Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DennisNedry

PS4 v Xbox One

Which will you be buying?  

349 members have voted

1. 1. PS4 or Xbox One?

In my defence I was ****ing smashed last night when I posted this, what the **** was I going on about?! lol

Was gonna say mate, was thinking it was a strange, strange post from you. I'll let you off this time, though. :thumbup:

lol hardcore gamerz! I won't even try... Except to point out that they are called 'video games' surely the hardcorz know that!?

Most "hardcore" gamers don't take themselves seriously, and it's more commonly referred to as "core" gaming now as "hardcore" does sound a bit intense

It's basically this:

Core/hardcore gaming - revolves around reflexes, honed gameplay, possibility for challenges, often now setup with online multiplayer in mind. Can cover everything from shooting, driving, adventure, sports, etc...

"Family" gaming (ie. Nintendo) -

nintendogs.jpg

Think the damage has already been done for most, this will claw back a few but they have done pretty well to lose more than a few already.

This is true. A culmination of everything they've come out with so far means I'm not getting a Xbox 1, even having had only a 360 this generation

Even if they were to ditch the DRM stuff and price-match the PS4 - I still don't want that stupid camera in my room/cupboard/life, I don't give a shit about TV capabilities (my TV already has them. Hence why I bought a TV) and it seems a lot of development time on the new console was completely wasted from the word "go" and I'm not buying it. I want a games console, and the PS4 ticks all the right boxes

It's like choosing between 2 similar phones, but one is £80 more and comes with a paperweight.

lol hardcore gamerz! I won't even try... Except to point out that they are called 'video games' surely the hardcorz know that!?

Let's just ignore my argument and just pick up a couple of words I got wrong, then.

The Wii is fine for what it is - having a laugh when you have to entertain very old or very young relatives, or helping fatties lose weight, but it's not an alternative choice for someone looking to play the best console games around.

Let's just ignore my argument and just pick up a couple of words I got wrong, then.

The Wii is fine for what it is - having a laugh when you have to entertain very old or very young relatives, or helping fatties lose weight, but it's not an alternative choice for someone looking to play the best console games around.

This is exactly my view on the Wii consoles versus Current and NextGen consoles.

The Wii and Wii U aren't bad consoles. But they're in no competition with Sony or Microsoft. This is clear for all to see. In my experience of Nintendo's attempt at consoles, they're more of a family orientated piece of kit. They're definitely for less 'hardcore' gamers who fancy a laugh playing their mates/family at WiiSports and Mario Kart etc.

What do people define as the best console games anyway? I'm sure it would split opinion. People like different things better but the majority of better, high-quality games are on Xbox and Playstation (not always both platforms). In my opinion my favourite games are action RPG's like Skyrim, Dragons Dogma, Demon Souls and Reckoning. Wii and WiiU simply wouldn't maximise the games features to their full potential. This is why Nintendo are completely lagging behind Sony and Microsoft, for me.

The only exception I could take for the Wii was Monster Hunter Tri, RPG with online features was incredible fun to play with friends. If only they'd take it to the next level and create the game for NextGen platforms, it would be even more insane.

The WiiU console probably justifies it's price tag just, but let's be fair, it's not a console for serious gamers, especially when there's much better products available. 

I did have an absolute blast on Mario Kart online to be fair, I couldn't justify getting a Wii U just for the next one though, as great as it looks.

For those of you pre-ordering a ps4 or One, where are you going? Online or collection from a store? I went with Game for my 360 and had no problems.

I did have an absolute blast on Mario Kart online to be fair, I couldn't justify getting a Wii U just for the next one though, as great as it looks.

For those of you pre-ordering a ps4 or One, where are you going? Online or collection from a store? I went with Game for my 360 and had no problems.

I've pre-ordered mine from Amazon. Was very convenient for me being a student as my finances could suddenly take a turn for the worst and I don't pay a penny until a few days before release and I can cancel right up to that point too. This shouldn't be a problem, I've done it just in case. It also means I avoid potentially long ques. 

Amazon have never let me down and delivery has always been spot on. I have however pre-ordered a few games from GAME, being FIFA14, Diablo 3 and Destiny. 

Think I'll wait until closer the time to buy one when they offer some package deals. May leave it until Christmas as well when there's more offers. PS4 comes out in November so I'm sure I can wait an extra month. Will have all of Christmas off as well to play the new games. :D

Also I saw a concept by someone on Reddit, of all of the exclusives and must haves from PS3 released in a bundle. Not official but would love it to happen, so I could play all the games I missed and get them for a super cheap price!

Don't even bother arguing with Phube, he's just trolling you.

He knows enough about Nintendo to know they don't consider themselves competition in the typical gaming market anymore.

Eh, I was trying to be helpful...  :|

Archived