Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kitchandro

Fulham at home, League Cup

Winnable draw, I'll take it.

Plus this is a great one for all you "concentrate on the league, promotion is everything" type weirdos as if both clubs put out proper sides it'll be a decent test of how capable we are against top flight opposition.

Valid points.

Who fancy's N block then?

Just what I wanted. Fulham are a mid-table Premiership side which, if we're all honest, is where we're dreaming of being this time next year.

If, assuming we put out the first team ourselves, we give a good account of ourselves and either win or take it to extra time / pens, that'll be all the confirmation I need that we're ready to go up.

They have Yanited at home following our game and I think they play the Sat eve before. Not sure if this will alter Jol's selection.

Fulham are likely to stay up. They'd probably prefer to beat us and have a chance of a trophy than play a full strength side against United that they'd probably lose anyway.

Not slagging us off am I? They've got a good side, if they play to their best they'll rip us apart, end of story.

We're a decent championship side but it's quite a step up to play against players of that quality.

They won't "rip us apart".

A win is a win. shite draw or not.

Confidence will grow.

Remember last nights match, we were losing - I wanted us to win - peeps on here were fooking moaning like hell till we won..

You know what, we might have a great season with cup runs and promotion.

If we go up, this is the sort of team we need to be looking at taking points from, I'd hope we show no fear in that type of game and same for this.

My thoughts exactly.

Also, Jol's been under a fair bit of pressure at Fulham from what I've heard. We're at home and if we can get a good crowd in & our team play as well as they can, I know that we'll more than give them a game and it could be a great cup tie.

Nah, I see Pearson putting out a decent team for this one. He'll respect Fulham far more than Derby, though Fulham are unlikely to show us the same respect. I think it'll be a largely first XI from us and a 'squad' team from Fulham. 

The crowd will be about the same, 15,000 maximum with a tiny following from West London, but I don't see us being stuffed.

Think if we have cheaper tickets Fulham will bring loads.Think they paid over £50 at Chelsea.so will make a change to have a cheap away day,probably at a new ground.

This game will be tough.Just look at their squad ,as you say don't think we will be stuffed but our fans honestly do think we are better than we are sometimes.Will have to be on top form for this.

Reading their forum and they think they're a bigger club then us !!! Haha behave, probably the smallest, boring club in london. They'll be lucky to bring over 300 and that's not even mocking them. Their away support is on par with Blackburn or Wigan.

really 300! Add a nought I expect I will be nearer than you.

The gap between the very top of the championship and the bottom of the prem has closed significantly in recent years. Id love knockaert to tear them a new one

I'm not sure about this. Look at the three sides that went up.  Cardiff have spent over £30million on new players, Crystal Palace over £15m and got in 16?? new players, Hull spent quite a bit and brought in 11 new players. None of this suggests that the managers of these clubs thought the squad that got them promoted last season would be anywhere near good enough to even stay up let alone do anything better. Players they have allowed to leave have mostly dropped back down to the Championship. The gap is getting bigger and this will only increase with the increased spending power available to these clubs.

Personally I think this is a great draw for us.if we are serious about going up then Fulham, a club we would do well to match in their success in staying in the Premier League, are an excellent test for us as this exactly the type of side we would need to beat to have any chance of staying up.

I hope we play a full strength team as we could learn a lot from this about how we are progressing. I don't know what sort of team they will send but they will, rightly, be favourites to win and we have nothing to lose. Whatever team they play though we need to be at our best and they probably need to be 10% off for us to have a decent chance of going through.

Obviously it's not a glamour tie, pretty much the theme of our recent league cup matches over the last few years but it's a game that we should go in to with a chance. Don't underestimate their squad, they are a very good team but a poor team on the road. We have Watford away the saturday after and then Forest at home so we've got big games coming up. This could be a platform for those big games or have our kegs down.

A result within 90 minutes and hopefully a win.

Archived