Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bluearmy 316

Where are the Pearson haters now?

Always been a massive NP fan but it will be interesting to see what happens at the end of the season. If we come third and lose the playoffs again I have don't know if they'll still give him a 1 year contract.

If we do go up, I'll be a little worried the Thais will do a Southampton and not renew his contract and go for a 'Premier League manager'

They're all here still, dying for us to lose again so they can come on here and bash away on their keyboards

Absolute Tosh!

After winning just 3 of the last 17 game last season, one of the worst runs in the clubs history, and blowing the best chance of promotion in years, with him seemingly struggling to turn things around,  fans had every right to have concerns.

The football club i support is Leicester City FC, not Nigel Pearson FC.

We have started this season very well, and the last two performances have been encouraging, but we are only in September.

I have no problem with Nigel Pearson the person, i couldn`t give a toss about him to be honest, my only concern is how my football club is performing while he is here.

While we are performing well, and i feel we are going in the right direction i will be happy, and Pearson or any other manager who happens to be in charge for that matter, will have my full support, but if we go on another disastrous run like the one we suffered at the buisness end of last season, i will not be happy!

To say that some fans hope we lose, so they can have a dig at Pearson, is not only ridiculous, it`s actually insulting to those fans.

Always been a massive NP fan but it will be interesting to see what happens at the end of the season. If we come third and lose the playoffs again I have don't know if they'll still give him a 1 year contract.

If we do go up, I'll be a little worried the Thais will do a Southampton and not renew his contract and go for a 'Premier League manager'

Which would be wrong, because Pearson would have earnt his right to have a crack at the premier league, by getting us promoted, but i certainly wouldn`t be surprised if the owners did exactly that.

Which would be wrong, because Pearson would have earnt his right to have a crack at the premier league, by getting us promoted, but i certainly wouldn`t be surprised if the owners did exactly that.

I like to think they've learned their lesson from the last time they ditched him for greener looking grass.

Agreed, if he does get us up he should be allowed a stab at keeping us up, just got a feeling the Thais will invest heavily to keep us up, and don't know if they will give him the money, rather than a manager experienced at the top level, like I say I hope they would give him a chance, but like you I wouldn't be surprised if they got someone new in.

Well have good and bad patches this season, let's judge at the end. Although we all have reason to have enjoyed the season so far.

Also enjoyed the: "We don't go to ParI over here we go to Paris" - think Marcin is gonna get called whatever NP wants to call him.

I think it's more about the downright arrogance and unwillingness to even give him a chance that makes people react like this. That's certainly the way I see it.

He's been given plenty of chances he just hasn't got us promoted (yet, hopefully) and that is what he was employed to do.

I think it's more about the downright arrogance and unwillingness to even give him a chance that makes people react like this. That's certainly the way I see it.

It's the same arrogance and "gloating" that the pro NP OP is showing .... From both sides of any argument it just gets very tedious.

I think the thing is, there is nothing wrong with criticising the team if we are not playing well but it is the sheer venom and joy with which some posters on here do it that annoys the OP and myself too.  Granted it is not good to be blindly optimistic either but I think we do need to try and cut out the bile.

Some folk on here ONLY ever see the negative and take every small chance they can to slag off the team by to the extreme.  I think that is the problem.  Then, when we do well, someone says (and I have done it in the past) "where are all you haters now" to which the haters (and some of the more reasonable posters) rightly point out that it is early days.  I am very pleased with the season so far and I am a big fan of Pearson but I know that we have a long season ahead.  What does grind though (and what I believe the OP is getting at) is those people that seem to enjoy it when we lose and constantly look for the negatives.  The abuse players get is ridiculous too.  To say "Vardy played badly today" is one thing but some folk pipe up with things like "fvcking Vardeh Tw@t is fvcking sh1t and as a person is a d1ck and I hate him I hate him I hate him" which, to be fair, is just mental.  We all know these people have little to no brains and smaller penises than even me but they can be quite poisonous and it can't really do anyone any good.

Anyway, I am rambling as usual and I need to do my exercises to try and get a bit more god damn depth to my chest and shoulders to stop me looking like a little girl but I think what I am trying to say is that whilst everyone should be able to criticise the team what we don't need is people who enjoy and thrive on it and actually look for the negatives and like shouting abuse from the safety of behind their laptops at the manager and what are often very young men.  If you want to abuse 20 year old boys knock yourselves out but don't be so defensive when we point out what nobsakkymongtwisters you are.

Up the Foxes!

Let's all enjoy the ride, good times and bad.

Rumble.

X

And he failed to get us to Wembley on both occasions.

Let's just wait and see and not spoil the current feelgood factor by starting up these old arguments.

Harsh. Maybe we should go back to the Levein / Holloway days. Pearson is a solid quality manager, who 99 % of clubs in the football league would snap their hands off for.

Harsh. Maybe we should go back to the Levein / Holloway days. Pearson is a solid quality manager, who 99 % of clubs in the football league would snap their hands off for.

To those who are unsure of Pearson. Just remember you deluded **** wits

Craig Levein. Mark Maghee. Holloway. The list goes on. They were proper shit.

Couldn't agree with you more

Silly post. No one hates him, but many of us just don't believe he is the right man for the job.

If we get promoted this season, then you can post your comments, and have your moment of glory. If we don't, then we will be right, and sorry for being so.

I still hope he can take us up.

There are a few on here who hate him and openly admit to it, we've all seen them

Agree he's had a steady record, but have never been convinced he has the know how to get us to the premier league, and we all know for the clubs finacial future we need to be there sooner rather than later.

I agree he's cut alot of the wasted money of the books, but until this season has been backed financially, I just hope we/ he can make that improvement to get promoted, and I have said before that if we fail this season, fresh ideas need bringing in for next season.

Bassett and Megson were supposed to be guys with the knowledge to get a team up and look where that got us.

In fact the promotion managers were all lacking in premiership form. Of Little, O'Neil and Adams none had the CV that said they could get a team up and Little took 3 attempts.

I think we are where we want to be in the grand scheme of things.

Silly post. No one hates him, but many of us just don't believe he is the right man for the job.

If we get promoted this season, then you can post your comments, and have your moment of glory. If we don't, then we will be right, and sorry for being so.

I still hope he can take us up.

I rarely post but this must be one of the most ludicrous statements I've seen. By this logic only 3 teams in this division have the "right" manager, and all the others have got it wrong. That's just nonsense.

As you know, the manager is just one element of the "team" which includes players, coaches, fitness, researchers and so on. He plays a vital role obviously, and has a heavy influence, but cannot win promotion by himself. To believe otherwise is really naive frankly.

I know that you can probably cite instances where a new manager comes in and transforms a sides fortunes seemingly over night. But for every one of those there are many more who fail.

I personally think Pearson is a decent manager, and has a some very decent players too. But the same can be said for quite a few other teams in this league which is why its so competitive. I'm actually really looking forward to seeing whether we can maintain our performances but add some finishing, if we can do that we'll be in really good shape.

Long way to go yet, things will swing back and forth no doubt and dramas will inevitable occur, but I'm going to enjoy the ride and try not to get too frustrated by it.

By all means trumpet out loud about how good you think Pearson is, just do it without the barbed comments about those of us who still doubt him.

We all want Leicester to succeed so we therefore also want NFP to succeed.

The Charlton game was enough to make even many of the pro Pearson brigade start to question what was happening.

And that was only five games into the new league season...

Honestly, after the first seven games, FT has turned into a peaceful haven. Funny what a difference a few games make.

I do doubt your statement about Leicester fans being Pearson fans - the last few weeks and months prior to the last two games have shown quite vividly that there's still a lot of unwarranted criticism for the manager out there and that for many, club still comes before manager (which I do understand is perfectly reasonable). The amount of (personal) stick Pearson's received in that period only shows that managers can learn and improve and that most fans know jack shit and are only voicing subjective views (me included).

Although I have to say it's a pleasure to be proven right (to some extent) up to this point. Still, I do agree the manager's achievements need to be assessed at the end of this campaign, not just after seven games.

Archived