Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

On top of the world.

I am still absolutely buzzing from todays result. I can honestly say I have never been prouder and more excited to be a Leicester fan. We have had good runs in the past, but this one just feels different. The club feels different. I honestly believe have a squad capable of winning the league, which is something I havent felt before. Last season, inconsistency and the inability to turn games around and hold out to the end pretty much killed us. We made it to the playoffs by a minor miracle. But right now,  I just want the next game so that we can push on. And yes, we are only part way through the season, but what a fantastic position we are in. We are a far more established, attacking unit and thats something weve been crying out for for years.

All I will say to the fans of Leicester City is that it is inevitable we will lose a match at home eventually. It could be against a high flyer or a relegation candidate. Either way it will happen - thats just how football is and especially how this league works. When we do, fgs dont boo the boys at half time or full time. Get behind them. We have seen what we can do, and we need to support through thick and thin.

Right now im off to get pissed. SO ****ING HAPPY. :scarf:  :scarf: :scarf:  

I'm glad that this thread has popped up.

I feel that I just have to chuck a bit of pessimism in here. We have been fantastic recently, and I feel that our performance today was largely through us continuing on from the great performance against Fulham in midweek. However, please can we not get too carried away. We have a massive game on Saturday against the red scum from down the road. We're unbeaten at home, on a roll, they've just lost at home to Blackpool... I think we all know what could be coming next - football is a funny old game. Please can we stay grounded, days like today won't come too often, perhaps once a season if we're lucky, lets enjoy but not build our hopes too high. Perhaps our players and fans have been thriving so far due to the actual lack of expectations for a change over the summer! Just a thought.

I'm glad that this thread has popped up.

I feel that I just have to chuck a bit of pessimism in here. We have been fantastic recently, and I feel that our performance today was largely through us continuing on from the great performance against Fulham in midweek. However, please can we not get too carried away. We have a massive game on Saturday against the red scum from down the road. We're unbeaten at home, on a roll, they've just lost at home to Blackpool... I think we all know what could be coming next - football is a funny old game. Please can we stay grounded, days like today won't come too often, perhaps once a season if we're lucky, lets enjoy but not build our hopes too high. Perhaps our players and fans have been thriving so far due to the actual lack of expectations for a change over the summer! Just a thought.

I know what you're saying. We were in an amazing position last season and look what happened. We went on one of our worst runs in history. Like I said, this league is crazy. We could lose to a bottom club and beat the top 6. Anything could still happen - BUT what a team we have now. More options than ever before, and a burning desire to win games. As I mentioned in my first post, I just hope to god fans stay behind the team when we do hit a bad run of form. Thats the time we need to stand up and be counted.

Definitely feel that way too. Major high atm, not felt this proud of the club since the end of last season. Different to being top last season as I was unsure if we could sustain it, this time and I'm much more optimistic about our chances of doing that. We're just a better team right now.

Definitely feel that way too. Major high atm, not felt this proud of the club since the end of last season. Different to being top last season as I was unsure if we could sustain it, this time and I'm much more optimistic about our chances of doing that. We're just a better team right now.

This, my vibe is that this season feels different to last year, but accept the point about staying grounded, just rubbish at thinking so sensibly  :trumpet:  :scarf:  :yahoo:

We should all know as Leicester City fans that we never make it easy for ourselves. There are lots of tough games to come and I'm sure when we lose a few on the bounce, the doubters will be back.

But we just need to stick with Pearson and the team and I do believe that this season we will finish top 2.

I am still absolutely buzzing from todays result. I can honestly say I have never been prouder and more excited to be a Leicester fan. We have had good runs in the past, but this one just feels different. The club feels different. I honestly believe have a squad capable of winning the league, which is something I havent felt before. Last season, inconsistency and the inability to turn games around and hold out to the end pretty much killed us. We made it to the playoffs by a minor miracle. But right now,  I just want the next game so that we can push on. And yes, we are only part way through the season, but what a fantastic position we are in. We are a far more established, attacking unit and thats something weve been crying out for for years.

All I will say to the fans of Leicester City is that it is inevitable we will lose a match at home eventually. It could be against a high flyer or a relegation candidate. Either way it will happen - thats just how football is and especially how this league works. When we do, fgs dont boo the boys at half time or full time. Get behind them. We have seen what we can do, and we need to support through thick and thin.

Right now im off to get pissed. SO ****ING HAPPY. :scarf:  :scarf: :scarf:

Too right.

Two words for you: mental strength

Trust me, it was far from quiet. First game of the season where we sung for almost all of the game. 

Sounded awesome on the telly! 

I still have one or two concerns.

Mildly happy though. 

Mildly?! Best start to a season EVER?! Long way to go, but come on! 

Archived