Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Chris Wood

How many crutial goals has Chris Wood scored? Other than maybe Palace away he hasnt scored 1 crutial goal for us..3 in an easy round 2 cup victory...Vardy is a no brainer to start..last season we started great when he played..Wood is a decent finisher but nothing else. Vardy and Nugent 1st choice all season will promote us.

At this rate Nugent woud score 20+ and Vardy with his work rate and teamwork is worth his place specially when his 'few' goals are always important ones..2 points gained at Boro and changed the game vs Birmingham that we might of lost without his strike. He will score more as well, I reckon he will hit double figures.

So Wood will continue to only score goals that aren't crucial and all of Vardy's will be crucial?

Vardy & Nugent as first choice currently have us sitting 3rd and we've had a reasonably easy start, perhaps we should see how many we have scored in mid December when we've played teams at the top.

Personally I don't think Vardy is a natural finisher at this level, if te penalties dry up and Nugent doesn't start scoring from open play we may start to struggle.

So Wood will continue to only score goals that aren't crucial and all of Vardy's will be crucial?

Vardy & Nugent as first choice currently have us sitting 3rd and we've had a reasonably easy start, perhaps we should see how many we have scored in mid December when we've played teams at the top.

Personally I don't think Vardy is a natural finisher at this level, if te penalties dry up and Nugent doesn't start scoring from open play we may start to struggle.

Not necessarily but I do believe certain players are better at scoring goals at 'bigger' moments. I.E some struggle when the going gets tough and have to work harder but have no problem when in cruise control and its open when a team is commiting loads forward. Some might not be as clinical but can produce something when its tight and teams are in control of a game. 

I also disagree with the easier start thing. I dont disagree that 'on paper' we HAVE had an easier start, however I dont believe thats a reason for thinking it wouldnt work against others or that we're only 3rd because its been 'easy'. Firstly in the Championship, to have 7 wins 2 draws and 1 loss is a very good start, despite who we'd played. Secondly a team seen as poor 'Bolton' might be seen as a tough game come March(and opposite for someone like Burnley).  

End of day, its not who we play, its when we play them and the result.

I agree Vardy isnt a natural finisher and Wood is better in that respect, however as an entire player, Vardy is better than Wood. Just my opinion of course.

Don't think anyone should underestimate the importance of Wood playing an important part in our promotion bid. He is behind the team as ive seen some of his tweet's about wishing the lad's all the best etc which show's his enthusiasm for me. Only a matter of time before he will be involved again and he will score goal's no doubt in my mind.

He's an option. And he'll get a chance and probably a run at some point in the season. I hope he can keep his confidence up until that time because when he's on form he's possibly the best striker in the division. When he's in form...

Those questioning his attitude and calling him a sulker this is a guy who whilst he's injured has been listening to away games on the radio and putting up with stringer and youngy. That deserves a bit of respect in itself. I really don't think he is a sulker, a couple of rumours from last season have given a lot of fans that impression but I think it's the complete opposite. Just look at his tweets, always in support of the lads and isn't afraid to come out after a bad game and say himself that he needs to do better. A fully fit chris wood will score goals and will help us stay near the top of the league

Don't think anyone should underestimate the importance of Wood playing an important part in our promotion bid. He is behind the team as ive seen some of his tweet's about wishing the lad's all the best etc which show's his enthusiasm for me. Only a matter of time before he will be involved again and he will score goal's no doubt in my mind.

for future reference not every word ending in "s" requires an apostrophe

I might got shot down in flames here but I have a sneaky feeling that Wood will only shine at certain clubs. Those where he's 'a big fish in a smaller pond' kinda thing, and certainly where he's a regular starter.

I have an idea that Wood and LCFC might end up a little incompatible. Hope I'm wrong.

I love how people are casting off a youngster who managed to bag 20+ goals in this league last season on the basis of his post-January form in which virtually none of our players emerged with any credit.

If he was playing for somebody else and we were linked, glanced at his record and weighed things up, we'd be frothing for him to sign. He just never looked quite right after he picked up that knock and we rushed him back - hopefully now we aren't in a situation where we're desperate for other options up top he'll have ample rehabilitation time to recover from this latest injury and we won't throw him back into the mixer when he's not ready, we don't need to at this point.

And re :  the sulking - I want any striker who's not playing and scoring goals to be unhappy about it. If it doesn't serve to encourage them to up their game then they should find a new club. For what it's worth Wood seems a very grounded chap who I can imagine is frustrated but I can't see kicking up a huge fuss.

He has looked dreadful for us since Feb. If that were Beckford, he'd have been getting pelters. And for the record, I've never disliked a player more than Beckford, so I'm not suggesting I'd rather have him than Wood.

Wood needs to try harder, learn how to challenge for headers, and improve his first touch.

Archived