Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicesterpool

Nigel Pearson charged by Fa!

most of you on here are brain dead. wow wee pearson as been charged what the hell are you lot worring about, all he is going to get is a fine he is not going to get executed get over it. for years we have known the fa are complete and utter useless 

He is receiving a touchline ban for a very important game you mongoloid 

I'm sure he fooked us over last year in a game.

Someone I work with was a lino upto championship level (no,not my mates the ref tonight ) and he said looks like he's fooked you over again.What I find odd is Deadman is from Peterborough so although he should be a pro is that a wise placement to officiate us?

As it stands, I just can't get too excited about all this. While it didn't seem like he did much after the final whistle, we don't know yet what Pearson did or didn't say. Pearson is allowed to contest this charge; let him have his day with the FA (and let him contact the LMA about this, too).

This is what I don't get.

The media are allowed to say whatever they want about Pearson. Other managers are allowed to say whatever they want about managers and players, yet you can't say anything about an abysmal ref. The FA and FIFA are both joke outfits.

But managers aren't allowed to say whatever they want about players and other managers. 

If a manager uses profane language during the game, no matter whom it's directed to, he can be sent to the stands. If a manager used inappropriate language to insult an opposing manager or player after the game within earshot of the referee, the ref would surely include that in his match report and the offending manager could face further sanction. Even certain comments by a manager directed to players or other managers made outside of a game can draw sanctions for "bringing the game under disrepute."

Some of this may be overly strict but decorum is important in sport.

Managers can criticize referees but they have to be tactful about it. There's nothing wrong with "I think he got that one wrong," or "If I were the ref, I would have given a penalty there."

---

I don't think referees should be made to answer to the press after every game. I think this would only make situations worse because fans are staunchly partisan. Take the last game, for example: I'm sure if you ask Charlton fans, they'd say the ref was correct on those important decisions. I know Deadman is a special case, but even decent refs that make the right calls get shit from fans when calls don't go their team's way. If that ref were to be made to publicly explain his actions, it would only stoke the flames even higher. Also, it could put referees under either more pressure all around, or more pressure to act on one side. If Manchester United--with their massive worldwide media presence--played Leicester City in a controversial game, and the referee had to attend a press conference, how do you think that would go?

Unbelievable. Darren Deadman will be able to continue to officiate and ruin games, and you can't say anything about it!

Maybe it's about time the FA and Football League started looking a bit closer to home.

If anything, Shakespeare was worse than Pearson! Shows how pathetic it all is! lol

Nothing new here, the FA and standard of officials has been in steady decline for a long long time, my only surprise is that some people are still shocked at how bad standards are.

It's pretty hard to solve the problem when the FA in our country doesn't have a bloody clue.

oh my god pearsons up in front of the fa put it on the 10clock news as there main story its the end of the world, you sad ****er

Considering this is a Leicester City forum, and we are all fans, of course his ban is bad news.

It's not the end of the World, it shouldn't be on the news, but if we go with that attitude then it doesn't matter if we lose a game, or sell our best player, because 'its only a game'.

Turns football into a joke, I can understand it's difficult to keep a tabs on everything that goes on but decisions like we saw at Charlton are laughable! It's about time the F.A. Got their heads out of their arses and sorted this bull shot out, stupid decision can cost points and even jobs!

If I went to work and overcharged someone by £100 I'd more than likely be sacked, it's about time wankers like Deadman were held accountable for their half arsed decisions.

As it stands, I just can't get too excited about all this. While it didn't seem like he did much after the final whistle, we don't know yet what Pearson did or didn't say. Pearson is allowed to contest this charge; let him have his day with the FA (and let him contact the LMA about this, too).

But managers aren't allowed to say whatever they want about players and other managers. 

If a manager uses profane language during the game, no matter whom it's directed to, he can be sent to the stands. If a manager used inappropriate language to insult an opposing manager or player after the game within earshot of the referee, the ref would surely include that in his match report and the offending manager could face further sanction. Even certain comments by a manager directed to players or other managers made outside of a game can draw sanctions for "bringing the game under disrepute."

Some of this may be overly strict but decorum is important in sport.

Managers can criticize referees but they have to be tactful about it. There's nothing wrong with "I think he got that one wrong," or "If I were the ref, I would have given a penalty there."

---

I don't think referees should be made to answer to the press after every game. I think this would only make situations worse because fans are staunchly partisan. Take the last game, for example: I'm sure if you ask Charlton fans, they'd say the ref was correct on those important decisions. I know Deadman is a special case, but even decent refs that make the right calls get shit from fans when calls don't go their team's way. If that ref were to be made to publicly explain his actions, it would only stoke the flames even higher. Also, it could put referees under either more pressure all around, or more pressure to act on one side. If Manchester United--with their massive worldwide media presence--played Leicester City in a controversial game, and the referee had to attend a press conference, how do you think that would go?

Good post. You're right that they need to be tactful and thoughtful before openly criticising officials (no matter what they have done during the game). Refs are being very openly protected at the moment and unfortunately it's a zero tolerance policy in reaction to protecting grass roots refs rather than the professional ones.  I get that, I really do but we aren't talking about a bloke on his own down the park with 22 people wanting to kill him for getting something wrong/right, we are talking about men who earn a good living from officiating football matches and then not having any accountability afterwards. He may get put down to a lower league for a bit if this is investigated further but that'll be it. I hope Nigel appeals and wins.  Refs are like Auditors at work.  They live in a utopian world where it "should" be like whatever they say but they don't actually deliver anything and are not accountable for any results, good or bad.

Is it just me or is the sort of thing one expects from our manager - a bit of pashun etc......get winning again and behave like this and I could warm to him again

Nearly fell off my chair when I read this.  Stop posting shit and I might warm to you again...   :flowers:   

It's just ridiculous that a manager or a player cannot put their opinion over to the officials without getting an FA charge anybody would think Pearson and James questioned their parenthood or suggested which opticians to visit or even that they called him an incompetent knob headed twat ??!! Whatever happened to the officials being audited at games to review their performance? If a manager or player has a problem with a decision them they should have the right to approach the official and the FA sit through a playback and for the ref to explain his decisions to both parties !! Mind you that would happen every game with these shit officials and the back log would be huge !!

It makes you think about tv replays as in American football or rugby with a 5th official with a monitor and play back facility ?? Something needs doing about these idiots as it ruins the game and also changes the outcomes and results of games promotions etc !!

But as usual the good old dinosaur FA will do sweet " FA "

Shakespeare went right up to the referee, Pearson seemed to keep his distance and didn't say too much, if anything Shakespeare should be the one charged.

Would love to know what he said.

Exactly. As far as I could see Shakespeare waded in right up to the referee and Pearson went over to pull him away and maybe said a departing word or two. Stowell was waiting at the tunnel as well for him.

For this to happen he must have put something in his report which makes him even more of a ****. To turn in that display then have the gall to go and look for repercussions when someone tells you exactly how bad it was...

Why shouldn't managers be able to criticise referees though?

We have this ridiculous situation in England whereby fans tell the ref how bad they are (often screaming abuse), players show the referee the respect their performance deserves (i.e. none - see Knockaert last weekend) yet should a manager constructively criticise a referee in a post-match interview, or tell him what he thinks at the end of the match when nothing can be influenced, they get punished!

They talk of 'Respect' but it's just a concept at the minute, it's not reality because the reality is that referees will get the 'Respect' that the standard of performance they give deserves. Bad refs will be slated, good ones praised - there's no getting away from it. Yet the FA keep pushing this concept and censoring what people are allowed to say when in actual fact doing so makes no odds. Next time someone's as bad as Deadman was at Charlton we'll all know, Pearson will still react as he did and the players will still show disregard for that ref on that day. There will be no 'Respect' because whether or not there is any 'Respect' is a product of the referee's performance, not a cause of it.

Has anyone read his wiki page? lol

In August 2009, Carlisle United made a complaint about Deadman after he allegedly shouted encouragement to a Millwall player during a League One match between the two teams. The complaint was later dropped.

Deadman's most notable appointment to date came in May 2011, when he officiated the League Two play-off final at Old Trafford. He issued four yellow cards during the final, in whichStevenage won promotion by defeating Torquay United 1–0.

In November 2011, Deadman officiated a Championship match between Doncaster Rovers and Middlesbrough. When Doncaster striker Billy Sharp scored in the 14th minute, he revealed a T-shirt underneath his club jersey which contained the message "That's for you son", in tribute to his newborn son who died two days prior.[3] Deadman elected not to book Sharp, even though such a celebration (the removal of the jersey) requires the referee to show a yellow card to the player under the laws of the game.[4]

Deadman came under fire from Crawley Town manager Richie Barker after his refereeing of Crawley's League One fixture against Portsmouth in September 2012. Barker accused Deadman of "ruining" the match after the official sent off Crawley midfielder Josh Simpson in the first half for two debatable yellow cards. In the second half, he dismissed Crawley player Hope Akpan and elected not to send-off Portsmouth's Brian Howard after he appeared to commit a professional foul on Dannie Bulman. Portsmouth won the game 3–0.[5]

In December 2012, the Football Association investigated allegations that Deadman aimed an obscene gesture at Southend United supporters during a League Two match.[6] He was cleared of the accusation.[7]

Deadman was criticised in April 2013 by Sheffield Wednesday manager Dave Jones, who was subsequently ordered by the FA to serve a two-match ban from the touchline after his complaints about the referee's performance in Wednesday's 1–1 Championship draw against Bristol City.

In August 2013, Deadman was censured by Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson following his officating of a Championship match against Charlton Athletic. The referee showed a second yellow card to Leicester's Matty James for dissent, elected not to award any penalty kicks despite a number of appeals, and allowed Charlton's winner to stand despite an apparent foul on Leicester goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel in the build-up.

Says it all...

The thing is, if you look at Howard Webb's Wiki then I'm sure it wouldn't read like this. Similarly if you look at Gavin Ward's, Stuart Atwell's or Jon Moss' then it WILL read like this. Go figure...

Exactly. As far as I could see Shakespeare waded in right up to the referee and Pearson went over to pull him away and maybe said a departing word or two. Stowell was waiting at the tunnel as well for him.

For this to happen he must have put something in his report which makes him even more of a ****. To turn in that display then have the gall to go and look for repercussions when someone tells you exactly how bad it was...

Why shouldn't managers be able to criticise referees though?

We have this ridiculous situation in England whereby fans tell the ref how bad they are (often screaming abuse), players show the referee the respect their performance deserves (i.e. none - see Knockaert last weekend) yet should a manager constructively criticise a referee in a post-match interview, or tell him what he thinks at the end of the match when nothing can be influenced, they get punished!

They talk of 'Respect' but it's just a concept at the minute, it's not reality because the reality is that referees will get the 'Respect' that the standard of performance they give deserves. Bad refs will be slated, good ones praised - there's no getting away from it. Yet the FA keep pushing this concept and censoring what people are allowed to say when in actual fact doing so makes no odds. Next time someone's as bad as Deadman was at Charlton we'll all know, Pearson will still react as he did and the players will still show disregard for that ref on that day. There will be no 'Respect' because whether or not there is any 'Respect' is a product of the referee's performance, not a cause of it.

Says it all...

The thing is, if you look at Howard Webb's Wiki then I'm sure it wouldn't read like this. Similarly if you look at Gavin Ward's, Stuart Atwell's or Jon Moss' then it WILL read like this. Go figure...

Howard Webb's probably says something along the lines of: "Howard Webb is a professional football referee who officiates for Manchester United."

This is absolutely pathetic. 

The referee was rightly criticized (he was the worst referee I've seen in a long time) yet Nige gets charged. I'm not happy with this. 

As I just posted in the other thread, referee's get away with everything. They don't undertake post match interviews, even though their performances are awful. 

Maybe Nigel had a post match interview of his own with the ref!?

Archived