Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Racism at Doncaster?

Don't agree that violence was the right thing to do here.

As much as I dislike whoever made the comment it's something then can slip out when you're angry, and it was a very frustrating game today. Heavy verbal abuse is what I'd have gone for, if he kept saying it then you know he's a racist and then I wouldn't be so bothered about what happened to him.

Didn't hear anything near me but hope he got his just desserts. 

The best part about today for me was some Doncaster BinHead walking with his wife and shouting abuse after the game about how they beat us and they are shit which means we must be even worse etc. He carried on and on so few people started to confront him and asked him what his problem was to which point then he saw a copper in the road and said "excuse me you need to sort out these Leicester fans they are out of order and trying to fight me". Everyone including Doncaster fans laughed at him and his Mrs looked like she wanted the ground to swallow her up. Why start it and abuse people if you can't handle what comes back?!?

I think it speaks volumes about how football has changed that these incidents are both few and far between, and that when they do occur they are rightly condemned by the majority of our fans. It's certainly a far-cry from days like this http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23811929

On the whole racism at football is dying out, but there were a few mindless ****** among the Derby fans the other week who took great pleasure in singing "town full of Pakis" as they walked down Raw Dykes Road. 

I was on the receiving end myself of some racist abuse from some fellow City fans at the Palace away game last season, who compared me to one of the Boston Bombers.

Doesn't stop me going to games though, I think these people are just idiots, plain and simple. 

Don't agree that violence was the right thing to do here.

As much as I dislike whoever made the comment it's something then can slip out when you're angry, and it was a very frustrating game today. Heavy verbal abuse is what I'd have gone for, if he kept saying it then you know he's a racist and then I wouldn't be so bothered about what happened to him.

No, no it isn't. Not unless you're a racist.

Sounds like he got what he deserved. Excellent news.

I was standing between the 2 guys at the game.

It was towards the end of the game when a donny player was down and he gave him some abuse which became racist, the comment which someone above mentioned. The guy infront didnt take to kindly to it, obviously. The guy giving the abuse got what he deserved.

The guy infront of us went for him, trying to get a punch through us and the racist cowardly put his wife infront of him to protect himself. What a tw**.

On the way out he waited for them on the stairs and headlocked him and from what I could see, punched him. He deserved it. 

His wife tried to justify it by saying it was heat of the moment comment, but regardless of how pi**** off you are, you should control what you say, never be racist.

Must say this has thread has worried me a little.

Relishing physical beatings is pretty unpleasant in my view. Hitting someone so hard they bleed is worse than what was allegedly said.

No it isn't. The problem in society is that people these days think they can say whatever they want and get away with it with no repercussions. There is no room for small, narrow minded people who abuse people simply because they have a different skin pigmentation and I bet you he will learn not to call anybody a black **** again.

Relishing physical beatings is pretty unpleasant in my view. Hitting someone so hard they bleed is worse than what was allegedly said.

Disagree, I'm not condoning violence but hitting someone who has shown themselves to be a **** at least has some rationale behind it, abusing someone for the colour of the skin is completely irrational and indiscriminate and therefore much worse.

Racism is not acceptable at football grounds or anywhere in public for that matter.

However it's funny to see the overeactions on here, 'hope he got hit by a bus' 'glad he got filled in' etc. The same people who, in unrelated threads, would strongly condemn vigilantism against serious criminals.

No it isn't the problem in society is that people these days think they can say whatever they want and get away with it with no repercussions. There is no room for small, narrow minded people who abuse people simply because they have a different skin pigmentation and I bet you he will learn not to call anybody a black **** again.

Disagree, I'm not condoning violence but hitting someone who has shown themselves to be a **** at least has some rationale behind it, abusing someone for the colour of the skin is completely irrational and indiscriminate and therefore much worse.

So what would you rather have done to - Someone gives you an ignorant but ultimately small racist comment or having several men attack you and you coming out with blood over your face? You and I both know the answer to that.

This has actually happened to me before btw so I know what it's like to be in this position.

Someone said "fvcking white ****" when I disagreed with what he said but I didn't beat him round the head for it, I did however make it clear how inferior I thought he was. This incident reminds of me stoning women in Afghanistan for cheating - an overly aggressive, authoritarian and unfitting punishment for someone who has become a victim of the people handing out the punishment.

The fact that you think a normal decent human being could refer to someone as a 'black ****' when they're angry has really, really worried me. To then suggest that you can verbally abuse someone like that and not be a racist is just ****ing moronic.

And your second point is also laughable. I imagine that having to deal with racist abuse is a lot more distressing than the physical damage that was done to that vile human being.

So what would you rather have done to - Someone gives you an ignorant but ultimately small racist comment or having several men attack you and you coming out with blood over your face? You and I both know the answer to that.

This has actually happened to me before btw so I know what it's like to be in this position.

Someone said "fvcking white ****" when I disagreed with what he said but I didn't beat him round the head for it, I did however make it clear how inferior I thought he was. This incident reminds of me stoning women in Afghanistan for cheating - an overly aggressive, authoritarian and unfitting punishment for someone who has become a victim of the people handing out the punishment.

I'd rather get a kicking that I deserved than have people giving me abuse me for what I am.

The guy next to me was constantly abusing their massive centre half, "lanky bald ****" etc but he wasn't beaten up despite abusing somebody for how they look. Not saying what the guy said was ok but surely this is just as bad?

Because it is not about appearance, racism is not an aversion to people because of how they look, it is not a fear of melanin, it is disgust at what they are, and to a racist if someone is not of white origin, it means they are inferior to whites and don't deserve the same rights.

The guy next to me was constantly abusing their massive centre half, "lanky bald ****" etc but he wasn't beaten up despite abusing somebody for how they look. Not saying what the guy said was ok but surely this is just as bad?

What about if someone calls me carrot top? End of the day racists despise people of a different colour and it is not acceptable and is small minded.

Not in any way saying this is acceptable because its simply not but, some people use racist words like swear words because they're thick and don't work out the obvious difference! Glad to hear the mass city fans sorted the issue internally. We don't want a reputation..

Because it is not about appearance, racism is not an aversion to people because of how they look, it is not a fear of melanin, it is disgust at what they are, and to a racist if someone is not of white origin, it means they are inferior to whites and don't deserve the same rights.

If it's not about appearance then what's wrong with calling a black bastard a black bastard if you think he's a bastard?

I don't like being in the position I'm in, it sounds awfully like I'm defending racism which I do not wish to be known for.

What I do believe is that there's a difference between inciting racial hatred (which is indeed deserving of physical attack) and the small comments that get thrown in by a few idiots who probably don't act on what they say. Racist behaviour of any kind should not be condoned but it isn't all the same and that's the crux of what I'm trying to say really. There's a difference between a KKK member who wants black people killed for who they are and the man you had the displeasure of meeting today.

I get what Harry's saying.

The whole business sounds dreadfully unpleasant and by the sounds of it nobody covered themselves in glory.

Surely the right thing to do in a situation like that is tell the stewards and have them kicked out? Who knows they might even get a banning order.

Vigilantism is just not acceptable.

I don't like being in the position I'm in, it sounds awfully like I'm defending racism which I do not wish to be known for.

What I do believe is that there's a difference between inciting racial hatred (which is indeed deserving of physical attack) and the small comments that get thrown in by a few idiots who probably don't act on what they say. Racist behaviour of any kind should not be condoned but it isn't all the same and that's the crux of what I'm trying to say really. There's a difference between a KKK member who wants black people killed for who they are and the man you had the displeasure of meeting today.

I don't think anyone thinks your defending racism, in the same way I'm not condoning violence, the man today may not be a serious racist, and maybe it just came out through frustration, but I just see it that if you don't want to be beaten up for using racist language then don't use racist language in a public multicultural environment, it's not so simple for a black player to not be black to avoid abuse.

I get what Harry's saying.

The whole business sounds dreadfully unpleasant and by the sounds of it nobody covered themselves in glory.

Surely the right thing to do in a situation like that is tell the stewards and have them kicked out? Who knows they might even get a banning order.

Vigilantism is just not acceptable albeit I am heartened that City fans seem so "on message" about racism on the terraces.

Archived