Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DennisNedry

PS4 v Xbox One

Which will you be buying?  

349 members have voted

1. 1. PS4 or Xbox One?

The Playstation Now subscription price has been revealed today, and it's not cheap. £12.99 a month for unlimited access.

To make this worthwhile, you'd have to get through at least 5 titles consistently every month, on top of your current gaming library. What sounded initially like a great idea has become an expensive addition imo. There's no discount for ps plus customers either.

I'll just stick to remasters. Thanks Sony. Try finding mugs elsewhere.

The Playstation Now subscription price has been revealed today, and it's not cheap. £12.99 a month for unlimited access.

To make this worthwhile, you'd have to get through at least 5 titles consistently every month, on top of your current gaming library. What sounded initially like a great idea has become an expensive addition imo. There's no discount for ps plus customers either.

I'll just stick to remasters. Thanks Sony. Try finding mugs elsewhere.

Refresh my memory what is playstation now again? What do you get for £13 a month?

Unlimited access to older games on ps3 and some ps2 games. Since they're 2.99 each for a weeks rental, whoever did their market research needs to be fired. It'll never catch on, it's far too expensive.

You don't reckon?

I think it might do alright, don't think I'll bother though. Might partake in the 7 day trial over Xmas though and try and do Shadow of the colossus.

Best to get what the majority of your friends have, or if like me you don't have much time for online gaming look at which exclusive you're most likely to enjoy and which controller you get on with best

In terms of visuals, as yet the two are pretty much on par. Further down the line the PS4's extra power might be better utilised but I personally never saw anything on the PS3 that couldn't really be done on the 360

Personally I much prefer the Xbox One controller over the Dual Shock - it seems ridiculous to me that Sony have continued to opt with putting the left thumbstick where it is now that the D-pad is redundant in pretty much all but fighting games. The interface seems a little better thought out... although a big step backwards from 360.

Owning an Xbox One, the downsides are:

- updates are often, and take several minutes to download and install. Way slower than 360 updates despite such a small file size (Virgin Fibre Optic here, no problems with our connection) 

- the free Games with Gold are usually awful and not even worth your disc space. Most are indie-standard scrolling puzzlers that would have cost 80 credits (about 20p) in the old 360 days. PS Plus seems to be better in this area.

- menu lags. I guess this will be patched at some point but if you bring up the Achievements tab you can be waiting upto about 20 seconds for it to actually load. I don't understand why it takes so long. It's just text  :huh:

Positives include:

+ far better controller, subjectively speaking. The batteries also seem to last for ages now, don't know how they've done it - even if you're using those naff Panasonic AA's, they just last and last

+ overall online experience is very quick and stable, Xbox Live has always been known for this and I haven't had any problems except one evening when those dickheads took PS and Xbox connections out. Lizard Squad or something, but they haven't done anything of late

+ despite the poor selection of free Gold games, some of the marketplace sales are incredible. I picked up Titanfall with all the DLC for less than £10, and played the shit out of it. Great game. These update weekly and are worth keeping an eye out for

+ console is very quiet compare to the 360

+ Microsoft have finally realised that no one gives a shit about Kinect or Avatars. This was what put me off when they announced the Xbox One but seems a thing of the past now

Something must be wrong with your internet connection or something man. Either that or you don't have it set to energy-saving mode. I've never had an update take longer than a minute or two when I'm actually on the system. The system should be set to energy-saving mode where it will auto update itself even when you're away.

As for the Games With Gold, sure they're not all great. But a couple of months ago one of the games was Assassin's Creed: Black Flag. That's a damn good game to get for free, especially when that game is still $20+ in stores. That Valiant Hearts game, which is one of October's GWG offers is supposed to be really good. 

I definitely agree with you about the marketplace sales though. Plenty of good deals every week. 

Playstation Now isnt that bad all told(only going by what I played of the beta)

I wouldn't pay £12.99 a month for it tho, I'd rather they do another level/sub level to PS Plus where they add say another 20 quid on it and you get unlimited access to PS Now games,

but they wont do that, all honesty, PS Now slowly die a death tbh.

Has anyone got or played Mad Max?

Thinking of buying a new game

I have. Its decent. Graphics like shadow of mordor, in fact its very similar, except the whole point of the game, so far at least , is gather parts for your car. And parts for your base. But its really fun, just don't think its worth £40. I paid 10 on pc

I have. Its decent. Graphics like shadow of mordor, in fact its very similar, except the whole point of the game, so far at least , is gather parts for your car. And parts for your base. But its really fun, just don't think its worth £40. I paid 10 on pc

Cheers for that, think I might still purchase it, I've got an Xbox One and have everything that's out worth getting atm

Decided to go for Uncharted Drake Collection despite MGS5 taking up 58 hours of gaming time so far - and only 38% complete.

Offer too good to refuse, £32.99 on simplygames.  Should drop by tomorrow :)

MGS5 is such a good game though.  Can't put it down.  This epidemic on my base is frustrating though.

Decided to go for Uncharted Drake Collection despite MGS5 taking up 58 hours of gaming time so far - and only 38% complete.

Offer too good to refuse, £32.99 on simplygames.  Should drop by tomorrow :)

MGS5 is such a good game though.  Can't put it down.  This epidemic on my base is frustrating though.

its a really good remastered collection Uncharted, you can really tell the difference from the originals tbh, really enjoyed replaying so far, finished the first 2, 

its a really good remastered collection Uncharted, you can really tell the difference from the originals tbh, really enjoyed replaying so far, finished the first 2, 

I have played through the first one but not the other two at all, so I'm looking forward to it.  GoW 3 Remastered was impressive, I'm hoping for more of the same.

• 5 weeks later...

Looking to purchase a Xbox One as my two best mates still refuse to move across to PS4. I've had PS4 for a year now and I must say that I like the interface etc but aside from The last of us and Until Dawn I think the Xbox could have played all the other stuff I've enjoyed such as FIFA and GTA.

Is there any point in keeping both consoles?

Probably not, not that many exclusives on either and even less that are must play titles, just trade your PS4 in for the One, especially if you've got a mate with a PS4 who can lend you it for a weekend or something if Uncharted 4 or games of that ilk take your fancy over the coming years. Games generally play better on the PS4 but by and large it's barely noticeable, think enjoying them with your mates is much more important than a few pixels.

Looking to purchase a Xbox One as my two best mates still refuse to move across to PS4. I've had PS4 for a year now and I must say that I like the interface etc but aside from The last of us and Until Dawn I think the Xbox could have played all the other stuff I've enjoyed such as FIFA and GTA.

Is there any point in keeping both consoles?

XB1 is the superior console for me. Backward compatibility will make it even better. Personally think there are better gamers on XB to PS.

Is backward compatibility really a big thing? I haven't bought a PS4 to play PS3 games.

Helps quoting someone but no you haven't bought a PS4 to play PS3 games because you won't be able to :P

There's a lot of good games that me and others will be able to play again instead of switching consoles.

Mainly COD 4 and Waw

Is backward compatibility really a big thing? I haven't bought a PS4 to play PS3 games.

It is probably a selling point for me.

I have a big collection of '360 games that I still want to play regularly (Dark Souls, New Vegas, etc). Don't want to have 2 consoles plugged in and my 360 is on its last legs anyway.

Getting a ps4 tomorrow

FIFA 16 obvs and Mrs is getting me tony Hawks pro skater 5 for Xmas but where else do I start for games? Black ops 3 worth getting? Anything else?

You might want to rethink THPS5.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/tony-hawks-pro-skater-5/critic-reviews

Getting massively negative reviews from all reviewers. Full of game-breaking glitches, oversimplified controls, poor soundtrack, poor visuals, broken multiplayer. Rushed to market as their license with Tony Hawk was reaching expiry - I'm gutted as I used to love the series but wouldn't even consider getting it unless there was a major update to fix the gameplay, which is unlikely

Archived