Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

Richie Wellens reception on Saturday

I will clap him, was a great player for us

Sorry, but he wasn't a 'great' player for us.  I appreciate it if you're too young to remember Muzzy, Lennon, Heskey, Cottee etc. but they were great players for us, they played in the top flight for most, if not all their time here, won trophies and played in Europe, in arguably our best ever side.  Wellens was an OK player, nothing more, not bad and certainly not great.

I'll clap him. He did well for the club, one of Nigel's better signings. Ok, his form may have varied during his last season (along with most of the squad), but he was one of the first name on the teamsheet's during his first two years here.

Going to be a tough game, Wellens knows exactly where we are poor and how we struggle, I'm sure he will be heavily involved in Doncasters match preparation for tomorrow. If we lose I will blame Wellens.

Going to be a tough game, Wellens knows exactly where we are poor and how we struggle, I'm sure he will be heavily involved in Doncasters match preparation for tomorrow. If we lose I will blame Wellens.

Really? why would he know any different to their management? and personally i don't think we are 'poor' in any position this season.

Paul Dickov should get a better reception

I'm obviously not one for singing for opposition employees at all, but Dickov is an absolute hero and still remains my favourite Leicester player. 'Theres only one Dickov...' maybe just once? It's a bit difficult to clap the managers.

Sorry, but he wasn't a 'great' player for us.  I appreciate it if you're too young to remember Muzzy, Lennon, Heskey, Cottee etc. but they were great players for us, they played in the top flight for most, if not all their time here, won trophies and played in Europe, in arguably our best ever side.  Wellens was an OK player, nothing more, not bad and certainly not great.

I agree he isn't a Leicester 'great' or legend with the players you have mentioned, but should be given a warm reception in his first game away from our club. He did well for us. Anyone booing... I don't see how it can be justified. Polite clap and a nod to what he did with us and move on. In 2 years we probably won't remember he played for us.

Good guy, tried his best when playing... he left under dubious circumstances but that's not really a reflection of his time with us

Good captain too, always tried to get everyone together, guided less experienced players on the pitch... 

And remember when he went down the tunnel with Schlupp when he was stretchered off at the City Ground during Sven's tenureship.

A polite applause & certainly no booing, hopefully... every player singled out for abuse seems to do well against us, so leave it at that.

agree it's going to be tough game

but "poor" & "struggle"

lol

Archived