Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sykes999

Baby Squad

The ones I know who were involved back then are all pretty respectable people with decent / half decent jobs. Quite strange actually, in fact there was a guy who worked for City in the marketing department who it turned out was involved in it.

That background in Baby Squad and marketing could dovetail quite nicely for profitable merchandising. He could commission an "LCFC Baby Squad" branded range of merchandise for sale in the club shop: bibs, nappies, romper suits etc.

Needn't just be in baby sizes either. A lot of the original hard nuts will soon be reaching an age when they might need bibs and nappies again, so perhaps an "exclusive supplier" merchandising deal could be negotiated with local nursing homes?

The ones I know who were involved back then are all pretty respectable people with decent / half decent jobs. Quite strange actually, in fact there was a guy who worked for City in the marketing department who it turned out was involved in it.

That's how it was back in the day. I'm sure the older lot would be appalled at the council estate vermin that pass for casuals these days.

That's how it was back in the day. I'm sure the older lot would be appalled at the council estate vermin that pass for casuals these days.

Alot of the bs was from council estates, dont mean they still cant be casuals. mma (st mathews and st marks alliance) had some of the best dressed lads going. 

Guest MattP

Same here, I did the first year of my ACCA with a guy who was very close to it. Lovely bloke, nice homelife, just his buzz in his life was the firm on Saturdays.

The stereotype of hooligans being 'council estate jobless' never passed for me, for a start if that was the case how did afford to travel the World with England etc clearly having lots of cash to spend...

P.S Moosebreath and Unabomber take a bow, top top posts.

Same here, I did the first year of my ACCA with a guy who was very close to it. Lovely bloke, nice homelife, just his buzz in his life was the firm on Saturdays.

The stereotype of hooligans being 'council estate jobless' never passed for me, for a start if that was the case how did afford to travel the World with England etc clearly having lots of cash to spend...

P.S Moosebreath and Unabomber take a bow, top top posts.

this line sums it up for me,people stereotyping but as you say the money spent on  football and clothes shown there was people from all walks of life, a lot were from council estates but still had jobs and worked hard. 

So people on council estates are vermin, are you that stuck up to believe the hooligan element in this country only comes from council estates now adays.

If this vermin offends you so much, why don't you challenge their behaviour, and tell them to their council scum faces, exactly what you think of them.

Thought not, stick to the safety of your arm chair and internet, this forum is that boring at the minute, the only thing people have to do is argue with each other, and slate a group of supporters, or those who choose to fight at football matches

Agree to close this thread, if it results in pompous people, slating others they know nothing or very little about, this thread is as bad as all the other threads pointless boring bickering, or belittling others.

Although I have posted in here and yes been involved a few times (fight back or take a kick in)

It is not part of the game and them that look for it are scum it has no part.

Banter is one thing and should be part of the game IMHO but not violence.

I am wondering why the BS/YBS are getting this space.

Them and there like should be locked up the game does not need there like or want it 99% of fans don't want it.

Anyone bigging it up needsto get an implant IMO.

Never done this before but this thread and any like it should be shut.

Hate we don't have a great atmosphere now and want one.

But if that ment going back to the dark days you can keep it.

If as some claim we will get an influx this season of BS/YBS I wish we had not gone up our club will be tainted.

That doesn't even rhyme!

That isn't uncommon lol

Meh. Don't agree with that. Hooligans fighting hooligans don't bother me but fvck getting innocent kids involved.

What that it happened.

Or is not right doing it when kids about or involved.

Seen it times when kids were involved.

Personally they should lock them up together n let them get on with it.

Sooner they are all dead the better.

What that it happened.

What makes a worse human being, those that fight one another, or people who wish somebody they don't know to die.

A part of me is quite pleased that there are a group of people who were prepared to fight in the name of Leicester City, to stand up to those retards from Nottingham, Coventry etc etc......

I dont like it when rivals take the p1ss, I enjoy this forum yet many need to grow a spine, affer all, it was only a couple of weeks ago this place was full of people wishing the sheep shaggers good luck and castigating those that wanted to take the p1ss if they lost!!!!

I agree.

The thing is most of the 'old school' come out for the bigs games all stone island up yet when it comes to it shut themselves,I was a prominent member of the ybs when we started it up,was always us young lot Avin a row,we were game as ****,hear the young lot now are(I'm 30) and av mrs and kids and don't bother anymore,pisses me off that you get the so called old school sitting in family stand with the kids in the s.i gear,yet when push comes to shove and it's gonna kick off say 'av got me kids',that's well and fine but then don't wear the clobber to say your a lad if your a has been,most so called lads ain't even as a row,gaur enter that out of 50 lads(hate it when folk say there was 200 there today)only a dozen tops will av it,the rest **** off back to the tavern and av the cheek to say they've just 'had it'!

i cant breathe

Too many clueless happy clappers on here, For the record the Baby Squad were rated in the 80,s & 90,s . All teams had a firm, and many times the baby squad helped out your ' club colour boys ' who had got into trouble just for wearing their teams colours..

Those that went looking for trouble found it just like any night out on a Saturday in any town or city in the UK. I live in Sheffield now and drink with a few ' Blades ' sure we are all getting on a bit now ! But they never came to Leicester and took liabilities . Love it or hate it that's how it was, not like the clueless supporters now days who give it the big one with there replica shirts on.

Like you say, that's how it was. But it ain't like that now.

From your opening line, it appears you have not moved on, not happy that grounds are full of happy clappers, rather than thugs?

I remember it, it was the days when there were 10,000 crowds because families dare not go.

Luckily those days are gone. People can go to football, in their replica shirts if they desire and watch a football match.

Shame some can't move on eh

Was fairly well known that in the 80s there were 'representatives' of all 3 branches of the 'emergency services' involved with, or on the periphery of the BS. Plus a guy who worked for an estate agency and at least one employed by a bank/building society!

post-4353-0-73823200-1402437148_thumb.jp

Football violence is old hat. Stone Island is a brand that is just as old hat.

It's a modern version of your grandad wearing beige woolly cardigans going on about working mens clubs.

Come on grandad, keep up with the times, move on, both are not cool and there are much better things to do.

You will always get people who hang onto their past, can't move forward and just stay to what they knew in their 20's. Just like grandad

I hope that you don't think those plimsoles in your avatar are cool, young buck.

Is there some kind of framework available that accurately rates the activities of 'firms'?

Or do you just mean 'rated' in terms of reputation by other morons?

Of course their is, there's a quango to rate everything.

You never heard of OffThug ??

I'm not from Leicester but knew some Derby, Forest and Leeds who were involved in the late 80's early 90's and they were also mostly lads with very well paid jobs and they always looked slick. Bet they're all loaded nowadays.

Very cool actually. They are last seasons Zanottis. Stone Island wearers won't understand them as they are what people wear these days

How long will they be cool for?

I've had the same hairstyle for nigh on 20 years, but I'm still considered hip down the local.

What that it happened.

The latter.

At the end of the day I'm largely going off what I'm told rather than being there - seeing as I wasn't around in those days.

Stone island jackets are absolutely top drawer! Top quality and very smart I think. I'm not talking about the ones with the rubbish hoods with the swimming goggles on but the nice casual bomber type jackets, very very nice!

It's a shame a nice brand has got this horrible stereotype of football violence but oh well. If it wasn't for the price I'd probably have one but they are fff'ing expensive! I'd still wear one regardless of what people thought of me! I know I'm not a hooligan and that's all I'm bothered about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree.

The thing is most of the 'old school' come out for the bigs games all stone island up yet when it comes to it shut themselves,I was a prominent member of the ybs when we started it up,was always us young lot Avin a row,we were game as ****,hear the young lot now are(I'm 30) and av mrs and kids and don't bother anymore,pisses me off that you get the so called old school sitting in family stand with the kids in the s.i gear,yet when push comes to shove and it's gonna kick off say 'av got me kids',that's well and fine but then don't wear the clobber to say your a lad if your a has been,most so called lads ain't even as a row,gaur enter that out of 50 lads(hate it when folk say there was 200 there today)only a dozen tops will av it,the rest **** off back to the tavern and av the cheek to say they've just 'had it'!

If you're 30 there is no way you were a prominent member of the YBS when it started up, because it started in 1985! You would have to be in your early to mid 40's at a bare minimum. I was involved and am known to many. I am also a very successful lawyer who happened to be both intelligent and also pretty good with my fists. I used to get the buzz simply because I loved boxing as a kid and had been taught to fight by my granddad; who happened to be a professional boxer! I was never a product of a housing estate (although a lot of mates were and are no worse a person than I), so the myth that all are/were chav's is completely off-base. It seems to me that those who spout off about their time doing this, are either in fantasy land or were bouncing up and down at the back while the lads up front actually got stuck in. The real days ended with the invention of the Hoolivan and Maggie's clampdown. Nothing in the past 15 years will ever compare to the old days, and I'm glad it can't. Society has changed, and so too has the game. Nearly all of "us"  are actually friends with other firms and spend most of the time promoting harmony, not violence. Oh, and we don't use text-speak!

Archived