Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DennisNedry

PS4 v Xbox One

Which will you be buying?  

349 members have voted

1. 1. PS4 or Xbox One?

£350 is pretty cheap though, you can't even get the latest iPad, iPhone or Samsung Galaxy for that price so for what you get I think its pretty cheap... £420 is not cheap but its still not massively expensive.

you wouldn't even be able to get a PC that will match up with the graphics and ease of use for that price... well maybe you could push it but it won't last 8+ years.

Agreed but this is comparing it to other forms of electronic media with many other functions (one of which being portability) not past consoles. As I've said comparing it to past consoles and ignoring The One only the Saturn and PS3 were more on release so I don't see how it can be regarded as a cheap games console. It's average at best.

Really gutted Sony will win out.

Their controllers are wank.

I've never understood why this is such a big deal? I've had both PS3 and 360 since launch, and while the 360 controller is marginally better, there really isn't anything that bad about the ps3 controller. I've played COD, FIFA and plenty of other games with both controllers and, for me, there's no noticeable difference in performance at all.

Not sure if this as been mentioned or not but with PS4 being region free i was thinking of buying it from the US for $ 399 ( 250 pound) .

Not sure how this works tho ? Is it as simple as i pay using debit card in $'s and it converts it for me or is better using paypal ?

Have looked on amazon and it free shipping to selected country's ( Not checked if the UK is included ) What other sites would people recommend ?

Also if i did buy from the US would i still have the some consumer rights as in the uk ?

I personally wouldnt run the risk, just for the fact of it maybe breaking down or something, toy wouldnt be able to get it fixed by Sony due to the facts its a US version. 

I voted for the PS4, think MS gave been very arrogant about the Xbox One tbf. I think this video shows a little bit of it.

I personally wouldnt run the risk, just for the fact of it maybe breaking down or something, toy wouldnt be able to get it fixed by Sony due to the facts its a US version. 

I voted for the PS4, think MS gave been very arrogant about the Xbox One tbf. I think this video shows a little bit of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiUzaqOU06M

This.

A lot of people have been suggesting that they might back track on the used games, price, always on things, I can't see it. They seem to be taking a cynical "don't like it, tough shit" approach to the consumer,   as if their console is the only one on the market.

I honestly believe they do not care what is written on the internet pre release and believe once it hits the shelves the console will sell and become popular. I can see where they are coming from every year COD and to a lesser extent games like FIFA take a bashing on the interent for being boring and the same and go on to the two best selling games of the year.....but they've got it all wrong lol. Wont work like that for a console.

I switched to PC gaming from an Xbox 360 over a year ago and have a pretty powerful system (runs BF3 on Ultra at 60 FPS).

I still want a new console though, mainly to play Fifa with my friends. Based on what I have seen and read so far, there is no way I will be buying an Xbox One. PS4 will be the console of choice.

I will still keep the gaming PC too of course.

I can honestly see MS backtracking on the console as a whole if it flops, which it is looking like a very likely possibility.

Both Blockbuster & Asda have had record breaking pre order figures for the XboxOne already.

They'll sell millions of consoles, regardless. Abit like Activision and their 'Same old same old' C.O.D series do every year.

Both Blockbuster & Asda have had record breaking pre order figures for the XboxOne already.

They'll sell millions of consoles, regardless. Abit like Activision and their 'Same old same old' C.O.D series do every year.

Ah didn't know that, I know what you mean through.

Anyways, I'm pre ordering the PS4 next week, been saving for a while and nothing of interest has made me spend some, until now, now, do I get one with the Eye?

There is a video clip of that numpty from Microsoft saying if you don't have a broadband connection, then use an Xbox 360. I thought it might be hearsay through a paper but no, he actually stands there in front of his Xbox advertising and says these words.

What a complete numpty.

Don't insult people's intelligence. You are addressing people who have played video games for years, not 10 year old fanboys.

Is it just me that is worried for the future of gaming few months ago i was excited about a new generation as i felt as if last wasn't much of an upgrade also like we skipped one E3 and the stories coming out about this and that(i know i should be more specfic but i cant be bothered togo trawling through my history) are putting a downer on the whole thing for me :S

Where is the best place to pre order the PS4 to get it on the day of release?

If you pre order at an outlet(Game, blockbuster, asda etc...) then you'll get it on release day anyway, you'll just have to wait in line with the rest of 'em.

Order online and you may still get it on release day.

Personally, ill more than likely pre order online, you won't catch me at asda at midnight.....unless it's for booze!

Just walk into Curry's on day one. They will have one waiting for you.

This is a good point. Generally Currys/PC World don't do midnight releases, when big game releases have happened before I've often gone to one of these the morning after and they've had a full stock in.

They tend to be a tad more expensive than the others though.

This is a good point. Generally Currys/PC World don't do midnight releases, when big game releases have happened before I've often gone to one of these the morning after and they've had a full stock in.

They tend to be a tad more expensive than the others though.

Indeed.

The PS3 with Motorstorm and Resistance set me back a shade over £500 on day one. But like you say, they will have a load in. No question.

Archived