Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DennisNedry

PS4 v Xbox One

Which will you be buying?  

349 members have voted

1. 1. PS4 or Xbox One?

This is the mentality I don't get, if you really want to play Resident Evil Remastered then why not buy it? it's not on Playstation or Sony as a company to give away high profile games all the time, imagine how much that would hurt their business.

I had a 360 so I always paid for my online and never got anything as a bonus for it, it wasn't until I got a PS4 I started getting games every month. If the games you wanted to be free aren't free buy them, if you like the free games they give you play them, if you don't like them don't play them. Reading comments sections on the PS blog that officially announces the roster is always hilarious, it's always 'God this is so rubbish that's it I've had enough I'm cancelling my subscription' and countless comments of that nature. So I am to suppose these people have no interest in playing any game they ever got on Plus, as it's a requirement to play them, or play online at all, as it's also a requirement. Just find all the bashing I hear very odd, especially as we're playing in an industry where pay to win is creeping in to more and more high profile games and games now cost twice as much as they should because if it's high profile, you better believe it's got a season pass, and you better believe that content that should of been on the disc will of been removed to make you buy the season pass. This year I've had 36 games for £40, yet that's somehow a bad thing, but paying £80+ for yet another yearly title that's basically just a re-skin from the year before is ok. It just baffles me.

LiB must be a paper boy or something, forever trying to save £2 on rrp of any game n willing to wait 6 months for a 15 price drop so not surprised to see complaints regarding free games. He won't want knack though he's played that, it's decent apparently.

It's a good service, should be thankful for anything you get. Alternately cancel your subscription or buy an xbox lol

I got Freedom Wars on my Vita this month, a game that is still pretty pricey and one I've been interested in since it came out but not enough to buy it as it's apparently much better in co-op but my friends with Vitas wouldn't of got it. Now we've all got it and are all loving it, a game that cost me about 50p if you consider 72 games a year for the 30 odd quid I paid for a year of Plus, Rocket League I must of put 70+ hours in to, another game that cost me 50p, Binding of Isaac I dread to think how much time I've sank in to it, definitely in to the 300+ hours region, a game that cost me 50p. How anyone can even dream of complaining about the service is really beyond me.

The ps blog comments really are toxic. It's literally "give us knack" every month, despite it having dreadful reviews.

I liked that time they let us vote on a game.

they should let us have a free rental or 2 on ps now

And let's be frank the Xbox has crapped all over the PS4 this Christmas, they have Halo, Tomb Raider and Forza 6, all top, top titles. As good as the Uncharted collection is it is just an updated version of a trilogy of games that have been on the market for donkeys years, getting map packs for CoD a few weeks earlier hardly cuts it, either. As a PS4 owner there's absolutely no doubt that I'm not as happy this Christmas as people with X1's will be with games like that to play, loads of great multi-plat titles out and yes if you've got 20/20 vision and are playing on a 60 inch television they might look slightly superior, but that's not exactly cutting it either. I got Tearaway unfolded because I adored Tearaway on the Vita, it just isn't quite as good as you don't feel like you're in the game and the gimmicks don't work as well with the dualshock as they did the Vita. It's still a really good and fun game but definitely better on Vita and not exactly a blockbuster by any stretch. Next year should be different with a lot of great exclusives due out for the PS4. Gravity Rush 2 is my most anticipated game of the year, but similar to Tearaway slightly concerned it won't quite be the same on the PS4 as it was the Vita, it was about the only 'big' game (along with Tearaway) that was clearly made to utilise the platform it was put on, and it could be similar to Tearaway in that some of the magic gets lost in translation. Really hope not thought because Gravity Rush was probably my favourite Vita game.

And let's be frank the Xbox has crapped all over the PS4 this Christmas, they have Halo, Tomb Raider and Forza 6, all top, top titles. As good as the Uncharted collection is it is just an updated version of a trilogy of games that have been on the market for donkeys years, getting map packs for CoD a few weeks earlier hardly cuts it, either. As a PS4 owner there's absolutely no doubt that I'm not as happy this Christmas as people with X1's will be with games like that to play, loads of great multi-plat titles out and yes if you've got 20/20 vision and are playing on a 60 inch television they might look slightly superior, but that's not exactly cutting it either. I got Tearaway unfolded because I adored Tearaway on the Vita, it just isn't quite as good as you don't feel like you're in the game and the gimmicks don't work as well with the dualshock as they did the Vita. It's still a really good and fun game but definitely better on Vita and not exactly a blockbuster by any stretch. Next year should be different with a lot of great exclusives due out for the PS4. Gravity Rush 2 is my most anticipated game of the year, but similar to Tearaway slightly concerned it won't quite be the same on the PS4 as it was the Vita, it was about the only 'big' game (along with Tearaway) that was clearly made to utilise the platform it was put on, and it could be similar to Tearaway in that some of the magic gets lost in translation. Really hope not thought because Gravity Rush was probably my favourite Vita game.

lol Their timed exclusive - Rise of the Tomb Raider - has had shocking sales figures.  Crystal Dynamics surely won't be too happy about it - a poor release window on a platform that is second rate when it comes to sales itself is a recipe for disaster.

Even Fallout 4 has sold better on PS4 - there's no chance Xbone making up the gap, damage already done imo.

It doesn't matter that there's a Christmas shortage of games on PS4 - MGSV, Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 will keep the average gamer busy way into next year.

Yeah but I'm talking about my opinion, I don't care how well a game does or doesn't sell on either platform I want to play Tomb Raider and I can't for a year, anyone who thinks the games line up this Christmas is better on PS4 than X1 is deluded, I couldn't really care less how well either platform does in terms of sales, why should anyone?

Yeah but I'm talking about my opinion, I don't care how well a game does or doesn't sell on either platform I want to play Tomb Raider and I can't for a year, anyone who thinks the games line up this Christmas is better on PS4 than X1 is deluded, I couldn't really care less how well either platform does in terms of sales, why should anyone?

I dont think either PS4 or XB1 is a clear front runner in the Xmas games line up. If were talking about opinions i think Halo is a bag of horse spunk. 

Does anybody actually care who has the 'better' games anyway. Aslong as you have a game that you enjoy thats enough surely?

Fallout 4 will keep me busy well into the new year so i havent even bothered looking at what else is out there.

Back to a previous post you wrote, I absolutely loved Gravity Rush. Was refreshing to play a game that was just 'different' Ive not looked into GR2 yet is it also coming out on Vita or just PS4?

I agree with you in that i think the magic of GR will be lost if its on PS4. Not sure why though.

lol Their timed exclusive - Rise of the Tomb Raider - has had shocking sales figures.  Crystal Dynamics surely won't be too happy about it - a poor release window on a platform that is second rate when it comes to sales itself is a recipe for disaster.

Even Fallout 4 has sold better on PS4 - there's no chance Xbone making up the gap, damage already done imo.

It doesn't matter that there's a Christmas shortage of games on PS4 - MGSV, Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 will keep the average gamer busy way into next year.

What on earth has sales got to do with anything he's just said.

I dont think either PS4 or XB1 is a clear front runner in the Xmas games line up. If were talking about opinions i think Halo is a bag of horse spunk. 

Does anybody actually care who has the 'better' games anyway. Aslong as you have a game that you enjoy thats enough surely?

Fallout 4 will keep me busy well into the new year so i havent even bothered looking at what else is out there.

Back to a previous post you wrote, I absolutely loved Gravity Rush. Was refreshing to play a game that was just 'different' Ive not looked into GR2 yet is it also coming out on Vita or just PS4?

I agree with you in that i think the magic of GR will be lost if its on PS4. Not sure why though.

Well yeah obviously, as a console owner you'd always want access to as many top rated games as possible and the PS4 lacks quantity but Bloodborne is probably the best exclusive title out. Xbox definitely has more though, has done for some time it had a much better Christmas line up last year as well......Unless you've never owned a PS3 in which case it's a lot more even because a lot of top class remakes have hit the PS4.

Well Playstation have basically stopped supporting the Vita now so it's PS4 only, Gravity Rush Remastered due out in March and then the sequel much later in the year (wouldn't be surprised if it was delayed a little) but definitely concerned being such a huge fan of the original that some of the magic will be lost in translation. Will play them regardless though, much like Tearaway it's still good just doesn't quite feel the same.

But the does anybody care who has better games? Well I do, I'd think most people do, isn't that the entire point of owning a console?

Well Playstation have basically stopped supporting the Vita now so it's PS4 only, Gravity Rush Remastered due out in March and then the sequel much later in the year (wouldn't be surprised if it was delayed a little) but definitely concerned being such a huge fan of the original that some of the magic will be lost in translation. Will play them regardless though, much like Tearaway it's still good just doesn't quite feel the same.

But the does anybody care who has better games? Well I do, I'd think most people do, isn't that the entire point of owning a console?

I meant in regards to the Xmas line up not better games in general. Aslong as i have a game that i really enjoy (in this instance Fallout 4) i couldnt give a monkeys if XB1 have the 'supposed' better Xmas line up. As far as im concerned the PS4 has the Uncharted series. That trumps over any game series on the XB1. The XB1 may have a stronger xmas line up (imo only because of Forza as i really dont rate Halo) but in the end both consoles have great games.

If people care that much about which one has the better games then the simple thing is to buy both consoles.

I dont get why people complain about xmas games anyway. Over the next few years it will swing between the consoles as to which one has the better line up. This year XB1 may be better but next year it may be PS4. Either way both consoles have games that will give you hours upon hours of play.

Archived