Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kitchandro

Fulham at home, League Cup

Not with Arsenal v Chelsea on. There's other games that will interest them more.

Anyway, that Fulham fan that said he can't hear us over their 13 consecutive premier league years on their forum. Well done. But what have you ever achieved? lol

I'd rather be out the league for that long than have support as dull as theirs. Worst in the Premier.

Fulham are a well-run club with good players, so we'd be stupid to think it will be easy. But FFS let's hope NP decides to give it a go - get through to the last eight and we can start to dream. Yeah, I know it's only a dream. But last season Swansea won the League Cup and Wigan won the FA Cup, so I can dream, can't I?

Wigan lost that bloke to Everton. Chelsea relied on shevchenko and lampard to get past us then which happebed to be our relegation season. We also beat Villa. The examples perhaps arnt the greatest but I wrote it off the top of my head whilst driving lol

They lost a bit more than that lol

But the side they played against Burton wasn't dissimilar to that, although they didn't have Berbatov. I agree regarding us needing to be at full strength though.

Indeed they are taking it seriously, as I've said already they have a habit of not turning up on occasion especially away from home players like Taarabt and Berbatov might decide they just can't be arsed so I wouldn't say we have no chance. Anyone who thinks they aren't a capable side especially in comparison to us needs to give themselves a shake though. Might not be fashionable and might not be huge but they've got some very good international quality players. And now they've got what is one of the easiest draws left in the competition standing between them and a quarter final, with Liverpool gone and Arsenal or Chelsea to definitely follow, I don't think their going to start resting players now.

Us on the other hand I can see rolling out a dire team, again, and if we do we'll get beat. Heavily.

If anyone thinks they'll bring over 800 is gonna be disappointed. They're honestly like Charlton or Leyton Orient when it comes to away support. They're 13 seasons in the premier league doesn't make them bigger then us. Our attendances in the championship and league 1 shit all over theirs. Our away following is massively better then theirs. They got lucky having money at the right time. Chelsea are the biggest club in Fulham.

Winnable draw, I'll take it.

Plus this is a great one for all you "concentrate on the league, promotion is everything" type weirdos as if both clubs put out proper sides it'll be a decent test of how capable we are against top flight opposition.

Why does it matter how we fare against top flight opponents? If we go up then it's almost certain that our we'll make significant signings that will change the team. Cup matches are hardly a barometer of how we would perform over a season in the PL anyway, cup matches are anomalies - that's why you see upsets every season.

I think it's a good tie because it's both winnable AND if we do lose, player confidence shouldn't be affected too much and fans shouldn't :whistle: get on their backs too much for it. I'm never keen on easy draws against lower league teams for that very reason. If the club are sensible and price it around £15-18 then they might get a decent turn out.

Like lots have already said, if we put out our strongest side we'll give them a good run out. it could end with us winning quite comfortably (maybe 2-0) & the confidence that'll give the squad will be immense!! Come on you blue foxes  :scarf:  :scarf:

Archived