Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicesterpool

Nigel Pearson charged by Fa!

I suppose it depends on what the managers say. I don't have a problem if they say the ref had a poor game, it's when it's that excuse every week, accusations of bias or like Holloway with small club victim mentality.

Pearson isn't that bad at all, oftens accepts responsibility for results, we'd have threads like this virtually every week if we had Warnock or Pulis in charge.

Joke.

Remember FA fat cats, 'Respect' works both ways 

fa-respect-campaign.jpg

24105.jpg

'No referee, No Respect, No game', also bare in mind 'No fans (That 'your' referees are annoying, turning away, angering at bad decisions, amongst other things.), No money (Being bought into the game), No game)

Let's have a little respect for fans, players and managers please FA.

Article 10 - expression

Article 10 provides the right to freedom of expression, subject to certain restrictions that are "in accordance with law" and "necessary in a democratic society". This right includes the freedom to hold opinions, and to receive and impart information and ideas, but allows restrictions for:

• interests of national security
  • territorial integrity or public safety
  • prevention of disorder or crime
  • protection of health or morals
  • protection of the reputation or the rights of others
  • preventing the disclosure of information received in confidence
  • maintaining the authority and impartiality of the judiciary

Absolutely farcical. In any other line of work on the planet, if your performance isn't up to standard, then it is questioned and if it continues you receive warnings and then a dismissal. But anyone says anything bad about a referee, then God forbid! Like any other job, he should be questioned if his standards aren't up to par and be ready to give reasons why. I know it's a cliché but refs should come out and give reasons for decisions and expect to be asked questions when they are challenged on one or more of the things they have done during a game. 

Isn't there such thing as freedom speech. 

What really gets me about Refs are they never come out to the press and explain there decisions, if they did then people would understand refs more and probably respect them more, instead they hide away. Also i think it's time certain refs on some occasions have been bribed! especially when the top four clubs are playing. You never see refs investigated! 

Has anyone read his wiki page? lol

In August 2009, Carlisle United made a complaint about Deadman after he allegedly shouted encouragement to a Millwall player during a League One match between the two teams. The complaint was later dropped.

Deadman's most notable appointment to date came in May 2011, when he officiated the League Two play-off final at Old Trafford. He issued four yellow cards during the final, in whichStevenage won promotion by defeating Torquay United 1–0.

In November 2011, Deadman officiated a Championship match between Doncaster Rovers and Middlesbrough. When Doncaster striker Billy Sharp scored in the 14th minute, he revealed a T-shirt underneath his club jersey which contained the message "That's for you son", in tribute to his newborn son who died two days prior.[3] Deadman elected not to book Sharp, even though such a celebration (the removal of the jersey) requires the referee to show a yellow card to the player under the laws of the game.[4]

Deadman came under fire from Crawley Town manager Richie Barker after his refereeing of Crawley's League One fixture against Portsmouth in September 2012. Barker accused Deadman of "ruining" the match after the official sent off Crawley midfielder Josh Simpson in the first half for two debatable yellow cards. In the second half, he dismissed Crawley player Hope Akpan and elected not to send-off Portsmouth's Brian Howard after he appeared to commit a professional foul on Dannie Bulman. Portsmouth won the game 3–0.[5]

In December 2012, the Football Association investigated allegations that Deadman aimed an obscene gesture at Southend United supporters during a League Two match.[6] He was cleared of the accusation.[7]

Deadman was criticised in April 2013 by Sheffield Wednesday manager Dave Jones, who was subsequently ordered by the FA to serve a two-match ban from the touchline after his complaints about the referee's performance in Wednesday's 1–1 Championship draw against Bristol City.

In August 2013, Deadman was censured by Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson following his officating of a Championship match against Charlton Athletic. The referee showed a second yellow card to Leicester's Matty James for dissent, elected not to award any penalty kicks despite a number of appeals, and allowed Charlton's winner to stand despite an apparent foul on Leicester goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel in the build-up.

Isn't there such thing as freedom speech. 

What really gets me about Refs are they never come out to the press and explain there decisions, if they did then people would understand refs more and probably respect them more, instead they hide away. Also i think it's time certain refs on some occasions have been bribed! especially when the top four clubs are playing. You never see refs investigated! 

It depends what was said. If you say the ref was crap, poor game, that's an opinion. If you question their integrity and honesty, that's against their character and is a serious accusation.

Pearson doesn't seem the type to question integrity, he doesn't normally slate referees in post-match interviews.

Article 10 - expression

Article 10 provides the right to freedom of expression, subject to certain restrictions that are "in accordance with law" and "necessary in a democratic society". This right includes the freedom to hold opinions, and to receive and impart information and ideas, but allows restrictions for:

• interests of national security
  • territorial integrity or public safety
  • prevention of disorder or crime
  • protection of health or morals
  • protection of the reputation or the rights of others
  • preventing the disclosure of information received in confidence
  • maintaining the authority and impartiality of the judiciary

This is what I don't get.

The media are allowed to say whatever they want about Pearson. Other managers are allowed to say whatever they want about managers and players, yet you can't say anything about an abysmal ref. The FA and FIFA are both joke outfits.

You can't just give respect to a referee. Surely they have to earn it? Earn it just like everyone associated with the club has to earn the respect from fans? I get that they are authoritative personnel and have the ability to make decisions others on the pitch can't, but sometimes some of those personnel (Darren Deadman) seem to let the power and responsibility get to their heads. It irks and angers me that they don't seem to get punished for their incompetencies but if someone questions them, angrily but rightly so, then those who do question are the ones who get punished. 

Referees and officials do have a hard job to do, but sometimes it's so blatantly obvious they are doing a bad job and it really pisses me off that the majority seem to get away with it. It pisses me off the FA don't seem to listen to any fans. Who judges the referees on their performances? Where are their appraisals and how often does it happen? Do they ever think to ask fans of clubs about officials' performances as well as professional peers? Are managers of both sides allowed to review their performance? 

Officials get away with so much. It says a lot as well when both sets of fans have the same negative opinion on a referee or his assistant. 

most of you on here are brain dead. wow wee pearson as been charged what the hell are you lot worring about, all he is going to get is a fine he is not going to get executed get over it. for years we have known the fa are complete and utter useless 

most of you on here are brain dead. wow wee pearson as been charged what the hell are you lot worring about, all he is going to get is a fine he is not going to get executed get over it. for years we have known the fa are complete and utter useless 

That makes it alright then.

Fine and a 1-match ban. Excessive compared to the fact the referee gets away scot-free with a shoddy, incompetent performance.

Archived