Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DennisNedry

PS4 v Xbox One

Which will you be buying?  

349 members have voted

1. 1. PS4 or Xbox One?

Getting a ps4 tomorrow

FIFA 16 obvs and Mrs is getting me tony Hawks pro skater 5 for Xmas but where else do I start for games? Black ops 3 worth getting? Anything else?

Loads of good games that you can pick up a bit cheaper now.

Far Cry 4

Batman

God of War 3 Remastered

The Last of Us (a must buy, i got it for £18 off Ebay)

The Witcher (Brilliant game)

GTA 5

Fallout 4 is a must buy aswel. Im loving it. I think next month Just Cause 3 is released. Just Cause 2 was mental so i reckon 3 will be just as mental if not more.

I agree with everyone about THPS. The old games were awesome but this has had really bad reviews. Will go down in price very quickly though.

The Skate series of games were always far superior to Tony Hawks games anyway, they should release a new 1 of those in the near future.

Don't think you can really compare them. Skate games are more of a sim, the classic Tony Hawk games were arcade-style classics

I'll disagree anyway. I enjoyed the complexity and exploration of the Skate games but as a videogame, the original Tony Hawk games knocked them out of the park - far more enjoyable to play, and better soundtracks. The PS1 era TH games were sort of like Street Fighter 2 in terms of gameplay, mastering timing and combos.

Another thing that bothered me about Skate was the learning curve. It goes from casual, to difficult, to virtually impossible in such a short space of time that for me you have to put a lot of work in to get very little back

Did anyone have Thrasher back in the day? Fantastic game, well overlooked. Would love a sequel

The Skate series of games were always far superior to Tony Hawks games anyway, they should release a new 1 of those in the near future.

Skate was fantastic, well 1 and 2 were, 2 especially was nearly the perfect skateboarding game to me, 3 just didn't feel the same, I thought it was very poor. Maybe that's what killed the franchise. A shame though, as given how abysmal THPS5 apparently is, a really good skateboarding game would surely do well on the new consoles.

Also I'd love a new Fight Night game, they were such good fun to play against a mate, Tyson v Ali I must of played (and still do on the 360 from time to time) hundreds of times, it seems EA are just focusing on the UFC games now though, and having played the demo of the first one on the new consoles it was so, so complicated and while maybe after a lot of practice it would be enjoyable, I just don't enjoy MMA enough to put the time in to get good at it.

Skate was fantastic, well 1 and 2 were, 2 especially was nearly the perfect skateboarding game to me, 3 just didn't feel the same, I thought it was very poor. Maybe that's what killed the franchise. A shame though, as given how abysmal THPS5 apparently is, a really good skateboarding game would surely do well on the new consoles.

Also I'd love a new Fight Night game, they were such good fun to play against a mate, Tyson v Ali I must of played (and still do on the 360 from time to time) hundreds of times, it seems EA are just focusing on the UFC games now though, and having played the demo of the first one on the new consoles it was so, so complicated and while maybe after a lot of practice it would be enjoyable, I just don't enjoy MMA enough to put the time in to get good at it.

I had the same problem. Loved fight night i thought the control system worked really well with the joysticks. Gave the UFC demo a try and found it way too complicated to get to grips with the controls. Fight Night graphics were amazing ould love to see a next gen version

Helps quoting someone but no you haven't bought a PS4 to play PS3 games because you won't be able to :P

There's a lot of good games that me and others will be able to play again instead of switching consoles.

Mainly COD 4 and Waw

I thought the only COD game was the original black ops so far.

Also has it been confirmed that you would be able to play backwards compatible games online? Also would they bother sorting the servers out as people won't be spending money on the game as it's a free download if you previously owned it isn't it?

Oh my god. The free game on Xbox One Gold at the moment is called Knight Squad, it is actually like something a kid made on Klik and Play 20 years ago (and not a smart kid). I refuse to believe anyone has ever paid money for this shit. It's this kind of thing that makes we wish I'd have gone for the PS4 instead

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my god. The free game on Xbox One Gold at the moment is called Knight Squad, it is actually like something a kid made on Klik and Play 20 years ago (and not a smart kid). I refuse to believe anyone has ever paid money for this shit. It's this kind of thing that makes we wish I'd have gone for the PS4 instead

We haven't exactly had the best free games.. One for December, a holiday treat, is one part of a 20 year old re-make. There's 5 parts. JUST ONE PART.

Which game's that? Or rather which part of which game?!

The one part of a game is King's Quest, I thought that was a re-make but it is the other PS+ game "Gauntlet". Pretty crap considering this is the time to get people to sign up for PS+ by offering something good. Sony are all "lol well we're top of the consoles sold and got your money so we don't really care what you all think"

Ahhh. Having said that, I've just looked up and this month on Xbox we've got Thief and Operation Flashpoint DR, both of which I wanted but never got round to buying so am actually looking forward to these! 

Think I over-criticised Knight Squad - it looks like a terrible 90's home-made game but there's a decent amount of challenge to it and I imagine if you had a couple of mates over it might be a laugh. Still not happy that this is the level of "free game" we've been having lately, bearing in mind if it were an iPhone game it'd be 69p maximum

Both the PS4 games look rubbish this month, giving just one episode of something which consists of more shouldn't be encouraged, either give away a game or don't. I'll never complain about the service as a whole though, it's given me Binding Of Isaac and Rocket League, 2 games that sit comfortably in my top 20 games of all time and games I'd likely never of bothered with (especially Isaac) without it being given to me. I don't get the desire for AAA games that are over a year old either, if you liked it you'd of got it by now, if you didn't then why are you bothered? Like the month Xbox got Black Flag and Playstation got (can't remember now but no AAA games), I could pick Black Flag up for a fiver if I really wanted it. Like I've never played Killzone (not at great length) or Knack, which is meant to be an average platformer, but I don't get the clamoring for them on Plus, if you want them go and get them for a few quid, I want Indie games on Plus and I want games I've never heard of, new experiences etc. Like this Gauntlet, what is it? I've never heard of it, I'll load it up later and likely never play it again, but I might be hooked on it for a year.

Both the PS4 games look rubbish this month, giving just one episode of something which consists of more shouldn't be encouraged, either give away a game or don't. I'll never complain about the service as a whole though, it's given me Binding Of Isaac and Rocket League, 2 games that sit comfortably in my top 20 games of all time and games I'd likely never of bothered with (especially Isaac) without it being given to me. I don't get the desire for AAA games that are over a year old either, if you liked it you'd of got it by now, if you didn't then why are you bothered? Like the month Xbox got Black Flag and Playstation got (can't remember now but no AAA games), I could pick Black Flag up for a fiver if I really wanted it. Like I've never played Killzone (not at great length) or Knack, which is meant to be an average platformer, but I don't get the clamoring for them on Plus, if you want them go and get them for a few quid, I want Indie games on Plus and I want games I've never heard of, new experiences etc. Like this Gauntlet, what is it? I've never heard of it, I'll load it up later and likely never play it again, but I might be hooked on it for a year.

Where are these free games? I've never stumbled across them on my PS4

Well free with a caveat, I just always refer to them as such. You need to subscribe to Playstation Plus/Xbox Live. There's a playstation plus bit on the main screen, the yellow cross. But I still find it easier to actually download the games in the store, just scroll down the left to the playstation plus games bit and they're there to download. If you don't pay for PS+ I suggest you do, especially if you own either a Vita or a PS3, I get 6 games a month for £40 a year, you only need one to be great for it to pay for itself.

Infamous First Light was decent on PS+ at the start of the year.  There have been three or four other decent titles since then but on the whole the offerings this year have been average at best.  The biggest disappointment was Driveclub for me, expected so much and all I got was a bog standard arcade racer with fancy rain effects.  I don't understand the love for this game - Project Cars is far better.

Gaunlet is no fun unless you're playing with someone. Otherwise it is absolutely useless apparently.

So disappointed with this month's games. 1.2 games for the biggest month of the year for people buying new consoles. At this point I might pick up a cheap PS3 because they're getting some good shit.

I just don't get the people who always complain is all, some months are absolute rubbish, some are really good. This year on PS4 alone I've had Driveclub, Infamous, Transistor, Rocket League, Rogue Legacy, Oddworld Abes Oddysee, Olli Olli 2, The Swapper, Guacamelee!, MGS Ground Zeroes, Tomb Raider Osiris, Limbo, Broken Age, Super Meat Boy, Walking Dead Season 2.

That's probably 35% of the PS4 games this year, then you have all your PS3 and Vita games if you own them machines, anyone who thinks they aren't getting a good deal at £40 (less if you shop around) a year, well imo you're bonkers, greedy or both.

There were some other decent titles too, Valiant Hearts was excellent as was Never Alone. Limbo Id never played either and that was also very good.

By now though Sony should be offering better stuff more regularly alongside some of the decent indie titles. The Resi Evil remaster would have been a good shout.

Archived