Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DennisNedry

PS4 v Xbox One

Which will you be buying?  

349 members have voted

1. 1. PS4 or Xbox One?

Perhaps you would care to enlighten us?

'Cos as things stand, the picture containing Don Mattrick's mush doesn't fill me with much confidence tbh.

Lets just see how sales go first yeah?

For the record, I'll be getting both at some point.

Purely for their individual exclusives if nothing else.

Xbox One has better controller, halo,fable, gears of war. 

PS4 has a shitty little wand and My Little Planet.

I know what I would like  :thumbup:

Eh?

Neither Fable nor Gears have been confirmed on Xbox One.

Perhaps you are confusing Xbox One with the alternative "offline device"?

Just because the Xbox One is superior in everyway I'm a troll? You have to look at the full picture.

Youre actively trying to provoke some sort of polarised responce whilst posting pointless rubbish

I look through my perspective and act accordingly

Obvious fanboy is obvious :ph34r:

Mate, Ive been on Xbox for 10+ years and loved it

But game series(Gears, Halo) have become stagnent and underwhelming, while the price has gone up and up and DLC is everywhere

Xbox One has better controller, halo,fable, gears of war. 

PS4 has a shitty little wand and My Little Planet.

I know what I would like  :thumbup:

Thought that 'little wand' would feel big to you eh? Pissyfingers :thumbup:

Eh?

Neither Fable nor Gears have been confirmed on Xbox One.

Perhaps you are confusing Xbox One with the alternative "offline device"?

In all seriousness Xbox One looks pretty poor, I heard they were running the demo's on a system that is three times faster than the Xbox One is. If we get another Fable I might consider getting one on the side when the price goes down a considerable lot.

Thought that 'little wand' would feel big to you eh? Pissyfingers :thumbup:

I admit I don't have the elegance to posses such a fine piece of design. That's why Kinect is best in the world.

Wait, are you playing along with me or are you serious? lol

lol

I will more than likely grab a ps4 at some point. Like I did the ps3. God of war 3 was/an incredible game. Don't hate the playa.....

Primarily though, XboxOne everytime. It's what I know, and what my social group know.

Listen, Xbox360 sold over 75m consoles.....more(granted only a little bit) than the ps3 sold. This was when Sony gave free online access.

If people think the XboxOne will bomb then they are deluded.

Only time will tell.....

lol

I will more than likely grab a ps4 at some point. Like I did the ps3. God of war 3 was/an incredible game. Don't hate the playa.....

Primarily though, XboxOne everytime. It's what I know, and what my social group know.

Listen, Xbox360 sold over 75m consoles.....more(granted only a little bit) than the ps3 sold. This was when Sony gave free online access.

If people think the XboxOne will bomb then they are deluded.

Only time will tell.....

I've always been an xbox guy tbh. I don't think it will bomb, but I think PS4 will do better in the first week/month or so. Strictly due to price, which is why I will probably get a PS4. This always online feature is what really turned me to buy a PS4 for two reasons One) BT is my broadband provider. Two) Remember when the PSN servers got hacked and they didn't have PSN for 2/3 months? If something remotely similar happened to the xbox one, you wouldn't even be able to play offline. I would like to try both out though, but for now PS4 is what I'll go for. Xbox One needs to impress me a lot for me to change that.

Mate, Ive been on Xbox for 10+ years and loved it

But game series(Gears, Halo) have become stagnent and underwhelming, while the price has gone up and up and DLC is everywhere

I know one company that actually completes its games, before release...

I've always been an xbox guy tbh. I don't think it will bomb, but I think PS4 will do better in the first week/month or so. Strictly due to price, which is why I will probably get a PS4. This always online feature is what really turned me to buy a PS4 for two reasons One) BT is my broadband provider. Two) Remember when the PSN servers got hacked and they didn't have PSN for 2/3 months? If something remotely similar happened to the xbox one, you wouldn't even be able to play offline. I would like to try both out though, but for now PS4 is what I'll go for. Xbox One needs to impress me a lot for me to change that.

Firstly, it isn't 'always online', it just has to register a connection once in 24 hours. Second, Live is not PSN. In the 8 years I've been using Xbox Live nothing like what happened to the PSN network has happened to Xbox. Why? Because Live is a massive, powerful service. Did you know that Xbox One will have more servers behind it than the entire computing power of the world in 1999?

Yes Xbox is a rip off, yes Microsoft are cnuts, yes X1 is overpriced, but at the end of the day it's still the superior format to Playstation thanks to the money behind it, just like it has been since the 360 launched in 2005.

And that's why I'll be buying one in November. :)

Firstly, it isn't 'always online', it just has to register a connection once in 24 hours. Second, Live is not PSN. In the 8 years I've been using Xbox Live nothing like what happened to the PSN network has happened to Xbox. Why? Because Live is a massive, powerful service. Did you know that Xbox One will have more servers behind it than the entire computing power of the world in 1999?

Yes Xbox is a rip off, yes Microsoft are cnuts, yes X1 is overpriced, but at the end of the day it's still the superior format to Playstation thanks to the money behind it, just like it has been since the 360 launched in 2005.

The PSN hack was pretty major, but you can bet Sony will have been over-cautious with security ever since. That aside, how do you think the xbone will be in any way superior to the ps4?

Less powerful, more expensive, fees for used/rented/borrowed games, actually spies on you(!) and far less support for indie games.

I think it's probably going to fail, which is a shame, because competition's always a good thing. Microsoft could be the Glasgow Rangers of console manufacturers.

How can the xbox one be a superior platform? You just have to look at the specs to see how bad it is and the same goes for the current consoles, the ps3 is superior to the 360 and I've had 4 ps3's and 5 xbox 360's so I aint a fanboy before people starr with that crap

Two things. Having to register a connection every 24 hours, even if you don't have to be online to actually play, doesn't really help if your Internet is down for any period of time. And your Internet being down doesn't just have to be down to your provider, there could be other reasons, such as problems at the BT phone exchange cutting your line off for days. Secondly, you talk like the PSN issue was a regular thing and Xbox live would be impenetrable. It's happened once in those 8 years you referred to, to the PSN. It was annoying at the time, but shit happens sometimes and it got sorted. Can't see it occurring again to either company to be honest, but if Microsoft are going to be taking your "Oh it won't happen to us" attitude, surely they are the most likely of the two to get stung.

How can the xbox one be a superior platform? You just have to look at the specs to see how bad it is and the same goes for the current consoles, the ps3 is superior to the 360 and I've had 4 ps3's and 5 xbox 360's so I aint a fanboy before people starr with that crap

Why wold anyone want 9 consoles?

This is complete BS, money does not make a console successful, never has done, never will. I'm pretty sure Nintendo were rolling in money when they made the Virtual Boy, and look how that ended up!

And the PS3 outsold the 360 worldwide, how does that make Microsoft 'superior'? You can't base the success of the whole last gen on some hacker finding a way to get peoples e-mail address'. That issue shouldn't have any bearing whatsoever on your choice for the next gen. It's not like anybody was effected that much by the PSN outage other than not being able to go online for a few weeks, there wasn't a single report of anybody's bank accounts being compromised as a consequence.

The fact that it took somebody 6 years to play a copied game on the PS3, and it took somebody about a week to do the same thing on the 360 also throws up questions about Microsoft's security.

This is complete BS, money does not make a console successful, never has done, never will. I'm pretty sure Nintendo were rolling in money when they made the Virtual Boy, and look how that ended up!

And the PS3 outsold the 360 worldwide, how does that make Microsoft 'superior'? You can't base the success of the whole last gen on some hacker finding a way to get peoples e-mail address'. That issue shouldn't have any bearing whatsoever on your choice for the next gen. It's not like anybody was effected that much by the PSN outage other than not being able to go online for a few weeks, there wasn't a single report of anybody's bank accounts being compromised as a consequence.

Exactly. Sega were doing very well until the Saturn. The Dreamcast was their last console, but I reckon it was the Saturn that finished them off. Big companies do come out with sub-par products every now and then.

As for judging the consoles by how rich their manufacturers are, well, would you rather have a Micra or a TVR?

Honestly, I think you have to be a deluded fanboy to consider buying an xbone over a ps4 based on what we know so far. Objectively speaking, there is a hands-down winner as things stand.

I only have a 360 at the mo, but there's no way I'm even thinking about buying the next xbox.

See shoddy MS & Sony build quality... Had my Wii from day one (2006), until I sold it in Feb this year. Not one problem!

I have Master Systems the same age as me that have no problems - like the Wii, there's nothing inside the box to go wrong or overheat! Doesn't mean it's great build quality, just that PS3's/360s are a lot more complicated and powerful than the Wii and systems before it.

I should point out that I've had 1 Xbox 360 failure (video card cooked itself, no RROD) but my 2nd has been problem-free for over 4 years. Considering their terrible reputation, that's not so bad. I did however have 3 PS2's that decided to stop reading discs.

But stop coming up with terrible arguments to why Nintendo is "better" than Sony/Microsoft

Here are a few comparable arguments:

- a banana is tastier than a PS4, it's also cheaper and better for you. Therefore, buy a banana.

- an Xbox may be powerful, but it's not as powerful as a train.

- PS4 may look good, but it doesn't look as good a painting. Buy a painting - there are many to choose from.

We can compare the X1 and PS4 as they have similar specifications and will share much of the same games catalogue. The Wii and Wii U have been so far behind the competition in terms of specification and core-gaming that they can't be treated in the same way. The Gamecube was Nintendo's last "proper" system - since they took the fun-for-all-the-family approach they've gone majorly downhill.

lol.

What a load of absolute shit. Go over what you written again, I'm not going to bother explaining to you how stupid you sound. 

Definitely PS4. Another switch of console company for me. After being a loyal Nintendo fan since the SNES, then switching to 360 because of how disappointing the Wii was, now I'm changing to PS4 because the XBOne is just not worth it.

Looks like I'll be definitely getting one on release as well because my 360 has just red ringed after just about 4 1/2 years of service. Ridiculous really, since I was playing on my N64 the other day and it still works absolutely fine. I hope the new generation of consoles won't have the same hardware failures as the 360, PS3 and Wii had. 

Archived