Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kitchandro

Fulham at home, League Cup

I'm not sure about this. Look at the three sides that went up.  Cardiff have spent over £30million on new players, Crystal Palace over £15m and got in 16?? new players, Hull spent quite a bit and brought in 11 new players. None of this suggests that the managers of these clubs thought the squad that got them promoted last season would be anywhere near good enough to even stay up let alone do anything better. Players they have allowed to leave have mostly dropped back down to the Championship. The gap is getting bigger and this will only increase with the increased spending power available to these clubs.

Personally I think this is a great draw for us.if we are serious about going up then Fulham, a club we would do well to match in their success in staying in the Premier League, are an excellent test for us as this exactly the type of side we would need to beat to have any chance of staying up.

I hope we play a full strength team as we could learn a lot from this about how we are progressing. I don't know what sort of team they will send but they will, rightly, be favourites to win and we have nothing to lose. Whatever team they play though we need to be at our best and they probably need to be 10% off for us to have a decent chance of going through.

We beat Norwich the other season. Gave Chelsea a right run for their money in 07, we were unbeaten against Southampton and hull in their promotion seasons. We thrashed Blackburn last season and comfortably beat Wigan this season. And that's just our results. I personally don't think the gulf is that huge.

We should play our full team, this is the kind of tie that will test us if we are aspiring to be in the Premier League next season. A win against a well established PL club should see where we really stand against others and give us some buoyancy coming off 5 league games against 'weaker teams' going into a few harder games against Watford and Forest .

Billy McKinley is their First Team coach so he might have some insider information on us to share.

Will be a difficult game, hope that City give some concessions to the fans, best chance of getting through given the quality of the Premier sides left in. Fulham dont usually take many fans away but i reckon 2000 of them will come to the KP.

#keepthefaith

Err this is Fulham the same premiership team that has to advertise cheaper tickets on local radio stations in London yes Heart and Capital, in order to get a decent crowd in at Craven Cottage. They will bring at the very most about 1000 fans for this. Poorly supported London Team.

No way will tickets for this be any cheaper they will be the same price as against Derby, or even more because they are a Premiership team. As some posters have already said they are an established premier league team and if we wish to go up and compete week in week out against teams like this it will be a good test IF we play our first team.

I fear we will not though and go out with a wimper.

lol They really won't. 

Depends.

Just seen the side they put out against Everton was pretty much full strength. Pearson starts messing around with the stiffs as he has done in the previous three rounds it could be a blood bath. If go full strength we might stand an outside chance Fulham do fail to turn up sometimes.

they are not a very good team. i cant understand why so many fans are shitting themselves. very winnable espescially as they will rest players as they in relegation scrap

Relegation scrap.You do realise it's the start of the season and you could say 6 pts off a champions league place.

We beat Norwich the other season. Gave Chelsea a right run for their money in 07, we were unbeaten against Southampton and hull in their promotion seasons. We thrashed Blackburn last season and comfortably beat Wigan this season. And that's just our results. I personally don't think the gulf is that huge.

Its noticeable, huge might be an exaggeration. Cup upsets happen every year and besides Norwhich Your examples aren't great either that Chelsea side rested key players, Blackburn and Wigan both lost players on getting relegated. Southampton and Hull both added players after gaining promotion.

they are not a very good team. i cant understand why so many fans are shitting themselves. very winnable espescially as they will rest players as they in relegation scrap

Fulham
  • 13 Stockdale
  • 03 Riise (Amorebieta - 64' )
  • 04 Senderos
  • 05 Hangeland
  • 22 Zverotic
  • 11 Kacaniklic
  • 14 Karagounis
  • 19 Taarabt (Bent - 65' )
  • 28 Parker Booked
  • 08 Kasami
  • 09 Berbatov

Yeah their rubbish, and that's definitely a reserve side

Fulham

• 13 Stockdale
  • 03 Riise (Amorebieta - 64' )
  • 04 Senderos
  • 05 Hangeland
  • 22 Zverotic
  • 11 Kacaniklic
  • 14 Karagounis
  • 19 Taarabt (Bent - 65' )
  • 28 Parker Booked
  • 08 Kasami
  • 09 Berbatov

Yeah their rubbish, and that's definitely a reserve side

Totally agree Manwell,no wonder we have a bit of a reputation of being arrogant fans and disliked.Some always give it the big un thinking we are better than what we are( we have proved that) it will be tough,we will have to be on top of our game.That squad of Fulhams is much much better than ours.Some on here are deluded,other teams fans dislike us and I'm agreeing with them,I cringe when I read some things. Embarrassing !

Reading their forum and they think they're a bigger club then us !!! Haha behave, probably the smallest, boring club in london. They'll be lucky to bring over 300 and that's not even mocking them. Their away support is on par with Blackburn or Wigan.

13 consecutive seasons in the PL make them a bigger club as far as I'm concerned.

Its noticeable, huge might be an exaggeration. Cup upsets happen every year and besides Norwhich Your examples aren't great either that Chelsea side rested key players, Blackburn and Wigan both lost players on getting relegated. Southampton and Hull both added players after gaining promotion.

Wigan lost that bloke to Everton. Chelsea relied on shevchenko and lampard to get past us then which happebed to be our relegation season. We also beat Villa. The examples perhaps arnt the greatest but I wrote it off the top of my head whilst driving lol

Fulham

• 13 Stockdale
  • 03 Riise (Amorebieta - 64' )
  • 04 Senderos
  • 05 Hangeland
  • 22 Zverotic
  • 11 Kacaniklic
  • 14 Karagounis
  • 19 Taarabt (Bent - 65' )
  • 28 Parker Booked
  • 08 Kasami
  • 09 Berbatov

Yeah their rubbish, and that's definitely a reserve side

But the side they played against Burton wasn't dissimilar to that, although they didn't have Berbatov. I agree regarding us needing to be at full strength though.

Wigan lost that bloke to Everton. Chelsea relied on shevchenko and lampard to get past us then which happebed to be our relegation season. We also beat Villa. The examples perhaps arnt the greatest but I wrote it off the top of my head whilst driving lol

I think the gap is as big as it ever has been. Teams going up now spending vast amounts of money to even stand a chance of going up. Look at how QPR are getting on. This is a competitive division but the Prem is a big step up, with far greater quality.

I think the gap is as big as it ever has been. Teams going up now spending vast amounts of money to even stand a chance of going up. Look at how QPR are getting on. This is a competitive division but the Prem is a big step up, with far greater quality.

QPR were shambolically run.

Swansea and Norwich have gone up and done absolutely fine without breaking the bank.

Bet sky will snatch this and crucify the attendance. Good for me bit bad for the club

Not with Arsenal v Chelsea on. There's other games that will interest them more.

Anyway, that Fulham fan that said he can't hear us over their 13 consecutive premier league years on their forum. Well done. But what have you ever achieved? lol

I think a lot of this will come down to confidence.

We have a real chance of picking up some points in our next 5 games. Barnsley, Yeovil, Doncaster, Huddersfield, Bournemouth. If we can come out of these games on a decent run of form I don't see why we cant have a real good go with our full strength side out.

Fulham are very inconsistent with players like Taarabt, Berbatov, Ruiz only turning up when they feel like it. If they come here on the back of a poor run in the league or if we can snatch an early goal players like these will start to loose their heads.

Going to be a very tough game, but I cant wait for it.

Archived