Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DennisNedry

PS4 v Xbox One

Which will you be buying?  

349 members have voted

1. 1. PS4 or Xbox One?

I've come to the conclusion that everything MS are doing is future proofing. Everything is going digital, all my music and PC games are now digital-only, so why not my Xbox games too? For this to happen you have to protect publishers with DRM. You don't need the disk once it's installed on your Xbox so you have to lock to the console.

My only gripe is that it is too damn expensive. Oh and forcing me to have Kinect.

Has anyone posted the Titanfall footage yet? Looks so good. Think it's for PC too if you're not buying the X1, and I bet it'll be ported to the PS4 eventually too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5sqPxbLmIU

I've come to the conclusion that everything MS are doing is future proofing. Everything is going digital, all my music and PC games are now digital-only, so why not my Xbox games too? For this to happen you have to protect publishers with DRM. You don't need the disk once it's installed on your Xbox so you have to lock to the console.

My only gripe is that it is too damn expensive. Oh and forcing me to have Kinect.

The Xbox might be the console of the future but that future (as far as game consoles are concerned) is still way off. The used game market is still very strong and Sony recognize this.

The whole console launch has been a PR disaster for Microsoft. The restrictions they have placed on the new Xbox has alienated a huge amount of people. For example, unless you live in one of the 21 countries that has been selected for the Xbox launch, you simply can't play on it. Because the PS4 has no region-locking or online requirements, it will work anywhere in the world at any time.

The Xbox might be the console of the future but that future (as far as game consoles are concerned) is still way off. The used game market is still very strong and Sony recognize this.

The whole console launch has been a PR disaster for Microsoft. The restrictions they have placed on the new Xbox has alienated a huge amount of people. For example, unless you live in one of the 21 countries that has been selected for the Xbox launch, you simply can't play on it. Because the PS4 has no region-locking or online requirements, it will work anywhere in the world at any time.

I'm not denying that it's been a PR disaster. But they will be fine.

It looks like the family game share feature dosnt actually let you play the whole game, and it dosnt work for multiplayer either, so this is another pointless feature thats been made up to be more than it is.

I honestly don't understand why people are getting so hyped about this feature. The PS3 has had game sharing for the past 6-7 years on digitally downloaded stuff. It's not like this is 'New technology' or 'Future proofing', they are just copying an idea Sony had on their console from the previous gen.

Gonna be getting a PS4, but not til a long while after launch. Was planning on getting a PS3 over Summer anyway lol

Saw something online (can't remember where) that at E3, Sony were running all their demos on PS4s. Microsoft on the other hand were using top-of-the-range HP gaming PCs running Windows 7, instead of using their actual consoles (which aren't as high spec as the PCs they were using) lol

Gonna be getting a PS4, but not til a long while after launch. Was planning on getting a PS3 over Summer anyway lol

Saw something online (can't remember where) that at E3, Sony were running all their demos on PS4s. Microsoft on the other hand were using top-of-the-range HP gaming PCs running Windows 7, instead of using their actual consoles (which aren't as high spec as the PCs they were using) lol

They were fooking water cooled too! lol

Why do I still want an Xbox One?? I feel filthy.

My problem is, I dont like Playstation. I have a ps3, I dont like PSN, I dont like trophies, I dont like the controller, I dont like the elitist userbase, I dont like how unsupported CoD is on the format.

I dont want to have to wait another year for Titanfall after it comes out and I dont want to play it on PC. So what do I do? It's a trade off between having the Xbox Live service I want with the games I want, and not supporting money grabbing cnuts who are treating their loyal fanbase like cash cows.

If my friends all get a ps4 this time however is another story.

It looks like the family game share feature dosnt actually let you play the whole game, and it dosnt work for multiplayer either, so this is another pointless feature thats been made up to be more than it is.

I honestly don't understand why people are getting so hyped about this feature. The PS3 has had game sharing for the past 6-7 years on digitally downloaded stuff. It's not like this is 'New technology' or 'Future proofing', they are just copying an idea Sony had on their console from the previous gen.

Source?

Source?

The thing about it not letting you play full games is a rumour atm, the thing about you not being able to use multiplayer elements when using family share has been confirmed by multiple sources though. It only works with the single player parts of the games. Im on my phone atm but ill update with sources when I get home in a bit.

The thing about it not letting you play full games is a rumour atm, the thing about you not being able to use multiplayer elements when using family share has been confirmed by multiple sources though. It only works with the single player parts of the games. Im on my phone atm but ill update with sources when I get home in a bit.

I would imagine the not letting you play the full game 'rumour' is bull.

The bit about not being able to play multiplayer, it's only the same as borrowing a game that needs an online pass that's already been used.

I haven't really commented on the XBOX One v PS4 situation however after having XBOX360 I think I will be finally moving away from XBOX too Playstation when he PS4 comes out however I HATE PlayStation controllers!!!

Don't understand the hate for the playstation controller surely you must have played on a ps1 or 2 the only time it's been bad is at the start when sony went sixaxis and it felt like paper. Alot of people who have got there hands on a ps4 controller said it feels alot better so you might like it I am really curious to how the new xbox controller feels tho the motors in the triggers are a really cool idea.

PS4 all the way! There is no contest at all between the 2.

I would bet that Microsoft delay the release of the new Xbox so they can fix it or they will bring out another console within 2 years.

I will take any odds that you offer that they won't.

Don't understand the hate for the playstation controller surely you must have played on a ps1 or 2 the only time it's been bad is at the start when sony went sixaxis and it felt like paper. Alot of people who have got there hands on a ps4 controller said it feels alot better so you might like it I am really curious to how the new xbox controller feels tho the motors in the triggers are a really cool idea.

Analogue triggers in completely the wrong place...

Archived