Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Johnny Cash

Nugent

Sorry, didn't understand your post.

When you mentioned about people not taking penalties off goal tallies and seeing other posters say "if you take the penalties away, he would have 2 goals" I assumed they were talking about goal tallies.

Again, 

Sarcasm, not your strong points, clearly common sense is not either.

If you believe that people are saying "Lets take the penalties off his goal tally" you are more stupid than they are, use some common sense corky....

But if you add his penalties as an individual spell of brilliance and worthy of a place in the team then like I said, get Gallagher back.

Same player atm. all penalties no effort. 

Again, 

If you believe that people are saying "Lets take the penalties off his goal tally" you are more stupid than they are, use some common sense corky....

But if you add his penalties as an individual spell of brilliance and worthy of a place in the team then like I said, get Gallagher back.

Maybe you should read Johnny Cash's posts on this page.

Again, 

Lee i think you need to re read the thread mate. Corky is clearly making a valid point. You are having a mare! I get your point re: Nug but now you are just being obtuse to try and point score! What corky has quoted has been said in this thread and it may not be what you mean but are you in a position to vouch for other members who have said it too?

Corky do us a favour and be quiet on the subject...

your structured opinion is welcome but your boring quotes like this are not.

I've seen this post from you about 8 times in the past week and nobody is listening...

Bored of you now, sarcasm is not one of your strong points, it's just making you look stupid now  :thumbup:

David nugent, the paul gallagher of 2013 Can take a penalty, doesn't offer much more at the moment. 

2 from open play, and 4 in 40 away from home is obviously good enough for you  lol

Dude!

You know that I (sometimes) appreciate your arguments (although I don't always agree with them), but what makes you think you are speaking on behalf of everyone else? If you think that nobody is listening to what he says then don't draw attention to it: just ignore it! You argue, when you are criticised, that you have a right to an opinion but that is also the same for others. Why do you to reduce it to name calling - all respect gets lost!  

I don't get all this stuff where one person thinks that their opinion is 'more' valid than others. You have Svensson telling Johnny Cash that because he doesn't get to the games (he lives in the US) that nothing he says is 'valid'. That is utter rubbish! I, more often than not, disagree with Mr Cash but I do have to acknowledge that he has a right to put forward his point-of-view just like anyone else.  It is just an easy way to try to win an argument. It has nothing to do with what is being said and shifts the argument away from the discussion - in that instance you lose! 

Dude!

You know that I (sometimes) appreciate your arguments (although I don't always agree with them), but what makes you think you are speaking on behalf of everyone else? If you think that nobody is listening to what he says then don't draw attention to it: just ignore it! You argue, when you are criticised, that you have a right to an opinion but that is also the same for others. Why do you to reduce it to name calling - all respect gets lost!

I don't get all this stuff where one person thinks that their opinion is 'more' valid than others. You have Svensson telling Johnny Cash that because he doesn't get to the games (he lives in the US) that nothing he says is 'valid'. That is utter rubbish! I, more often than not, disagree with Mr Cash but I do have to acknowledge that he has a right to put forward his point-of-view just like anyone else. It is just an easy way to try to win an argument. It has nothing to do with what is being said and shifts the argument away from the discussion - in that instance you lose!

Good post.

Hate the mentality of "I go to every game so I'm a better fan".

I disagree with posters on here but instead of name calling or discrediting them I offer my alternative view. I go to pretty much every game but I don't feel my oponion is any more valid than anybody elses.

Sayimg that I do think that people who don't go to the games but are very opinionated sometimes base their opinions on hear say and posts on here.

On the Nugent argument I maintain that we're a better team with him in the side than not. If our top scorer is our biggest problem this season it shows that we are doing well

Corky do us a favour and be quiet on the subject...

your structured opinion is welcome but your boring quotes like this are not.

I've seen this post from you about 8 times in the past week and nobody is listening...

Bored of you now, sarcasm is not one of your strong points, it's just making you look stupid now  :thumbup:

David nugent, the paul gallagher of 2013 Can take a penalty, doesn't offer much more at the moment. 

2 from open play, and 4 in 40 away from home is obviously good enough for you  lol

What a pathetic post.

Yes he's been ill for a week, but not since last season.

Yes he's scored 6 penalties, but there must be a least 3/4 of our other players more than capable of doing that.

Yes, he did score a good goal on Sturday as I pointed out, but he'd score a lot more if he put his 'old' amount of effort in and played like a striker.

Although you say he played terrible for 60% of his 60 minutes on Saturday, I'd even concede that I didn't think he was as bad as his previous games and he looked a bit brighter, I don't dislike the bloke, I just don't think he's worth his place at the moment, who knows, there could be a vary valid reason for his poor contribution.

I don't think he'll play against Fulham which would be sensible if he's been ill. If however Wood, Schlupp or whoever take there oppotunity well, then I think one of them should start with Vardy for the next league game with Nugent on the bench to come on if neccessary. I think any of our striker willing to take a gamble on some of the many chances created by Vardy thus far would have scored a hatful and we'd have killed the opposition off more efficiently. Just my opinion.

and I agree 100%, Finally, somebody with common sense and a structured answer  :scarf:

What a pathetic post.

Irony at it's finest  :trumpet:

Silly post. Plenty of structured answers and people with common sense that disagree with you. Do yourself no favours with comments like that

Cannot disagree... I never have disagreed that there are not people on here who disagree that actually structure their opinions and base their opinions on fact, and not on emotional favoritism.

Unfortunately not alot on this thread, its all emotional. they like nugent so they make excuses, 

the ratio of stuctured opinions to emotional excuses on here is embarrassing. 

People on here who do not like me/others, find any  opportunity to post sarcastic unintelligent replies, in an attempt to be funny, Hence my reply.

but, again in my opinion, It is not good enough that nugent has a record of 2 in open play in the league since january, and 4 in 40 or so away appearances.

6 penalties does not cut the mustard. 

Gallgher was the same, Can take a mean penalty, but offered nothing else then showed moments of brilliance, and the flaming mobs had it in for him years ago.

Cannot disagree... I never have disagreed that there are not people on here who disagree that actually structure their opinions and base their opinions on fact, and not on emotional favoritism.

Unfortunately not alot on this thread, its all emotional. they like nugent so they make excuses, 

People on here who do not like me/others, find any  opportunity to post sarcastic unintelligent replies, in an attempt to be funny, Hence my reply.

but, again in my opinion, It is not good enough that nugent has a record of 2 in open play in the league since january, and 4 in 40 or so away appearances.

Gallgher was the same, Can take a mean penalty, but offered nothing else then showed moments of brilliance, and the flaming mobs had it in for him years ago.

Shame Gallagher hasn't been our top scorer two seasons running.

Dude!

I don't get all this stuff where one person thinks that their opinion is 'more' valid than others. You have Svensson telling Johnny Cash that because he doesn't get to the games (he lives in the US) that nothing he says is 'valid'. That is utter rubbish! I, more often than not, disagree with Mr Cash but I do have to acknowledge that he has a right to put forward his point-of-view just like anyone else. It is just an easy way to try to win an argument. It has nothing to do with what is being said and shifts the argument away from the discussion - in that instance you lose!

Are you being serious? Folk base their arguements on 2nd hand information. How is that credible? Seeing is believing, for example nugent ran 80 yards to make a tackle. That instance won't be reported in the media or on highlights shows. Someone claimed he was lazy, that proves otherwise.

People on here who do not like me/others, find any opportunity to post sarcastic unintelligent replies, in an attempt to be funny, Hence my reply.

The same can be said of you, you fail to recognise positive aspects of Nugents all round play because you don't rate him.

I imagine you thought Heskey was sh&t because he didn't score enough as well.

Shame Gallagher hasn't been our top scorer two seasons running.

Short term memories.

It's embarrassing that some can't take other peoples opinion on board.

The same can be said of you, you fail to recognise positive aspects of Nugents all round play because you don't rate him.

I imagine you thought Heskey was sh&t because he didn't score enough as well.

You may want to read my posts again. I have quoted QUITE CLEARLY. That on Saturday he had a good spell... then for me was poor, so is saying he was good for 20-30 minutes until he scored not good enough for you as a positive? 

Or do you decide to just ignore that point I made?

Clueless.

Blind criticism.

Becuase people know that Nugent offers more than Gallagher ever did, even if he did have a bit of an off-day yesterday due to illness (and still scored).

People aren't going to jump all over him and call him shit, because they know he is capable of delivering the goods as he's been our top scorer for the last two seasons. No-one is claiming that he's having a good season by his standards, but we're still winning games with him in the side, he's scored a few from open play and it's about time we had a quality, designated penalty taker who's going to be on the pitch for most games.

Agree with all bar the last, think we should give wood a run after his exploits saturday.

I still find it absolutely hilarious that people still think that when people say "take away the penalties" we mean take them off his goal tally...

If you think taking penalties and scoring 6 of them should count as an individual brilliance and an individual effort to the team, and that he is the sole reason we won and scored it.... 

you are Fvcking deluded....

2 from open play since January, 6 penalties, so he is absolutely amazing, he is the best player we have.

If anybody actually went to the game you would have noticed that nuge had a good 20-25 mins, then he was terrible after his goal, never made space, jogged everywhere. was offside more often than not,

there was a point Was launched a ball up to him, the defender headed it straight up into the sky, The ball dropped towards king, and all he had to do was head nuge through 1 vs 1... but he couldn't. because nuge was STILL walking back from a shot he had 5 minutes before...

King just stood there in amazement with his arms aloft. he is a lazy player. 

But hey, He scored 6 penalties so that completely reflects his performances.

Completely justified.

People seem to forget that not only did wood go off the boil, nugent has never come back on the boil!!

wood has been injured, He is back, and looked 10x the player nugent was. give wood a run and maybe he will prove us wrong, maybe he will flop again, but if anyone thinks nugent deserves a place over wood after woods impact they need to support dierby.

Ridiculous that so many people have their head up his arse still,

Great finish, no doubt. but played awful after that.

Nuge wasn't offside once on Saturday. Were you getting a pie when he sprinted back 80 yards to defend, and then found himself in his own area? Players aren't going to play well all game every game, again you are just putting up a poor argument. Wood set up a goal, but otherwise didn't do as much chasing as Nugent, moaned when he didn't get the ball, yet he needs to start ahead of him? Don't get me wrong Wood played well, but your vendetta against Nugent is laughable, maybe you should go and support Derby.

Short term memories.

It's embarrassing that some can't take other peoples opinion on board.

Bert on numerous occasions I have said I appreciate your opinion, but mine is based on the facts not emotional favoritism.

you tell me he is good enough. He has scored 2 from open play and 4 in 40 away appearances, and has been off form since January.

He scored a well taken goal on Saturday but apart from that was more of a hindrance. 

do me a favor bert?

Save this. and next time you accuse me of not appreciating others opinions, Read this, then go onto my posts and read them, and see that I am only of the only people on here that actually try and structure an argument based on what a player has done RIGHT and WRONG. Not just a blind emotional opinion then making excuses. 

I stand by my opinion on him, and in a way I have egg on my face as he scored a quality finish,

But I was also proven right completely. He was lazy as he has been since january, and didnt do enough for the team. 

But the poor soul had a stomach bug.

thank god He's not on a rugby pitch,

Im sure the likes of alan young wouldnt have complained of made excuses, unfortunately although a stomach bug may be seen as a relevant EXCUSE for an all round poor game, it doesnt excuse 9 months of it.

Becuase people know that Nugent offers more than Gallagher ever did, even if he did have a bit of an off-day yesterday due to illness (and still scored).

People aren't going to jump all over him and call him shit, because they know he is capable of delivering the goods as he's been our top scorer for the last two seasons. No-one is claiming that he's having a good season by his standards, but we're still winning games with him in the side, he's scored a few from open play and it's about time we had a quality, designated penalty taker who's going to be on the pitch for most games.

9 months. 

4 in 40 away appearances,

2 in open play in the league since january.

Agree with most of this, but will have to agree to disagree on points, nugent has been off form for 9 months and wood looked 10x the player when he came on, give him another chance, god knows nugent has had enough.

You may want to read my posts again. I have quoted QUITE CLEARLY. That on Saturday he had a good spell... then for me was poor, so is saying he was good for 20-30 minutes until he scored not good enough for you as a positive?

Or do you decide to just ignore that point I made?

Clueless.

Blind criticism.

Really? You stated he was lazy... He ran 80 yards hardly lazy now is it. I would class Berbatov as a lazy striker...

****ing hell! Lee you're boring now. Nugent may not be your cup of tea but if he scores goals in open play like Saturday then he deserves to stay in the team. End of. That's coming from me and I'm not Nugents biggest fan.

I appreciate that. but with 2 since january and 4 in 40 away games...... 

unfortunately (for me personally) he did score at the weekend, that gives the usual suspects of foxestalk fuel to burn on their david nugent fire. 

I just hope if he plays against fulham and has an absolute sh1tter, We get a 93rd minute penalty so we can all forget about his poor performance :)

Well... I hope he scores 5 to be fair, for the team.

unfortunately if you slate a players performances since january, and nothing changes, people think you do not personally like the player, but if people looked back to my posts before his bad run. I could do nothing but praise the guy.

My opinions are based on current performances and past form,

No doubt if he hits form and bangs in 20 from now Ill be praising his turn around and hoping he can keep dong it for leicester city.

But does he still deserve chances after so long off the boil? No. not IMO

I appreciate that. but with 2 since january and 4 in 40 away games...... 

unfortunately (for me personally) he did score at the weekend, that gives the usual suspects of foxestalk fuel to burn on their david nugent fire. 

I just hope if he plays against fulham and has an absolute sh1tter, We get a 93rd minute penalty so we can all forget about his poor performance :)

Well... I hope he scores 5 to be fair, for the team.

unfortunately if you slate a players performances since january, and nothing changes, people think you do not personally like the player, but if people looked back to my posts before his bad run. I could do nothing but praise the guy.

My opinions are based on current performances and past form,

No doubt if he hits form and bangs in 20 from now Ill be praising his turn around and hoping he can keep dong it for leicester city.

But does he still deserve chances after so long off the boil? No. not IMO

Says it all really. One of our 'fans' is displeased that our striker scored at the weekend. 

Are you being serious? Folk base their arguements on 2nd hand information. How is that credible? Seeing is believing, for example nugent ran 80 yards to make a tackle. That instance won't be reported in the media or on highlights shows. Someone claimed he was lazy, that proves otherwise.

Look, I have no interest in getting into a tit-for-tat argument with you and, of course, going to a game gives you a 'better' perspective and more to base your opinion on. However, not going to a game does not invalidate your opinion! This is what you said:

'Hahaha, how can you form any realastic opinion from radio commentary and the internet... Your opinion is completly invalid...'

Of course you can form a 'realistic opinion' from secondary material. Of course it is credible. It might be arguable but it is still credible. If you read a book about WW2 - you can bet that the person writing it did not see the events first hand. They base their opinion on witness reports, accounts, statistics etc.. In fact, they are able to take an overview that might not be present in the accounts of an individual with an individual's bias. By that I am not suggesting that your account is not credible but I am suggesting that someone else is allowed a point-of-view based on what they have been told, read, heard and watched. Now, I might privilege what you say because you were there but I'm not going to discount someone's point of view because they weren't. I presume you read the paper and have an opinion on things that you weren't present to witness - we all do that and football is no different.

Before you ask, I wasn't at the game (I was once a season ticket holder but now I live in London and only get to a few games a year) and, to be honest, it does make me a little hesitant to put forward a strong point of view on a particular game but I would hope that if I did then it wouldn't be 'invalid' because of this. Talk to the people and help them to see what you see. Don't just tell them that they can't have an opinion - that, I am afraid, is very ignorant!

BTW, I don't agree with Johnny Cash but that does not mean that I have to find a way to invalidate his opinion. 

9 months. 

4 in 40 away appearances,

2 in open play in the league since january.

Agree with most of this, but will have to agree to disagree on points, nugent has been off form for 9 months and wood looked 10x the player when he came on, give him another chance, god knows nugent has had enough.

Didn't score though, did he? Or are you forgetting Wood's horrendous run of form too while you're calling for him to be reinstated to the first team?

Archived