Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Racism at Doncaster?

Seems a bit inconsistent to take the moral high ground on what sounds like a very mild unfortunate slip of the tongue and then go on to physically attack the guy in front of his family.

You need to stop being so reasonable you bastard.

If true the chap is a twat, but to give them a kicking for what they said? You've no place to feel superior here - The idea that "we're beating this chap up, but we're better than him because we didn't abuse him" is ridiculous.

Don't really see how our fans beating each other up is going to cover the club in glory. I'm sure if Millwall fans were filmed fighting each other in the stands the media wouldn't investigate if someone had let slip a racial slur and the brawl was justified.

Just have a quiet word with a steward surely?

Love the moral superiority going on here. The worst of it is that those who treat this sort of comment (which is at worst a bit tasteless) with hysterical calls for violent retribution don't seem to realise that their excessive response is generally welcomed by nobody, least of all the subject of the jibe on whose behalf they have become vicariously offended.

"Racist" is an exceptionally charged word and it gets devalued by things like this. In fact, it is a term so overused these days as to make it virtually meaningless, precisely because it gets applied to situations like this one. Any word that can be applied to both the violent commodification and trade of human beings and a bloke shouting distasteful slurs at a sports player is probably not really very useful.

Love the moral superiority going on here. The worst of it is that those who treat this sort of comment (which is at worst a bit tasteless) with hysterical calls for violent retribution don't seem to realise that their excessive response is generally welcomed by nobody, least of all the subject of the jibe on whose behalf they have become vicariously offended.

"Racist" is an exceptionally charged word and it gets devalued by things like this. In fact, it is a term so overused these days as to make it virtually meaningless, precisely because it gets applied to situations like this one. Any word that can be applied to both the violent commodification and trade of human beings and a bloke shouting distasteful slurs at a sports player is probably not really very useful.

It was a racist remark.

Putting 'black' in front of the insult implies that the player he was describing was inferior due to his racial background. It isn't the worst thing one can do as I've already said but it is a form of racism and shouldn't be accepted as merely "distasteful."

Great post, agree 100%.

You can put pretty much any other adjective in the dictionary between 'you' and 'bastard' and nobody bats an eyelid, but as soon as you use a word related to race everybody suddenly goes absolutely bezerk. I mean a physical attack, ffs. FOR USE OF A CONTROVERSIAL ADJECTIVE I HEREBY SENTENCE YOU TO A PUBLIC BEATING.

Then you get these fvckwits banging on about how but oh yes you see the use of black as an adjective is indeed proof that this evil fellow sees black people as an inferior race because you see I am ever so anti racist I must say I just can't stand it and yes you see he clearly used the inappropriate adjective in a derogatory sense and the man obviously hates blacks so it is right that we should attempt to kill him.

Then people actually take this crap seriously and we finally end up at the point where as a society we've actually created more racism because we've kept the thing going by just making up new ways of being offended by it.

Shiz is ridiculous, yo. What happened to common sense?

So (just so I have it straight) which type of people is it deemed OK to physically attack in a public place because of their beliefs?

Just so I know for future reference. 

If I'm away at Brighton (for example) & someone is shouting lovely kind words in praise out to our manager (for example) & I strongly VERY ****IG STRONGLY disagree with his sentiment, can I attack him?

Just checking where the boundaries are man. Being a dinosaur from a bygone age sort of type, I don't know where you kids are with this kind of shit these days. 

And being a caring mother****er like I am, I don't want to offend. Or punch the wrong person in the head. 

Yours, 

Confused ov L1. 

I must say that behind my comedy picture there is a serious message, which is that some folk at the football are often looking for any excuse to pop off a couple of right hooks.

There is a time and place for right hooks and there is a time and place for a Churchill Dog 'Ohhhh Nooooo'.

Didn't hear anything near me but hope he got his just desserts. 

The best part about today for me was some Doncaster BinHead walking with his wife and shouting abuse after the game about how they beat us and they are shit which means we must be even worse etc. He carried on and on so few people started to confront him and asked him what his problem was to which point then he saw a copper in the road and said "excuse me you need to sort out these Leicester fans they are out of order and trying to fight me". Everyone including Doncaster fans laughed at him and his Mrs looked like she wanted the ground to swallow her up. Why start it and abuse people if you can't handle what comes back?!?

There really needs to be some change to the law where absolute nobheads like are given say, ten seconds where anyone can smack them within the law on the basis of "being a ****"

The guy next to me was constantly abusing their massive centre half, "lanky bald ****" etc but he wasn't beaten up despite abusing somebody for how they look. Not saying what the guy said was ok but surely this is just as bad?

That could well have been me to be honest though I'll make no apologies for doing so. Afterall, i am lanky and though I do have hair some may refer to me as a ****!

I'm not saying what has allegedly been said is right, just that theres a massive difference between being racist and calling soneone a lanky cnut.

If we're at the point of where we can't take the piss out of someone for being lanky, ginger, small or whatever then its time i packed in football

I noticed quite a few unfamiliar faces plus some who weren't wearing colours one of those tag along with bandwagon fans or some lads just turned up for a p i ss up. Did you see how many

went into the concourse way before the half time whistle!

Oh my god a few that wasn't wearing team colours and went down to early,

"lock um up and throw away the key". Behave

Not getting into the rights and wrongs of what happened or what you can/cant say but to hear(Allegedly) a City"fan" calling Donny players black c@nts and then getting battered for it by City fans well....... lol

Well Done City Fans... :scarf:

Shove that up your PC pipe!!

There are other ways of sorting this guy out other than physical violence. We've all got camera phones, did no-one think to take his picture, ask the steward to remove him and report him to LCFC with photo? It would be interesting to see how seriously our club takes a report of racism and what would be done about it.

There are other ways of sorting this guy out other than physical violence. We've all got camera phones, did no-one think to take his picture, ask the steward to remove him and report him to LCFC with photo? It would be interesting to see how seriously our club takes a report of racism and what would be done about it.

Yep.

To be fair your right....BUT if fellow fans feel the need to dish out abit of Leicester Love...well..... :whistle:

Yep.

To be fair your right....BUT if fellow fans feel the need to dish out abit of Leicester Love...well..... :whistle:

Yes, I understand the feeling and desire to dish out a bit of instant in-house justice but you only get a moment of satisfaction from that and it won't stop him doing it or attending matches.

After dishing out that instant justice, who's the most likely to get in trouble? Who's the most likely to be banned from following LCFC?

I would suggest that people use their heads for something other than nutting racist idiots.

I am interested to see just how seriously it would be taken by the club and what the outcome would be if they do take it seriously.

RACISM IS WRONG!!     VIOLENCE IS WRONG!!

What is wrong about this thread is that people believe in condoning violent retribution.  I worry about the fact anyone can believe the person assaulting the Racist was the correct response. I will look for thousands of such acts of retribution, next time Gy** is chanted because that is just as racist and has no place in the game either. Both perpetrators need banning.

Yes, I understand the feeling and desire to dish out a bit of instant in-house justice but you only get a moment of satisfaction from that and it won't stop him doing it or attending matches.

After dishing out that instant justice, who's the most likely to get in trouble? Who's the most likely to be banned from following LCFC?

I would suggest that people use their heads for something other than nutting racist idiots.

I am interested to see just how seriously it would be taken by the club and what the outcome would be if they do take it seriously.

Your too sensible for foxetalk

:) might be a hard sell that one..calling the fat Donny fan Bertie Bassett and asking him to start the wave was funny, but probably not best defined as 'tolerant' :)

I've never understood why society deem it acceptable to be cruel to the overweight especially at football grounds with the "you fat bastard" chants.

Being overweight may in some people be a choice but not in all and we wouldn't chant "you've got cancer arrrrgh" to someone who contracted lung cancer from making the choice to smoke.

That could well have been me to be honest though I'll make no apologies for doing so. Afterall, i am lanky and though I do have hair some may refer to me as a ****!

I'm not saying what has allegedly been said is right, just that theres a massive difference between being racist and calling soneone a lanky cnut.

If we're at the point of where we can't take the piss out of someone for being lanky, ginger, small or whatever then its time i packed in football

im so offended,I'm over 6ft,albeit not lanky and starting to recede .You will be getting a good kicking for that if I catch up with you.

Archived