism, but abuse - some of which, of course, is undeserved, since it often turns out, in retrospect, that a ref's 'shocking decision' was actually correct. This was not the case on Saturday, but it might help if we as fans were a bit more consistent on this issue...

I think this is a case of not what was posted but by who.

Bnet got banned last week for abusing people who he disagreed with, maybe I'm being overly sensitive but there's been a lot of abuse thrown at posters who have questioned Dyer and agin on here.

Pearson has been banned for 1 game, it isn't the end of the world, we probably won't even notice it, yet someone points it out and gets comments like:

'Why don't you do us all a favour and **** off then you boring bastard?'

'I don't know you but I just get the feeling your a lonely old man screaming out for attention...plus your a d*ck head '     

If people get wound up by someone's posts perhaps they should just ignore them. 

Bnet got banned last week for abusing people who he disagreed with, maybe I'm being overly sensitive but there's been a lot of abuse thrown at posters who have questioned Dyer and agin on here.

Pearson has been banned for 1 game, it isn't the end of the world, we probably won't even notice it, yet someone points it out and gets comments like:

'Why don't you do us all a favour and **** off then you boring bastard?'

'I don't know you but I just get the feeling your a lonely old man screaming out for attention...plus your a d*ck head '

If people get wound up by someone's posts perhaps they should just ignore them.

Maybe the above posts have gone a bit far, and I've got him on ignore personally, It's just very rare to see his posts go unnoticed because most if them just disagree with the majority in what can only be a cry out for attention.

Still, I'm not going to waste my time talking about him to someone who often posts a lot of sense and have a fall out about it. Because ultimately he wants people to talk about him it seems.

As an aside; I've got personal messages from him telling me that he wants fight me, because I disagreed with him last season in a match thread lol lol

Archived