Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Chris Wood

Seems a bit of a forgotten man at the moment. With Vardy playing well and Nuge scoring goals is Wood actually now 3rd choice striker? If so could he be a potential problem in the dressing room? He does strike me as a bit of a sulker, only based on what he looks like on the pitch.

Does anybody think he still has a big part to plau for us?

Nugent & Vardy won't play every game, Schlupp looks lost at the moment so there's still a place for Wood unless GTF gets himself fit in which case Wood may be 4th choice but there's every likelyhood that all 4 strikers will get to play a number of games as the season progresses.

If Wood isn't up to it we'll need a replacement in January.

I think he will have a big part to play still and I also don't think he is as much of a sulker as some think, mainly as Pearson keeps reiterating about us having a squad of players who want to be here. Vardy has started excellently this season, but he may get injured/lose form and there is still a long way to go. Last season it was Wood and Nugent with bloody Harry Kane 3rd choice, so I am much more confident this season with Wood, Vardy and Nugent.

I think he will have a big part to play still and I also don't think he is as much of a sulker as some think, mainly as Pearson keeps reiterating about us having a squad of players who want to be here. Vardy has started excellently this season, but he may get injured/lose form and there is still a long way to go. Last season it was Wood and Nugent with bloody Harry Kane 3rd choice, so I am much more confident this season with Wood, Vardy and Nugent.

Yeah ignore the bit about him being a sulker, its really based on very little lol

If he ran around as much as Vardy, he'd probably have 10+ goals by now with all the chances. He can certainly finish.

I don't like to see him on the bench, but Nuge or Vardy both don't deserve to be benched. But I dont like 3 up front. I'd start him for Fulham probably. 

If he ran around as much as Vardy, he'd probably have 10+ goals by now with all the chances. He can certainly finish.

I don't like to see him on the bench, but Nuge or Vardy both don't deserve to be benched. But I dont like 3 up front. I'd start him for Fulham probably. 

this completely, Id have him start for fulham and let vardy unleash fresh on the league with a rest under his belt...

Wood has had 1 exceptional game in 7/8 months... Not good enough ATM ..

However he can finish and on his day is classy.. Not sure what to do with him... Could vardy play the wing role???

Let's be honest vardy should have scored plenty more than he has so far... Play knocky down the centre feeding the strikers, vardy on with wing with dyer on the other, Kingy cm... 

Vardy can outpace anyone in this league, and his workrate is the best ive seen in a long long long while from a city player, could make a handy winger

I'd expect him to be first choice again by Christmas. Unless Vardy finds his scoring boots there's going to come a time where we need a striker who can be relied upon for goals and Wood is that man.

Last season is happening all over again isn't it lol

Guest MattP

I'd expect him to be first choice again by Christmas. Unless Vardy finds his scoring boots there's going to come a time where we need a striker who can be relied upon for goals and Wood is that man.

Vardy creates so much I think it would be unwise to drop him. I'd love to go back over the start of this year and see how many goals have came from him winning a set piece, corner or throw in in the final third. He's doing for us what Tevez does for top class sides.

He must have won three of the penalties.

Had a brilliant season last year he could be potentially our 1st choice striker but if the rumour about the fallout is true about going to Tenerife then he might of lost a lot of respect within the club and the management, regardless he will get a fair share of games this season.

Vardy creates so much I think it would be unwise to drop him. I'd love to go back over the start of this year and see how many goals have came from him winning a set piece, corner or throw in in the final third. He's doing for us what Tevez does for top class sides.

My thoughts exactly. There really is so much more to a forward than goals and we're not talking of some donkey who we just hoof it up to for 90 minutes here.

Wood, Nugent and Vardy as a flat three would be very interesting.

Last season is happening all over again isn't it lol

I think as the season progresses Wood will become more involved and once he finds the net again then Pearson won't drop him. Vardy has been brilliant so far in terms of his team play but in front of goal he's horse shit.

I agree with all what you're saying and i'm pleased for the lad but he won't score many at this level and there will come a time this season when the penalties dry up that we must rely upon a forward to score us crucial goals and that's Chris Wood.

I think as the season progresses Wood will become more involved and once he finds the net again then Pearson won't drop him. Vardy has been brilliant so far in terms of his team play but in front of goal he's horse shit.

I agree with all what you're saying and i'm pleased for the lad but he won't score many at this level and there will come a time this season when the penalties dry up that we must rely upon a forward to score us crucial goals and that's Chris Wood.

How many crutial goals has Chris Wood scored? Other than maybe Palace away he hasnt scored 1 crutial goal for us..3 in an easy round 2 cup victory...Vardy is a no brainer to start..last season we started great when he played..Wood is a decent finisher but nothing else. Vardy and Nugent 1st choice all season will promote us.

At this rate Nugent woud score 20+ and Vardy with his work rate and teamwork is worth his place specially when his 'few' goals are always important ones..2 points gained at Boro and changed the game vs Birmingham that we might of lost without his strike. He will score more as well, I reckon he will hit double figures.

Archived