Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DennisNedry

PS4 v Xbox One

Which will you be buying?  

349 members have voted

1. 1. PS4 or Xbox One?

Not daft really. The triggers on the ps4 controller are awful, and the sticks lose the rubber from the top. If the xbone pad stays together, its better

in the grand scheme of things, its daft. Both controllers have pros and cons. They both do the job. They're both good controllers.

Not daft really. The triggers on the ps4 controller are awful, and the sticks lose the rubber from the top. If the xbone pad stays together, its better

I think the triggers on Xbox are awful, and I've never had the rubber come away in mine. I don't go around trying to persuade people I think I'm right :dunno:

Ps4 3.0 update was shite. I'm getting a bit frustrated they still haven't added simple functions like notifications when friends log on, appearing offline and custom backgrounds. They seem to be more concerned with adding tons of 'social' things that honestly could have waited.

It shows to me that they're not as bothered about listening to the fans as they were when the PS4 came out. Probably "winning" or selling more consoles than Microsoft might have gone to their heads. Ps+ 'free games' seems to have lost its excitment as well. Not sure how many 2d puzzle sidescrollers they think we want.

At least the games are really nice to play. That's all that matters I suppose.

Not sure how many 2d puzzle sidescrollers they think we want.

It's the same on Xbox, Braid was fairly refreshing but it really was a one-playthrough game. There's so many of these shitty retro-style platform puzzlers about now and they're always the free games on Xbox One because no one buys them. Must be because a small development team can knock them out in a couple of weeks (cost very little to make) so only shifting a couple of thousand copies worldwide will still see them in profit

It's the same on Xbox, Braid was fairly refreshing but it really was a one-playthrough game. There's so many of these shitty retro-style platform puzzlers about now and they're always the free games on Xbox One because no one buys them. Must be because a small development team can knock them out in a couple of weeks (cost very little to make) so only shifting a couple of thousand copies worldwide will still see them in profit

I only played a couple. I think Valient Hearts is free for Xbox this month? That's my favourite of all sidescrolling puzzle games.

Still not bitten and my default choice is PS4, will probably go when Fallout 4 or No Mans Sky drops - latest being post-crimbo sales

Target £300 for 1tb console, game and years worth online. Only issues I anticipate being that some absolute bastard has nicked my gamertag on Playstation online for some sadistic reason and most of my friends and online gaming buddies are xbots/PC nerds.

Also found this, I hope it helps some of you make your minds up

photo.jpg

If you already have a playstation online account the name can't be nicked on PS4.

Thats the thing, I havent got one and some randoms nipped it before me.

Youve gotta be some proper weirdo to nick SpazticChicken as an online avatar

Ps4 3.0 update was shite. I'm getting a bit frustrated they still haven't added simple functions like notifications when friends log on, appearing offline and custom backgrounds. They seem to be more concerned with adding tons of 'social' things that honestly could have waited.

It shows to me that they're not as bothered about listening to the fans as they were when the PS4 came out. Probably "winning" or selling more consoles than Microsoft might have gone to their heads. Ps+ 'free games' seems to have lost its excitment as well. Not sure how many 2d puzzle sidescrollers they think we want.

At least the games are really nice to play. That's all that matters I suppose.

im with you there on the friend notifications thing, the 3.0 update is pants tbh, utter tosh, more like 2.9 imo, they are going all this social route but surely friend notifications would be classed as a social thing. 

im with you there on the friend notifications thing, the 3.0 update is pants tbh, utter tosh, more like 2.9 imo, they are going all this social route but surely friend notifications would be classed as a social thing.

Yup, considering PS3 had all of those things. I'm not sure what is the big hold-up.

Just bought myself a PS4 with that new Destiny Game. Is it any cop or should I just trade that straight in?

Did you just get it on a whim or'd you scout out a decent deal?

Been looking into this over the weekend and I'm abit disappointed in the way Sony havent really progressed in their firmware and the PS4 still lacks some features even me and my 360 feel accustomed to. Kinda put off by having to start a new account when my xbl one has years of history and Gears ect. But the PS is just the better piece of tech and still has alot of features and games that are better than the xb1. Looking into it has me questioning so much now.

One other thing, if yours is brand new check the model number, the most recent 'CUH-1200' apparently runs more efficiently with a smaller motherboard and a few issues ironed out, easiest way to check would be the power/disctray buttons - the newer ones are mechanical and the previous touch sensitive

Did you just get it on a whim or'd you scout out a decent deal?

Been looking into this over the weekend and I'm abit disappointed in the way Sony havent really progressed in their firmware and the PS4 still lacks some features even me and my 360 feel accustomed to. Kinda put off by having to start a new account when my xbl one has years of history and Gears ect. But the PS is just the better piece of tech and still has alot of features and games that are better than the xb1. Looking into it has me questioning so much now.

One other thing, if yours is brand new check the model number, the most recent 'CUH-1200' apparently runs more efficiently with a smaller motherboard and a few issues ironed out, easiest way to check would be the power/disctray buttons - the newer ones are mechanical and the previous touch sensitive

I got it for 299 with Destiny. Been eyeing 1 up since last year and when I became the last of my pals to upgrade to a new gen console I pulled the trigger.

Just bought myself a PS4 with that new Destiny Game. Is it any cop or should I just trade that straight in?

I would trade that in.  I thought the Destiny beta was really poor but then equally there's people who thought it was really good.  Depends what you like.  If you've loads of mates with that game then it's probably worth your time.

I would look at get something like Bloodborne, Witcher 3, Batman or MGS5.  It depends how much time you have.

Still not caved in to getting a next gen console, but going to get one post Christmas. Can someone relatively impartial quickly sum up the strengths and weaknesses of each. Had a 360 for the best part of 6 or 7 years and always loved that.

Best to get what the majority of your friends have, or if like me you don't have much time for online gaming look at which exclusive you're most likely to enjoy and which controller you get on with best

In terms of visuals, as yet the two are pretty much on par. Further down the line the PS4's extra power might be better utilised but I personally never saw anything on the PS3 that couldn't really be done on the 360

Personally I much prefer the Xbox One controller over the Dual Shock - it seems ridiculous to me that Sony have continued to opt with putting the left thumbstick where it is now that the D-pad is redundant in pretty much all but fighting games. The interface seems a little better thought out... although a big step backwards from 360.

Owning an Xbox One, the downsides are:

- updates are often, and take several minutes to download and install. Way slower than 360 updates despite such a small file size (Virgin Fibre Optic here, no problems with our connection) 

- the free Games with Gold are usually awful and not even worth your disc space. Most are indie-standard scrolling puzzlers that would have cost 80 credits (about 20p) in the old 360 days. PS Plus seems to be better in this area.

- menu lags. I guess this will be patched at some point but if you bring up the Achievements tab you can be waiting upto about 20 seconds for it to actually load. I don't understand why it takes so long. It's just text  :huh:

Positives include:

+ far better controller, subjectively speaking. The batteries also seem to last for ages now, don't know how they've done it - even if you're using those naff Panasonic AA's, they just last and last

+ overall online experience is very quick and stable, Xbox Live has always been known for this and I haven't had any problems except one evening when those dickheads took PS and Xbox connections out. Lizard Squad or something, but they haven't done anything of late

+ despite the poor selection of free Gold games, some of the marketplace sales are incredible. I picked up Titanfall with all the DLC for less than £10, and played the shit out of it. Great game. These update weekly and are worth keeping an eye out for

+ console is very quiet compare to the 360

+ Microsoft have finally realised that no one gives a shit about Kinect or Avatars. This was what put me off when they announced the Xbox One but seems a thing of the past now

I got it for 299 with Destiny. Been eyeing 1 up since last year and when I became the last of my pals to upgrade to a new gen console I pulled the trigger.

Yeah don't listen to Games Master. To try base an opinion on Destiny in it's current form based on your experience with the actual year 1 beta with one planet is just ridiculous. The Taken King expansion has actually turned it into a pretty essential title. It's quality albeit probably very confusing for a new comer. You have got absolutely hours and hours worth of content if you are going from the start though.

Yeah don't listen to Games Master. To try base an opinion on Destiny in it's current form based on your experience with the actual year 1 beta with one planet is just ridiculous. The Taken King expansion has actually turned it into a pretty essential title. It's quality albeit probably very confusing for a new comer. You have got absolutely hours and hours worth of content if you are going from the start though.

Yeah I got about 4 hours of Destiny in yesterday and despite initially finding it confusing, I was really starting to enjoy it so I'll be sticking with it. All of my mates are pretty into it too, so that will be a bonus.

Archived