Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Johnny Cash

Nugent

When you say 9 months, it seems that you're forgetting the fact that last season finished early May, and started again early August...

I have just caught up with this thread and agree its not realyl nine months is it, you think you have a argument then at least get your dates right.

Players do more for the team than just score, who cares where the goals come from as long as we score more than the opponents it surely doesnt matter.

ok, so 8 months.. does that make it okay? 

Sorry, he's been poor since the return of new year. (As were most of our squad INCLUDING WOOD)

January ....1

February .....2

March .....3

April ....4

May ....5

August ....6

September ....7

October ....8 

wood has made a few appearances since the bad run, and has looked better. by a mile.

Can you count? 

Fück it, drop Nugent, drop Vardy, send Wood out on loan, sacrifice a goat, and let's get Barry Hayles back on a pay-as-you-play deal.

That has promotion written all over it.

You bunch of miserable cûnts.

We're 2nd in the league, we've opened up a little gap ahead of the chasing pack.

Nugent's looking a bit better now especially in open play - he'll go on a little run now I think, so you can all crawl back under your mum's staircase, listen to the matches on your stolen radio, you day-tripping pricks.

Regards.

Fair enough he was... In pre-season... 

still made the first game, So the last 9 months are okay because he got an injury for a few weeks?

I don't get it bert. 

So Wood's barren spell is ok because he had an injury for a few weeks? I can pull out exactly the same argument as you. Nugent was injured for Longer than Wood was, as well. Another flaw in your argument, out of the last 9 months he wouldn't have played a competitive game for 3 months of that either (11 weeks if we're being pedantic.).... February, March April, he was poor. Scored both games he played for us in May. June, July, no games, August, September, October, been below par, granted, but still top scorer.

Believe it or not. Players are judged over a season, (For me anyway, just like the team will be on their final league position) and in his two seasons here he has been top scorer.

I'd suggest that those with a brain, who appreciate that whilst Nugent isn't playing his best ever football for us, he's still doing fine and contributing a fair few goals, refrain from posting anymore in this thread. You can't change the mind of an idiot. Those who make comments like 'apart from his goal, Nugent was more of a hindrance on Saturday' are not worth debating with.

Any negativity towards the team at the moment is, I believe, coming from anti Pearson supporters. It's killing them that they can't criticise the Manager, so they're turning on a player instead.

Bore off

So Wood's barren spell is ok because he had an injury for a few weeks? I can pull out exactly the same argument as you. Nugent was injured for Longer than Wood was, as well. Another flaw in your argument, out of the last 9 months he wouldn't have played a competitive game for 3 months of that either (11 weeks if we're being pedantic.).... February, March April, he was poor. Scored both games he played for us in May. June, July, no games, August, September, October, been below par, granted, but still top scorer.

Believe it or not. Players are judged over a season, (For me anyway, just like the team will be on their final league position) and in his two seasons here he has been top scorer.

Boom!

No, I open my eyes when I watch football :)

I don't just watch, pass, pass, pass, goal.

I try to look out for, pass, positioning, movement off the ball, movement on the ball, vision, determination.

Nugent is some of those, but not most, Passing he is good, finishing he shows sparks of brilliance but average most of the time, Positioning is normally woeful, but he gets so many chances he looks ok, Movement on the ball is good, off the ball ok. Vision is terrible, determination is terrible.

lol  lol  lol Yeah, his vision is so terrible he's 7th in the assists table for the division.

I thought kingfox was clueless and one-eyed, but you've managed to usurp his position.

As I said, good for the team, for the fans, for me.

but for me personally on foxestalk, Train wreck  :thumbup:

Not that it bothers me, I enjoy the banter anyway or I wouldn't come on here.

Bit of a debate never harmed anybody, people take it too personally unfortunately and choose to use any excuse to dwell on past quotes and comments.

All good fun  :)

Ohhhh the irony.

Can you count? 

Apologies, 7 1/2 months. not sure where 6 months come from with you? did you not count january?

Hang on, confused. You said the season ends in may (Well mid may)

Nugent scored goals in the playoffs yes.. but he wasn't electrifying.. we looked lethargic, 

so that's 4 and a half months right? 

then august - almost November (Not counting November) is august, September, October,

So give or take a week or two, its 7 and a half months,

If we want to really nit pick

we could say he scored 2 goals in january and 1 late late december (Which is amazing)

And we could go all the way back to his previous goal. 

which was the first game in december...

so really we could say his hot form finished december 1st? and since december 1st has scored 8 from open play. 

On that same scale,

Wood since singing in january had scored 11 goals BEFORE this season started... 

Apologies, 7 1/2 months. not sure where 6 months come from with you? did you not count january?

Nugent scored goals in the playoffs yes.. but he wasn't electrifying.. we looked lethargic, 

then august - almost November (Not counting November) is august, September, October,

we could say he scored 2 goals in january and 1 late late december (Which is amazing)

so really we could say his hot form finished december 1st? and since december 1st has scored 8 from open play. 

On that same scale,

Why are you counting January? He scored twice in January, one of them being on the 31st of January, so how are you including that? He scored twice v Derby (off the bench as well), none in the next game, then no-one scored for 3 games, and then Nugent scored again. From memory he scored more than anyone in December and bagged 2 in 4 games in January - Cup games don't count remember. So for you to count January in this thing, is a joke.

He also missed a penalty so they can't be that easy to score. You should give Nugent more credit.  :ph34r:

lol

lol  lol  lol Yeah, his vision is so terrible he's 7th in the assists table for the division.

I thought kingfox was clueless and one-eyed, but you've managed to usurp his position.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/DivisionalAssists/0,,10794~20137,00.html

4 assists... 

Which to be fair is quite good.. Agreed.. Doesnt excuse his poor vision, So many times he can play passes through or make runs into channels and doesnt.

cityfanlee = WUM

Has to be a WUM as his argument is so flawed it's untrue. Nugent > Wood all day ATM not only in terms of performances and goals but in visible attitude aswell.

I respect your opinion, cant agree though.... 

Prefer wood.. 

Chris wood 11 goals since january from open play

Nugent 8 since december 1st..

wood was taking penalties before his poor form/injury

another "If" which I know is irrelevant, would put CW on 17 in 18 apps... but it doesnt so nevermind. 

For me CW over nuge

On that same scale,

I don't know why I'm entertaining you, but how many league goals has Wood scored between 12th January and now?

I'll give you a clue, it's between 3 and 5. He's also got less assists.

Pretty similar record to your friend Nugent.

Why are you counting January? He scored twice in January, one of them being on the 31st of January, so how are you including that?

lol

Because he scored the goal in january =/ thats why im counting it.. you know.. when his poor form started.. he played 4 games in january out of 4...

He was subbed off in all 4 games.. 

He was poor all of january! he's been poor since the turn of the year...

Because he scored 2 goals although goals are goals and he done well to score, He played poorly 

Source - I was there watching him..

Wood scored 5 in january, shall we not count them then? 

Because he scored the goal in january =/ thats why im counting it.. you know.. when his poor form started.. he played 4 games in january out of 4...

He was subbed off in all 4 games.. 

He was poor all of january! he's been poor since the turn of the year...

Because he scored 2 goals although goals are goals and he done well to score, He played poorly 

Source - I was there watching him..

Wood scored 5 in january, shall we not count them then? 

You're just talking nonsense now.

Fück it, drop Nugent, drop Vardy, send Wood out on loan, sacrifice a goat, and let's get Barry Hayles back on a pay-as-you-play deal.

That has promotion written all over it.

You bunch of miserable cûnts.

We're 2nd in the league, we've opened up a little gap ahead of the chasing pack.

Nugent's looking a bit better now especially in open play - he'll go on a little run now I think, so you can all crawl back under your mum's staircase, listen to the matches on your stolen radio, you day-tripping pricks.

Regards.

Lee read this. Then **** off and support Forest.

Archived