Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alf Bentley

Pearson on staying in the stand

I loved NP's comment on why he stayed in the stand when his touchline ban no longer applied:

‘I just decided I would give it another go, no other reason. As I don’t like to conform, I thought I’d do it when I didn’t have to" (Source: Daily Mail)

I think some people get him wrong, seeing him as boring, stubborn and possibly not very bright.

Contrary he may be, but that can be a good thing; he's also a sharp bloke with a dry sense of humour that creases me up sometimes.

You keep them guessing, Nigel!

Clearly Big Nige is just a hipster

l love his dry humour, some people don't get it and see him as boring, arrogant, negative, he's not at all imo.

On the radio he (jokingly) threatened to sit in the commentary box with Stringer & Young! lol

Oh yes please, maybe he'd give both (Or atleast Young) some of the famous headbutt treatment!

If I was CS I'd be tempted to have a bit of fun with it... Imagine just as Vardy was walking by... Cupping your ear like American secret service agent...

"What's that boss? Vardy's having a mare?"

"He's got a shocking hair cut and is a lazy b'stard"

"What's that get some boots on myself and drag him off as I'm more mobile"

"We'll it's a little unconventional but ok if your sure"

Can anyone who went tonight and/or Blackpool advise whether he was in the dugout or not?

I didn't see him in on the touchline for the end of game handshakes at Blackpool and for Knockaerts celebration tonight - (thought the eyes gesture by Knocky when he skidded may have been a play on him looking into the stands to see Pearson).

I'm pretty sure his ban has been over and hes just doing it for a change.

Cheers.

He'll be called  'Markin' we go to Paris not Paree

lol Did he say that? lol

You also get a much better view of everyone's positioning from the stand. I appreciate rugby is, tactically, a more complex game but their coaches are usually up in the stand or an executive box these days, masterminding things from above.

They'll radio down to assistants on the touchline. Don't have a problem with that at all.

Agreed, i find it amazing how many managers still stand on the touchline.

Football must be the only sport where this is still commonplace, no excuse for it really in this day and age when you can mic down.

The condemned stand is opposite the dugouts isn't it?

No you obviously have never been to watford? Same side the dugouts are there the side that is never shown on tv. Crap ground truly awful. What's with the bit in the corner where the home fans sit looks like a half built block of flats?

No you obviously have never been to watford? Same side the dugouts are there the side that is never shown on tv. Crap ground truly awful. What's with the bit in the corner where the home fans sit looks like a half built block of flats?

I have been to Watford, I was incorrect, you were right.

The stand at the far end is a block of flats.

I have delivered furnature to them.

Archived