Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kitchandro

Fulham at home, League Cup

If we got either Man Utd, Arsenal, Man City, Chelsea, Spurs it would be a glamour tie. Then Birmingham, Burnley we'd have a genuine chance of getting to the quarters. So as Sunderland & Southampton had already gone, we had a 7 in 13 chance of getting a 'good' tie. Instead we picked one of the 6 poor ones - Newcastle, Fulham, West Ham, Norwich, Stoke or Hull.

Tbh though out the bad 6 Id of rather had Fulham over any of the rest...I think West Ham or Newcastle would be harder and Stoke, Hull and Norwich are awful. So possibly the best of a bad bunch IMO

No not the worst mate, Southampton hull away?

Think they're all on a par to be honest although I wanted an away one lol

My instinct is that it's awful (and it is, so dull once again) but I don't know, it could've been harder.

Right, Leicester, sort it out, get a good crowd in.

Looking at the draw, we look the only tie that could have a shock in it.

On the tickets for this, i think the club should do a speical deal for both season ticket holders and fans who attended the last three league cup ties. 

say..

Season Ticket Holders who attended the early league cup ties- £5! or possibly bring a friend for free something like that.

Season Ticket holders- £10

Fans who attended the early league cup ties (non season ticket holders)- £10

Normal tickets: £15-£20

Also I hate to break it to the "please give us good ticket prices and we'll get a good crowd" brigade but you couldn't be more wrong. 

Firstly the club see Fulham (Premier League) and are immediately thinking "hmmm, how much more can we charge now we're playing a Premier League team?!?!" And secondly, even if it was cheap nobody really gives a shit about playing Fulham, they're not a big draw, it'll be a cold Tuesday night and nobody will go even if it is cheap. 

Sorry. 

About 10,000 there and we'll get walked all over. West Brom 4-1 a few years ago springs to mind. 

In fairness, look at the team we put out that night.

• 13 Logan
  • 02 Neilson (Lamey 70)
  • 04 Morrison
  • 05 Miguel Vitoryellow card
  • 15 Berner
  • 10 King (Fryatt 67)
  • 11 Dyer (Wellens 54)
  • 22 Abe
  • 23 Moussa
  • 07 Gallagher
  • 09 Howard

They're in the bottom three and it took penalties for them to knock out Burton. Yes it's a tough draw, but it's not too bad.

Every draw would've been tough, we'd get a Premier League side, Burnley who've had the same start as us or Birmingham who knocked out the in-form holders comfortably tonight.

Winnable draw, I'll take it.

Plus this is a great one for all you "concentrate on the league, promotion is everything" type weirdos as if both clubs put out proper sides it'll be a decent test of how capable we are against top flight opposition.

It's strange how people give that line then complain when the team who's put us out get Manchester United or Arsenal away in the next round.

Archived