Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hackneyfox

Dyer wants another contract

A different option against Prem teams?

That's one way of putting it.

We're a business not a charity, should we make the Premier I'd hope that a lot of the current squad would be surplus to requirements.

Certainly can't disagree with that.

Players do have to be judged on merit and whether they are worth what they are being paid, you can't pay someone 10k a week just because they are good to have around the dressing room.

A court jester would be far cheaper.

Is it any wonder a lot of players show no loyalty to clubs when the fans speak about them like we see here?

I must be living in a parallel universe to a lot of you because not only do I highly rate Dyer as a  player, he's also someone who is hugely proud to wear our shirt.

I absolutely love the bloke.

Certainly can't disagree with that.

Players do have to be judged on merit and whether they are worth what they are being paid, you can't pay someone 10k a week just because they are good to have around the dressing room.

A court jester would be far cheaper.

I dunno, we paid a king's ransom for three of those! Thankfully all three jokers are now at Bolton.

Is it any wonder a lot of players show no loyalty to clubs when the fans speak about them like we see here?

I must be living in a parallel universe to a lot of you because not only do I highly rate Dyer as a player, he's also someone who is hugely proud to wear our shirt.

I absolutely love the bloke.

Agreed, everyone bangs on about loyalty of players and when one shows some, we want rid of him!

Would love him to stay on, because on his day he can change a game and we haven't too many of those types of players at our club at present. I agree he can be so frustrating, but if he had a really good end product he wouldn't be playing for us anyway. Not sure about a coaching role, can you coach people to run very fast???????

I hope he realises that he'll have to take a pay cut. If he does then he's definitely worth at least another year.

To those saying he couldn't play a part in the Premiership, yes he could. Dyer isn't where he is on pure footballing ability, he's there because of his raw pace and his attitude. No matter how good a defender is, if Dyer gets a run at him and knocks the ball and goes, 99% of the time it will be no contest.

Who's to say his pace will go in the next few years? It hasn't shown any signs of going in the past few.

I hope Pearson rewards loyalty and hard work like this and shows other players how to earn a new contract. We know he's not a world beater and certainly wouldn't get anywhere near a Leicester Premier League side. We've talked about his pros and cons to death but he's a valuable player.

Sign him up.

Well said mate:) give him another deal he's done more good than bad in a city shirt always committed:) love Lloyd me :)

I hope he realises that he'll have to take a pay cut. If he does then he's definitely worth at least another year.

To those saying he couldn't play a part in the Premiership, yes he could. Dyer isn't where he is on pure footballing ability, he's there because of his raw pace and his attitude. No matter how good a defender is, if Dyer gets a run at him and knocks the ball and goes, 99% of the time it will be no contest.

This and I just hope he gets a taste of the Prem while with us. Matt Jarvis has made a career out of the exact same thing AND got a cap for it.

This and I just hope he gets a taste of the Prem while with us. Matt Jarvis has made a career out of the exact same thing AND got a cap for it.

Jarvis has two feet and can cross a ball. As fast as Dyer is, I can't see him making a huge impact in the Premier League. Defending isn't all about pace, it's about positioning and timing. Dyer is hit and miss in this league and as much as I love him, the PL is a huge step up and his one trick will soon be nullified by opposition defences.

I am astounded at the kinda sh*t our fans give Lloyd.

Ok I am one of the biggest Dyer fans and Im not going to say 'hes technicaqlly the best player weve ever had' or anything like that. But for people to say things like 'hes ONLY got pace' is absolutely pathetic football knowledge and the kinda 'sheep' opinion that goes around with people who know nothing about football.

He has scored a hell of a lot of goals for us for a winger, and some cracking ones as well. His technique is actually very good and better than most in our league.

I am almost certain that he could do a job in the prem and knock in a couple of goals for us. We should give him a new 2 year contract. If he was a big ego'd w*nker like Mills Id say that, the fact hes actually the most loyal and classy bloke we have as well it seems inconceivable that anyone would think different.

I am astounded at the kinda sh*t our fans give Lloyd.

Ok I am one of the biggest Dyer fans and Im not going to say 'hes technicaqlly the best player weve ever had' or anything like that. But for people to say things like 'hes ONLY got pace' is absolutely pathetic football knowledge and the kinda 'sheep' opinion that goes around with people who know nothing about football.

He has scored a hell of a lot of goals for us for a winger, and some cracking ones as well. His technique is actually very good and better than most in our league..

I'm sorry mate but that last line just isn't true. His technique is not very good at all. How many times have you seen him stand on the wing and just whip the ball into the box? Very rarely because he's just not capable of it. He beats his man with pace, and once that is no longer possible then I don't see him being much use. Also, his right foot is just for standing really. As for his goals, well he's averaging 3 in the championship per season, and it should be more given how often he finds himself in decent positions.

I love Lloyd to bits and I don't like to criticise him because he can absolutely terrorise defences "on his day", but his game is built on his pace and he will struggle when (not if, it's human nature to be weaker physically as we age) it goes.

Archived