Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DennisNedry

PS4 v Xbox One

Which will you be buying?  

349 members have voted

1. 1. PS4 or Xbox One?

It's just frustrating knowing there are so many great looking games coming to PS4 when you watch the games shows (E3, Gamescom etc) but I can't play any of them now. I'd definitely buy Tomb Raider and Forza this Christmas if I owned an Xbox so I feel a bit peeved as a PS4 owner that there's no like for like alternative to play, having completed all the Uncharted games before on a mates PS3. At the minute I'm just playing Battlefront and Rocket League, Rocket League is still exceptional but Battlefront is starting to wear thin already, as a huge star wars fan it's still great to run around looking at how beautiful it is and how amazing the sound design is, but beyond Heroes v Villians I'm not really enjoying it much at all, it's even more casual a shooter than CoD, take away the star wars aspect and it's a distinctly average game.

Never played a Fallout for any great length of time, tried 3 and that Vegas one but just couldn't get in to them, Ass Creed bores me to tears, completed all the big single player games on the market that really interest me, I couldn't care if they were multi-plat or exclusive just know I'd love to blast through Forza and Tomb Raider this Christmas. Will have to delve in to the back catalogue and find something that takes my fancy.

I meant in regards to the Xmas line up not better games in general. Aslong as i have a game that i really enjoy (in this instance Fallout 4) i couldnt give a monkeys if XB1 have the 'supposed' better Xmas line up. As far as im concerned the PS4 has the Uncharted series. That trumps over any game series on the XB1. The XB1 may have a stronger xmas line up (imo only because of Forza as i really dont rate Halo) but in the end both consoles have great games.

If people care that much about which one has the better games then the simple thing is to buy both consoles.

I dont get why people complain about xmas games anyway. Over the next few years it will swing between the consoles as to which one has the better line up. This year XB1 may be better but next year it may be PS4. Either way both consoles have games that will give you hours upon hours of play.

That looking at your situation and not the overall picture though, some people may not enjoy fallout or may have the time to smash the back end off it in two weeks, some of them will have been ps 3 owners and may not want to have the only decent games coming out this autumn to be games they've already played.

I'm with you I've got kids and a job that dominates a lot of time so the 100 hours needed to do fallout is a prolly going to take me to x mas but I already know people who have plat and played it to death.

Finally bit the bullet and picked up a 500gb xbone on black friday weekend for £229 with ori, rare replay and goat simulator. Was mainly 360 before but also picked up a Ps3 late on as well.

Was going to go PS4 first this gen but what finally pushed me to xbox was . I have quite a few xboxone games thru games with gold all linked to my account so they are ready to download as soon as i picked one up. 

Also the fact I can just bang an external hdd in when I run out of space is a big plus point, and perhaps the final thing that pushed me over the edge was backwards compatibility for my 360 games which is a great feature that wasn't there at launch.

I am already paying for live on 360 so no extra charge there which is a bonus and saves me £40 a year. I pick up 12 months live codes online for around £20 so it is cheaper than PSN .

2 free 360 games each month will also work on xbone from now on thru gwg as well as the xbone games so it seemed a bit of a no brainer really in the end to go this route.

Ubi Art do fantastic games, the 2 Rayman games the best and my favourite plaftormers of all time. It's just all the AAA games, climb the tower to unlock the map to do the same missions over and over, by the end of Far Cry 4 I'd absolutely had enough of the formula, Watch Dogs and Ass Creed exactly the same, climb the tower to unlock the map to do mundane repetitive tosh, I just don't get where the fan base is or how people could enjoy it but that's just me obviously people do enjoy it just think a real shake up and a bit more diversity is needed from the big Ubisoft titles to get me interested in them again.

I wouldn't buy Ass Creed Syndicate if it was 50p, personally.

That's how I feel right now, Unity was a real turn off for me, I think it's run its course after peaking at Black Flag.

Unity is a big bag of bollocks but Syndicate is actually supposed to be a very good game.

• 2 months later...

I understand this isnt a PS4 thread but I don't what to start a new topic. 

PS4 finally gets appear offline, friend notifications, remote play (PC/MAC) and some other stuff http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/03/01/ps4-3-50-system-software-update-key-features-detailed/?emcid=social_20160301_58820696&adbid=704622616741416960&adbpl=tw&adbpr=36969785only took 2 years to get some features that should have been in day one!

That Drake game is available to play on the PS4 for free this weekend single and multiplayer, was playing multiplayer last night and it seemed pretty good, nice maps as well.

Hitman also available again this weekend for those that have pre-ordered.

Archived