Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hackneyfox

Dyer wants another contract

I don't rate him much but he's a character that will never rock the boat and moan if he's not picked and he's the sort of safe squad filler you need at clubs. Frustrating as hell, but he wins us a good 5-8 points a season with his goals and scuffed crosses.

Who's to say his pace will go in the next few years? It hasn't shown any signs of going in the past few.

I hope Pearson rewards loyalty and hard work like this and shows other players how to earn a new contract. We know he's not a world beater and certainly wouldn't get anywhere near a Leicester Premier League side. We've talked about his pros and cons to death but he's a valuable player.

Sign him up.

Who's to say his pace will go in the next few years? It hasn't shown any signs of going in the past few.

I hope Pearson rewards loyalty and hard work like this and shows other players how to earn a new contract. We know he's not a world beater and certainly wouldn't get anywhere near a Leicester Premier League side. We've talked about his pros and cons to death but he's a valuable player.

Sign him up.

It's something to bare in mind and therefore i'd only offer him a years deal and if after another year he's still in decent nick then offer him another year. This has been Ferguson's and Wengers policy for years with far more established and superior players than Lloyd.

It's something to bare in mind and therefore i'd only offer him a years deal and if after another year he's still in decent nick then offer him another year. This has been Ferguson's and Wengers policy for years with far more established and superior players than Lloyd.

Yea that's fair enough and seems sensible.

He's just so one-footed that he's only going to run past a defender one way.

I'm not sure if that's entirely true now. He used to always run down the left flank but there have been a few occasions where he's come inside and found a decent pass which has resulted in a decent chance or a goal (like Birmingham at home earlier this season). Obviously I agree about how one footed he is though.

One of the games that summed up Lloyd was Bolton at home last season. People were getting frustrated with him more or less from the first whistle of that game and continued to do so right up until he won us that penalty although he did always look like one of our main attacking threats. The goal he scored just after our penalty showed the best side of Lloyd Dyer. Then later on in the second half, he had a shot that nearly went out for a throw, that summed up his worst side. lol

Still a very useful player to have at the squad and in fact one of our only proper wingers at the club right now so I'd definitely consider keeping him on. The fact that he's always shown a real affinity with the club makes me want to keep him even more, it's really nice to see that.

Still a tidy Championship player. He's never gonna set the world alight but on his day he can still torment defences, and he still provides a consistent, if unspectacular, goal/assist return. In a time where people lament the lack of loyalty in football, we should be happy that one of our longest serving players is willing to see out his career with us, especially when he's still proving his usefulness. 

Nice to see a player committed, would happily give him another year.

People knock him a lot and he isn't the most talented but he does create chances by hook or by crook.

Can see him slipping in front of the back four when his pace goes into the 'regista' role that a Xavi or Riquelme plays.

Lloyd seems to get little to no credit from a lot of our fans for the immense contribution he has made to our club since his arrival.

And in addition to all the good work he has done he is a genuinely committed loyal servant to our club who epitomizes all any fan could wish for in a member of their side, selected or not.

I'm delighted to hear he want to end his career at our club, and would sign him up in an instant.

Nice to see a player committed, would happily give him another year.

People knock him a lot and he isn't the most talented but he does create chances by hook or by crook.

Can see him slipping in front of the back four when his pace goes into the 'regista' role that a Xavi or Riquelme plays.

Blimey!

You need talent to be a playmaker, and having 2 feet would help.

Archived