Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Freeman's Wharfer

Our following today

Is it just me, or did anyone else notice a higher proportion of absolute numbskulls amongst our support this afternoon?

From standing in the pub listening to some horrid creature bragging about how she had 'terrorised' their taxi driver: "proper Lestoh bird me". The guy she was telling then explained how they had been throwing the head rests from theirs out of the window on the motorway. Hilarious.

Then to the ground I'm walking amongst several slurring skinhead chavs.

But in the ground... my God I have never stood in front of someone so clueless at a football match. From the 1st to the last minute a stream of negativity. When we're being patient and trying to find openings with the ball at feet he wants it in the box. When we stick it in the box he wants us to get it down. I knew the booing was coming at half time in a game where the difference between the two sides had been an individual error, as I did the slating of Andy King. Standard.

At full-time, to the toilets and some guy's spouting how he doesn't like Pearson and he's not playing Wood cos of a fall-out. The start to our season instantly forgotten and, in a game when neither side deserved to win, we've apparently been garbage. We weren't great but we've all seen worse.

Then on the walk back to the car some guy (with wife and kids) is crossing the road to start on some other guy who is with his wife and clearly not interested in any physical confrontation. The accusation was that this guy with his wife had been baiting the Leicester fan about the result but I despair if a grown man can't rise above that kind of thing, especially when with his family.

I know every club has them but it seems that all of ours came out in force today. Just me? Or did anyone else have a fairly poor day made worse by these kind of idiots?!

Feel sorry for you. Living in Cornwall I dont get to games that often but when I was at Yeovil in Tuesday heard similar bullshit and the last few games at the KP have been equally unpleasant. Coming back for the Bournemouth game and i've paid for a box so I dont have to listen to any bullshit like this. Its the last thing I want to hear if i'm doing a 10 hour round trip to see a game.

The "scuffle" occurred when one mindless middleaged "man" decided to shout black cu*t towards a donny player. Probably not realising not only do city have 8 black players in their squad they also have black fans. Some of them quite big. Unlucky to the bloke who shouted it. Guessing he won't be so mindless again.

Had an idiot near me today. Bloke in his early 40s accused a kid who looked about 20 of spitting on his head. If the kid did, it was purely accidental as he was signing a chant at the time, but the bloke wouldn't let it go. The kid apologised by saying sorry, to which the bloke responded 'you will be' and started staring him out before turning to his smug mate with a big grin on his face as if to say we're hard you don't mess with us. It really was pathetic, and a man of his age should know better.

Is it just me, or did anyone else notice a higher proportion of absolute numbskulls amongst our support this afternoon?

From standing in the pub listening to some horrid creature bragging about how she had 'terrorised' their taxi driver: "proper Lestoh bird me". The guy she was telling then explained how they had been throwing the head rests from theirs out of the window on the motorway. Hilarious.

Then to the ground I'm walking amongst several slurring skinhead chavs.

But in the ground... my God I have never stood in front of someone so clueless at a football match. From the 1st to the last minute a stream of negativity. When we're being patient and trying to find openings with the ball at feet he wants it in the box. When we stick it in the box he wants us to get it down. I knew the booing was coming at half time in a game where the difference between the two sides had been an individual error, as I did the slating of Andy King. Standard.

At full-time, to the toilets and some guy's spouting how he doesn't like Pearson and he's not playing Wood cos of a fall-out. The start to our season instantly forgotten and, in a game when neither side deserved to win, we've apparently been garbage. We weren't great but we've all seen worse.

Then on the walk back to the car some guy (with wife and kids) is crossing the road to start on some other guy who is with his wife and clearly not interested in any physical confrontation. The accusation was that this guy with his wife had been baiting the Leicester fan about the result but I despair if a grown man can't rise above that kind of thing, especially when with his family.

I know every club has them but it seems that all of ours came out in force today. Just me? Or did anyone else have a fairly poor day made worse by these kind of idiots?!

Fair enough about the majority of this post but the bit about the bloke with his wife is completely wrong. This Doncaster fan (absolute dickhead) was only with his wife and started giving it for no reason from the opposite side of the road about how they are absolute shit this season so what are we? Carried on for a good few minutes unprovoked until eventually a few people had enough and 2 blokes confronted him asking what his problem was. Then a little bit further down the road he started crying to a policeman about how Leicester fans were trying to fight him and it was an outrage. He shouldn't start giving out abuse for no reason if he can't take it back.

I got pushed by some twat when I was walking past him 30 seconds before the end of the game, and he started going on about loyal supporters. I had a train to catch and had a season ticket when I lived in ****ing Newcastle. Arsehole.

Did you let him know this?

Had some ****** next to me at Yeovil that kept shouting 'wayne' in a babyish accent to wayne Hennessey, and because hes welsh they were talking about sheep-shagging. Weirdly, they went into a lot of detail about what it would feel like with all the fur.

****** at every club mate, like someone else said ignore it and enjoy the day.

Archived