Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DennisNedry

PS4 v Xbox One

Which will you be buying?  

349 members have voted

1. 1. PS4 or Xbox One?

Who voted Xbox?!

Come on.....own up!

I'm more intrigued to find out who's voted both to be honest. Serious chunk of cash on consoles this year for them

I'm more intrigued to find out who's voted both to be honest. Serious chunk of cash on consoles this year for them

lol I did.

Eventually I'll get both, at some point anyway. I certainly won't be going out and getting them both on release day though!

Matttrick is right, this is 2013 for christ sake, who hasn't got the internet? If you're worried about the Kinect spying, why do you have a phone? Why do you go outside? 

I'm not some Xbox fan boy, I've just done my research. 

Firstly, It's quite embarrassing that Sony have resorted to a media focus that has enraged the boners of their fans by taking the piss and not focussing on their production of a product that has seemingly only rectified the issues of it's previous console, not make ground-breaking movements to change the industry. In that regard, the PS4 really is like a PS3 with a slight upgrade in spec.

The following articles might sway some people's view. I'm long past my days of fighting over this shit, I'm excited for my purchase of my Xbox and if it's terrible then I'll get a PS4, but slowing down and researching as opposed to jumping on Sony's method of trying to embarrass as opposed to actually make movements is quite immature IMO. We're buying a product here, not fuelling the flames for pre-pubescent teenagers to scrap over multi-million corporate entities.

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/1g8t5e/lets_clear_up_the_issues_used_games_kinect/

http://pastebin.com/uCmdh9jB

Matttrick is right, this is 2013 for christ sake, who hasn't got the internet? If you're worried about the Kinect spying, why do you have a phone? Why do you go outside? 

Firstly, It's quite embarrassing that Sony have resorted to a media focus that has enraged the boners of their fans by taking the piss and not focussing on their production of a product that has seemingly only rectified the issues of it's previous console, not make ground-breaking movements to change the industry. In that regard, the PS4 really is like a PS3 with a slight upgrade in spec.

The following articles might sway some people's view. I'm long past my days of fighting over this shit, I'm excited for my purchase of my Xbox and if it's terrible then I'll get a PS4, but slowing down and researching as opposed to jumping on Sony's method of trying to embarrass as opposed to actually make movements is quite immature IMO. We're buying a product here, not fuelling the flames for pre-pubescent teenagers to scrap over multi-million corporate entities.

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/1g8t5e/lets_clear_up_the_issues_used_games_kinect/

Being watched by cctv outside is a hell of alot different to inside you might aswell just give us number tags and be done with it! ground-breaking? PS4 and X1 are near enough the same console the only thing that seperates them is there features not a fan boy yet you blindy ignore all 3 of the consoles are guilty of that.

The reason why people are angry at Microsoft is because of the introduction of all these new and unnecessary restrictions that the PS4 simply doesn't have. Unless you can't live without the various Xbox game franchises (which is fair enough) then I don't see any good reason to buy an Xbox One over a PS4.  

The reason why people are angry at Microsoft is because of the introduction of all these new and unnecessary restrictions that the PS4 simply doesn't have. Unless you can't live without the various Xbox game franchises (which is fair enough) then I don't see any good reason to buy an Xbox One over a PS4.

Did you read the articles?

The restrictions actually aren't as bad as people are making out, and it could result in cheaper games for Xbox users.

I understand the gripe with the price tag, but you get a Kinect with that, and they're (by means of the restrictions) are trying to lower the price of the games.

In reply to the poster before Amin, as I said, I'm not 16 years old so I'm not going to argue about a corporate entity, I just think the articles above might help.

The restrictions actually aren't as bad as people are making out, and it could result in cheaper games for Xbox users.

I understand the gripe with the price tag, but you get a Kinect with that, and they're (by means of the restrictions) are trying to lower the price of the games.

In reply to the poster before Amin, as I said, I'm not 16 years old so I'm not going to argue about a corporate entity, I just think the articles above might help.

I'm not 16 year's old either dont put yourself on a pedestal i'm just abit more passionate about a industry i grew up with abit like music. Yes they might help you into thinking that there not that bad but basicly it comes down to this you are paying microsoft to rent games off of them effectively. But if they do actually help reduce the price of games which i very much doubt it is microsoft after all then i might be swayed by this way of buying games.

Yes they could put drive down the price of games, but they wont

The two articles you posted do paint a rather rosy picture, but they dont hold back on trying put the responce down to nothing but stupidity from young gamers and a pushed offensive hype from the other side when they could just admit that some of the measures they are taking are too oppressive for this moment in time. The fact the 'Engineer' admits to posting on /b/ also makes me a little sceptical :ph34r:

If you want a Kinect then fine, you can have one and if it gets popular enough with the release of good games for it then yes, it should have every chance to be successful, but openly admitting to doing it just to get a base for their product rather than investing is abit of a pisstake, alot of people have never wanted Kinect and dont feel they should be forced into having one. And of course we have all the recent privacy infringment stuff in the news that makes it abit more ominous.

Honestly gone from Sega Megadrive & Snes > N64 > Playstation > Playstation 2 > Xbox > Xbox 360 in my 21 years.

I do not consider myself a fanboy of any kind, I simply try to after my money and intrests. If the Xbox One is attractive to you then fair enough. Though I do hope PS picks up some more exclusive, top notch games in the future with the seeming coming rise in popularity.

They're still restrictions that you don't get with the other console. The Kinect should be optional. I expect most people would rather not buy one.

If you're that bothered about the price of games, wouldn't you like the option of borrowing, renting or buying used copies, without paying for it twice?

You'll be paying more for an inferior product from a company that's making it pretty clear that they think you are scum.

Unless you really, really need to have Halo, I just can't see why anyone would go for the XBox One over the PS4.

They're still restrictions that you don't get with the other console. The Kinect should be optional. I expect most people would rather not buy one.

If you're that bothered about the price of games, wouldn't you like the option of borrowing, renting or buying used copies, without paying for it twice?

You'll be paying more for an inferior product from a company that's making it pretty clear that they think you are scum.

Unless you really, really need to have Halo, I just can't see why anyone would go for the XBox One over the PS4.

Considering it's my childhood game, yeah I do need Halo.

You can also borrow your friends games inside "circles", that's 10 people on your friends list who can choose to borrow from the library that you've created by downloading the games to your hardrive- yet another thing that is ground breaking.

You can buy used copies too, Micro have made it clear that it's down to the developer whether they put the restrictions on or not.

Ultimately the restrictions are needed because you're building a library of games on your Xbox by downloading the whole thing, reducing the need for a disk. No more scratched disks, lost disks etc and the developers get the money they deserve. It's just feeding back into the industry to make them carry on doing what they're doing.

If people have the time, read into it. I only did because I need to justify in my head a purchase over £300, let alone £425.

It wouldn't drive down price's at all it will just increase their profit margins on games . Big company's like Microsoft or Sony never pass on savings to the consumer .

Yes I read the articles; I also read the official policies that Microsoft released a few days before E3 so it’s nothing I didn’t already know. A lot of people who have decided to buy a PS4 instead of an Xbox One have done there research too. 

Considering it's my childhood game, yeah I do need Halo.

You can also borrow your friends games inside "circles", that's 10 people on your friends list who can choose to borrow from the library that you've created by downloading the games to your hardrive- yet another thing that is ground breaking.

You can buy used copies too, Micro have made it clear that it's down to the developer whether they put the restrictions on or not.

Ultimately the restrictions are needed because you're building a library of games on your Xbox by downloading the whole thing, reducing the need for a disk. No more scratched disks, lost disks etc and the developers get the money they deserve. It's just feeding back into the industry to make them carry on doing what they're doing.

If people have the time, read into it. I only did because I need to justify in my head a purchase over £300, let alone £425.

The 10 user circle thing is a good feature because it lets you and one of your friends play the same game at the same time, but only one user can play your game at any one time, which is essentially the same as letting one of your mates borrow a disk while your other friends have to wait for him to finish with it before they can have a go. However, the fact that you can lend out your games digitally rather than physically is pretty cool if your friends and family live far away from you.The only problem with this feature is that it effectively requires DRM and the online check-in system to function properly, which is precisely what a lot of people, including me, don’t want. Add in the used game restrictions, the £429 price tag and the mandatory Kinect system and you are left with a console that is undesirable to many.    

The 10 user circle thing is a good feature because it lets you and one of your friends play the same game at the same time, but only one user can play your game at any one time, which is essentially the same as letting one of your mates borrow a disk while your other friends have to wait for him to finish with it before they can have a go. However, the fact that you can lend out your games digitally rather than physically is pretty cool if your friends and family live far away from you.The only problem with this feature is that it effectively requires DRM and the online check-in system to function properly, which is precisely what a lot of people, including me, don’t want. Add in the used game restrictions, the £429 price tag and the mandatory Kinect system and you are left with a console that is undesirable to many.

I don't get the issue with this 24 hour 'check in' as you put it. If I've read it right, the console doesnt have to be ON. It just needs to be plugged in at the wall, on standby if you like. As for the Kinect, so what...you can switch it all off. The sharing of your game library can only be a good thing surely. I buy a game, finish it, let my mate finish it, let my other 9 mates finish it, then they let me finish one of their games that I'm in to...etc etc...all in the comfort of my armchair.

Unless I'm tripping!! lol

I had the PS1, PS2, PS3. Then my PS3 decided to give up on me after having it for 5 years. After repairing it a couple of times, i decided enough is enough and my mates talked me into getting a Xbox 360. I do think the Xbox 360 is better than the PS3 although the EA server on the xbox is awful at the moment. Fifa is forever causing my xbox to crash.

I was one of the 3 to vote for the Xbox one. mainly because i know my mates will be getting one and we play COD online. I didn't expect the voting to be like how it has gone.

I was torn between the two and although the limitations of the xbox one puts me off. I don't see them affecting me that much, but its just the cheek of microsoft to put the limitations onto their system as to try and drive game sales up.

The more i look into the 2, the more i'm being pushed towards the PS4

Just the thought of paying to play games online... and both camps are perfectly happy with this astounds me?!

To have such a large number of people using an online system that needs to be maintained, protected and improved gives you the need to fund it. This all in turn puts presure on the company to improve their services and justify its policy.

You can get Gold for less than £30 a year now and PSN+ is said to be cheaper at around £20

Just the thought of paying to play incredible games that piss all over Zelda/Alex Kidd/any N64 game online... and both camps are perfectly happy with this.

Would you believe it.

I've always had a PlayStation. Sold my PS3 last year due to lack of money. I genuinely haven't missed playing on it. The only thing I used it for was online gaming.

In short, if I do buy one it'll certainly be the PS4, though once they come out the PS3s will shoot down in price so may buy one of them again instead.

Well the second link is true, you can see the pictures for yourself on the article. As for the first article, I see no reason not to trust a dev who actually had his hands on the machine.

Archived