Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
johnnyitn

Racist chanting against Leicester

Hello all,

I'm researching a story about racism in football and have come across a few articles about racist chanting directed at Leicester fans; seemingly on account of the city's large subcontinental community. I'm trying to get a sense of scale: whether this is actually a regular occurence for Leicester fans. So far I get the impression that these types of chants are more likely to happen at Leicester's away games. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Lastly, there was the well-publicicsed case of Forest fans chanting racist slurs last season and there was a YouTube video of it which has since been taken down. Does anyone know where I can see it outside of YouTube?

Johnny    

In 20 years going home and away I think I've heard it twice from Leeds fans.

A problem with a tiny minority of idiots but massively exaggerated by the media.

You hear the occasional 'you used to be English, you're not anymore' from the knuckle draggers, but I wouldn't say it's a massive problem.

I've always associated that with our ownership.

Derby were singing 'you're going back for a curry' to us last year going back to the train station.

But is that really racist?

We have some of the best curry houses in the country and I'd much rather be known as a curry muncher than a sheep shagger.

I don't recall ever hearing anything directly racist, but then I rarely sit close to the away fans at the KP, and rarely hear the home fans at away matches.

We have some of the best curry houses in the country and I'd much rather be known as a curry muncher than a sheep shagger.

I don't recall ever hearing anything directly racist, but then I rarely sit close to the away fans at the KP, and rarely hear the home fans at away matches.

Not a single chance.

Forest last season  - call paki, nigger and alsorts while walking away from ground

In the past, probably heard more Leicester fans shout racist abuse then away fans

Racism is still a problem, over the last 28 years of watching city, it's gone from 'in your face' to 'oops i better not say that/oops i should not have said that'

We'll see if that theory is true when we play Nottingham Forest.

If Adrian Charles comments about Polish builders is racist, then yes 'you're going back for a curry' would be racist too'?

Racism is still a problem, over the last 28 years of watching city, it's gone from 'in your face' to 'oops i better not say that/oops i should not have said that'

That's probably true, probably just as many racists in our end as their was in the 80's, it's taboo to shout it out these days.

Ive heard it at Forest a few times myself. Ive never personally heard it anywhere else but i know it does happen and its the usual suspect derby bristol leeds millwall etc.

Also to all the posters who say its not really a problem....have a word??..how is this type of think not a problem??

Not huge problem at all. Its normally derby, but had a few Sheffield wed lads walking down to the ground singing "Leicesters full of pak*s" last season, i dont see it as a huge problem and would not really call it racist if fans chant "We only came for a curry" and "small town in Asia" at all, its part of the game

Forest, Bristol City and Millwall are comfortably the worst for it in this division. I can't say I miss Bristol City after hearing their fans being quite openly racist every time we play.

Bristol Rovers were pretty shocking in League One as well.

Archived