Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DennisNedry

PS4 v Xbox One

Which will you be buying?  

349 members have voted

1. 1. PS4 or Xbox One?

lol Sony have blown nothing away if it had any decent competition their console would be shown up for what it is, rather bland.

Fortunatley for them, Microsoft are committing, unreserved, remorsefulness, corporate suicide. They've blown themselves away.   

Didn't actually think you was a fan boy till this comment you sound really bitter mate don't know what you expect from the launch of a console especially a sony one there known for being slow starters and good finishers.

Seriously, zero votes for Xbox One? Hahahahahaha.

Microsoft have shot themselves in the foot so many times during this launch! With the price, I get the feeling that the extra £80 is for Kinect, which many, many people do not want. Sony are selling the Eye separately for those who actually want it - I bet the price for a PS4 with Eye is about the same as the cost of an Xbox One. Give your customers a choice Microsoft, you greedy, greedy bastards!

Had a ps1 and a ps2 but then went to xbox... I rarely touch it any more, but if I had to choose it would definitely the the PS4 now. Whoever was in charge of xbox one needs shooting (virtually of course).

Didn't actually think you was a fan boy till this comment you sound really bitter mate don't know what you expect from the launch of a console especially a sony one there known for being slow starters and good finishers.

I think disapointed in the pair of them would some up my tone rather than bitter, but you can think what you want. There is nothing special about the PS4 on display so far, you even seem to even acknowledge that yourself by asking me what I expected (which is more) I'd like a decent console from launch not one I have to wait for til half way through the life span before it's good. May as well stick with what I've got for a few years or go and buy a decent PC for marginally more.

The One is a bad joke and I wont by buying it, if you think that is something a "fanboy" as you put it says I don't think you quite understand what one is.

Had a PS1, PS2, PS3, then when that broke down, I bought an XBox 360 just cos it was cheaper. There really isn't much difference between the PS3 and the 360.

If I get a next gen console, it will definitely be the PS4. I just can't believe how badly Microsoft have fvcked up. It's almost funny, really. They have made so many godawful decisions that it's like they want this console to fail. Maybe one day they'll laugh at anyone that bought it. "Haha! Suckas! That was clearly an experiment to find out just how soon a fool and his money are parted. Would you like to buy the contents of this hospital bin, as well?"

Fees for used/borrowed/rented games, a lot of investment in US-only content, a lot of investment in pointless gimmicks (such as voice controls/waving your hands around, when pressing a button is so much easier), forcing the customer to buy Kinect when most don't want it, turning their back on indie developers, always online, less powerful and more expensive than its rival... It's a joke.

It seems like Sony really want to make a console for gamers, whereas MS have tried to target people who want a fancy remote for the telly, that also happens to play games. This target audience is imaginary. There aren't really very many people who want to talk to the telly, and use Skype, watch films and browse the internet all at the same time. It's a games console! Forget all the extras! Just make it as good a machine for gaming that it can be. It's so simple. It's like Sony cares about what the customer wants, and MS have just made up their own minds without asking anyone, and only care about cashing in even more. They got too greedy.

I think this battle's already won. I think this might be one of the biggest landslides in console wars history. I just can't see how MS can recover from such a shitty launch.

I think disapointed in the pair of them would some up my tone rather than bitter, but you can think what you want. There is nothing special about the PS4 on display so far, you even seem to even acknowledge that yourself by asking me what I expected (which is more) I'd like a decent console from launch not one I have to wait for til half way through the life span before it's good. May as well stick with what I've got for a few years or go and buy a decent PC for marginally more.

The One is a bad joke and I wont by buying it, if you think that is something a "fanboy" as you put it says I don't think you quite understand what one is.

Well then i would have to say look back at other console launches i personally think sony checked all the boxes what you've got to remember sony are actually still trying to support the ps3 as they did with the ps2 when the ps3 came. They also have the psvita unlike microsoft so thats three different platforms am just saying you obviously didn't approach it with the proper yard stick. As for the fanboy comment well even a fanboy would have to say the one sucks i would say i'm a sony fanboy in the sense i want them to beat microsoft and have always prefered there products but will concede when i know deep down microsoft have done something better than sony. Maybe it was abit harsh but even with the price point alone sony blew microsoft away.

Well then i would have to say look back at other console launches i personally think sony checked all the boxes what you've got to remember sony are actually still trying to support the ps3 as they did with the ps2 when the ps3 came. They also have the psvita unlike microsoft so thats three different platforms am just saying you obviously didn't approach it with the proper yard stick. As for the fanboy comment well even a fanboy would have to say the one sucks i would say i'm a sony fanboy in the sense i want them to beat microsoft and have always prefered there products but will concede when i know deep down microsoft have done something better than sony. Maybe it was abit harsh but even with the price point alone sony blew microsoft away.

It's not really them blowing anyone away though is it......£350 is just a pretty standard price for a console, if anything it's a little expensive.

£429 is ludicrous.

So again, their downfall as little to do with Sony, it's their own doing.

It's not really them blowing anyone away though is it......£350 is just a pretty standard price for a console, if anything it's a little expensive.

£429 is ludicrous.

So again, their downfall as little to do with Sony, it's their own doing.

PS1 launched for 300$ nearly 20 years ago so make of that what you will. Sony had a choice wether to give into DRM they didn't and because of that there going to take a landslide victory so it's abit of both really either way sony did blow microsoft away wether it was microsofts own fault or not.

$300.....£350......you see the difference there right? Inflation hasn't been quite that high lol the most expensive launch Xbox 360 was £300....£350 it isn't staggeringly expensive don't get me wrong but it should definitley not be looked at as cheap or clever under cutting.

Although if you want to look at an average upper end price and not forcing stupid conditions like always on and not allowing used games on gamers like a stroke of genius from your faviourate games company then knock yourself out. If all we've got to look forward to every future gen is going with the company who is going to rip us off the least then sad times.

$300.....£350......you see the difference there right? Inflation hasn't been quite that high lol the most expensive launch Xbox 360 was £300....£350 it isn't staggeringly expensive don't get me wrong but it should definitley not be looked at as cheap or clever under cutting.

Inflation has been that, especially considering the US pays less for games and consoles (versus typical GBP - USD exchange rates). Cast your mind back to 1995 and think how much your weekly shop or tank of petrol cost.

Release prices RRP:

Sega Saturn (1995): £399

Playstation (1995): £299

N64 (1996): £249

Dreamcast (1999): £199

Playstation 2 (2000): £299

Xbox (2002): £299

Xbox 360 (2005): £279

PS3 (2006): £425

Wii (2006): £179

Wii U (2012): £299 (32GB)

PS4 (2013): £349

XBox One (2013): £429

Taking into account inflation and the technical specifications, £349 is a pretty low launch price for the PS4. The Wii U was only £50 less at launch, using specifications far, far lower. The XBox One isn't actually that bad a price considering it includes the Kinect 2 - it's just that the Kinect 2 is an accessory nobody asked for, and probably accounts for roughly £100 of the total cost of the console.

Also the Xbox 360 wasn't anywhere near the most expensive launch.

Launch_prices.png

Inflation has been that, especially considering the US pays less for games and consoles (versus typical GBP - USD exchange rates). Cast your mind back to 1995 and think how much your weekly shop or tank of petrol cost.

Release prices RRP:

Taking into account inflation and the technical specifications, £349 is a pretty low launch price for the PS4. The Wii U was only £50 less at launch, using specifications far, far lower. The XBox One isn't actually that bad a price considering it includes the Kinect 2 - it's just that the Kinect 2 is an accessory nobody asked for, and probably accounts for roughly £100 of the total cost of the console.

Launch_prices.png

Thank you for that :) also i'd like to add 350 for the hardware alone in that PS4 is CHEAP I know there are better PC rigs out there but you try to build a PC for 350£ and you wont be getting the same performance.

Release prices RRP:

Launch_prices.png

No it's not lol, even taking inflation into account (which is bollocks if you ask me gaming has become less nieche more than making up for inflation in my eyes which is why games prices have been frozen for nearly 20 years at £30-£40, but anyway) the basic $399 PS4 it's the most expensive mainstream console ever bar the failed Saturn and the PS3 according to this very graph!  lol. How can anyone call it cheap? The mind boggles.

Define 'a lot.'

I know it's possible to have a preference for one machine over another but neither were tonnes better than either this time round. I've owned a PS3 for 30 months and never found issue with it where as my friends and I have all experienced issues with 360s. I always thought Sony's output was more impressive in terms of longevity (and their controls are so much sleeker to hold), but Xbox seemed to have better exclusive games - the Gears of War series is stunning from start to finish.

Your comment strikes as someone who's always had an Xbox - ergo it must be the best.

You can call me sad but I do own every console, PS3 is downstairs but the 360 is in the room. I just tend to like the 360 a lot better. I like the PS3 for blue ray and you don't have to pay for online. But I feel online is better on the 360. Party chat is a massive bonus. Plus the 360 controller I feal is just more comfortable to hold.

Not sure if this as been mentioned or not but with PS4 being region free i was thinking of buying it from the US for $ 399 ( 250 pound) .

Not sure how this works tho ? Is it as simple as i pay using debit card in $'s and it converts it for me or is better using paypal ?

Have looked on amazon and it free shipping to selected country's ( Not checked if the UK is included ) What other sites would people recommend ?

Also if i did buy from the US would i still have the some consumer rights as in the uk ?

Although if you want to look at an average upper end price and not forcing stupid conditions like always on and not allowing used games on gamers like a stroke of genius from your faviourate games company then knock yourself out. If all we've got to look forward to every future gen is going with the company who is going to rip us off the least then sad times.

£350 is pretty cheap though, you can't even get the latest iPad, iPhone or Samsung Galaxy for that price so for what you get I think its pretty cheap... £420 is not cheap but its still not massively expensive.

you wouldn't even be able to get a PC that will match up with the graphics and ease of use for that price... well maybe you could push it but it won't last 8+ years.

Neither for the foreseeable future, as I've got my eyes set firmly on a computer build.

However, given the choice it would have to be PS4, looks to have dominated this generation already seeing how Microsoft have really shot themselves in the foot with this one. Had it not been for Total War: Rome 2 (which looks absolutely amazing), I definitely would have cashed in for a console, seeing some of the exclusives.

Hopefully my 4 year old PS3 can cope with GTA V and Watch Dogs, but I feel I'm really missing out on Tom Clancy's The Division.

Not sure if this as been mentioned or not but with PS4 being region free i was thinking of buying it from the US for $ 399 ( 250 pound) .

Not sure how this works tho ? Is it as simple as i pay using debit card in $'s and it converts it for me or is better using paypal ?

Have looked on amazon and it free shipping to selected country's ( Not checked if the UK is included ) What other sites would people recommend ?

Also if i did buy from the US would i still have the some consumer rights as in the uk ?

Just looked into this now i had time and read up on imort tax and vat and although it would still be cheaper the tax laws and effort i would have to go though does not seem worth now . 

Won't get a PS4 till next year and then i will probably  uy it on buy now pay nothing for twelve months and spread the cost .

Had PS1, PS2 then 360. If that breaks and I feel the need for something new I'll get a PS4 because it's cheaper. For what I use it for (bit of Fifa online, few different games now and then and Fifa with mates if they come round) there is literally no real difference. Not paying about a hundred quid more for one over the other. The only reason I got a 360 instead of a PS3 was cos it was cheaper. I'll just stick with this for now though, it's sound enough, as long as they keep making Fifas on it. 

Archived