Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hackneyfox

Dyer wants another contract

I like dyer, would class touch and finish one minute, and the next minute the touch of a rhino.

Got to love the bloke for his commitment to our club, I would give him a contract to the end of his career, and when his legs do go give him a coaching job, a good professional to have around the younger lads.

Like I say he's never been the best player at the club, and agree his pace is his only real attribute, but his loyalty, and passion is commendable, and deserves a bit of recognition.

He's technically a poor footballer and that makes it very hard to maintain your ability once you get older, but it's very refreshing to have someone around with a genuine desire to play for the club. I can't bring myself to dislike the bloke regardless of how frustrating he is.

A frequently effective player and a model professional. I trust Nigel's judgement regarding a contract but I have nothing but goodwill for Lloyd, arguably our most successful signing this side of the millennium.

He is a model professional I'd disagree with the claim that he's our most successful signing since 2000.

Not for me we don't, we should wait till the end of the season or when we know which division we'll be playing in next season.

Premier and no contract, Championship an offer of a years extension.

Great attitude! loyal servant, always gives 100% and you want to basically bin him off. You would be the first to cry when a player wants out. Double standards.

I've never heard Dyer speak in 6 years. Does he have a high pitched voice (how I imagine him to) or a deep scary voice (which would be hilarious).

I think he's given one interview, and from what I can remember it was a quite strong brummy accent.

He is a model professional I'd disagree with the claim that he's our most successful signing since 2000.

I possibly would too, but there's an argument based on his low cost, longevity, promotions/playoff campaigns, lack of controversy, injuries and suspensions and so on.

Jesus, people on here are constantly moaning about how footballers act nowadays. With Lloyd we have a true professional who loves the club and gives everything he's got every game.

I'm sure if Walsh, Taggart, Elliott etc played for us now people would moan about them. Football fans today are a joke.

Jesus, people on here are constantly moaning about how footballers act nowadays. With Lloyd we have a true professional who loves the club and gives everything he's got every game.

I'm sure if Walsh, Taggart, Elliott etc played for us now people would moan about them. Football fans today are a joke.

The joke is comparing Dyer to Walsh, Taggart or Elliott.

Lloyd deserves a crack at the prem. Look at Nathan Dyer he wasn't exactly amazing in the Champ but took the prem by storm.

No!

To be fair he deserves everything he gets out the game because his attitude is exemplary.

The idea that we could get promoted and not bring in enough new players that Dyer isn't replaced is scary, we'd do a Derby.

At most I'd give him a 12 month extension, once his pace goes he'll be awful.

Should we get promoted I wouldn't offer him one.

Miserable git.

In that interview he said he wanted to end his career here by playing in the Premiership. If that happened, the least we could do is offer him a contract! He may not be blessed with bags of skills, but would be a different option against Prem teams.

While he's still got his pace he will be an asset for us, and I imagine that he'll get a one year deal regardless of what division we're in. I'd hate to see Lloyd give us six years of fantastic service and loyalty, helping us return to the PL, only for us to release him.

Unfortunately he will lose his pace at some point, it could easily be next season if he were to pick up an injury, and his career in the Championship will be pretty much over. Until then though, I want him to stay. It's brilliant to have players like Lloyd.

Archived