Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Ipswich Post Match Thread 2 - 1 WIN

Massive result. After the Forest game and that first half, to dig out a performance like that in the second half was very impressive. I have a feeling we're going to look back at this one as a pivotal game.

How wide is the emotional gap between winning and losing. Sheer joy or misery... i do love and hate this game!!

lol  Me too! Sunday breakfast tastes so much better after we've won.

Certainly a game of two halves, started dreadfully when conceding a second minute goal, from my position it seemed like Schmeichel could've done better, will watch the highlights before true judgement though. After that he made a crucial save after Konchesky's weak back-pass and we struggled to get a grip of the match, though King nearly equalised with a glancing header.

Second half we came out like a different team, the changes were good, James especially allowing us to dominate the midfield and get the ball forward quickly. Nugent slammed in the equaliser and then a very well-worked second, lovely ball to Dyer, who took it round the keeper and sensibly gave Nugent a tap-in. Ipswich could've equalised through a free header but both Dyer and Nugent nearly extended the lead and we saw it through.

Gritty, determined win, nothing special but three points away is vital, 5 from 8 matches now. So tight in the top three, made up ground on Burnley and and have bounced back from a defeat again. Well done to Pearson for changing things at half-time and giving us more energy.

Oh - called it again. When all was despair at 1-0 down and the ****** we're whinging like only they can I said it had 1-2 to us all over it.

Pleased for Nugent because he has been off the boil this season.

Pleased for Pearson because he made some cracking decisions today.

Let's keep rolling.

Tame start, stood off them for their goal, Kasper should've saved it. Horrible to be sitting in the home end when they score.

Mediocre first half, scrappy game.

Well taken goal by Nuge, cue silent mental celebrations from me, looked like I was having a seizure but wanted to keep the noise down.

Same again, good burst from Drinky, great ball, excellent from Dyer to take it round the keeper and square it and a tidy finish from Nuge. Again, I didn't want to break the silence of the whole stand so celebrated silently.

We looked good seeing the game out.

Our fans were good and loud.

Thought I was going to see us lose for the 5th time in a row, luckily it didn't pan out like that!

Great day.

We won 6 away games last season in the league. We've already won 5. Pearson's change in tactics and becoming braver and more attacking away from home is really beginning to reap the rewards, really does look like our players love playing away this season, which could be the difference between last season and this.

We won 6 away games last season in the league. We've already won 5. Pearson's change in tactics and becoming braver and more attacking away from home is really beginning to reap the rewards, really does look like our players love playing away this season, which could be the difference between last season and this.

If it continues it WILL be the difference. Our away form last season, compared to our home form was poor. I was especially pleased to see how Nige used his subs today. Spot on IMO.

Just got back and I am very happy!
First half we were dreadful, no options, players were shocked from their opener the defence was crap and I was calling for subs and change of formation. Well Pearson, that was your result your formation change and subs won us that game, James was everywhere in the midfield and the 3 back-line + the 2 wing backs allowed us to get some width which was where are main attacks came from (something we lacked in the first half!!) 
Nugent man of the match, seemed very pumped (all the players did) for the second half, good goals too!

It's great to see us able to turn these kind of games around. Last season if we looked doggo in the first half away chances were that we would continue to look the pits and lose to some absolutely grim teams. Major credit to Sergeant Pearson.

If it continues it WILL be the difference. Our away form last season, compared to our home form was poor. I was especially pleased to see how Nige used his subs today. Spot on IMO.

The substitutes undoubtedly changed the game. We have a few little issues atm and NP addressed them. I'm not sure if Moore was injured or not, however it is evident that Wes struggles on the left side of defence and bringing Miquel in and shifting Was to RB solidified the defence. 

King also seems to be run into the ground somewhat with a heavy schedule already, starting almost every game for club and country so far (22 games Stringer said today) which takes its toll. Bringing on James and providing more energy and dynamism was the boldest move. Sometimes it's easy for a manager to sit there and say 'give them another 10/15 minutes' but NP made the right choices at the right times today. 

Playing with pace away from home has helped too. Vardy and Dyer always look dangerous on the counter and Knockaert provides that bit of flair and creativity that allows us to express our attacking side away. The resurgence of Drinkwater has been vital too.

It's great to see us able to turn these kind of games around. Last season if we looked doggo in the first half away chances were that we would continue to look the pits and lose to some absolutely grim teams. Major credit to Sergeant Pearson.

Spot on. For me, that's the biggest change. The KP has always been a fortress under Pearson. If we can back that up with continued away victories we could well do very well this year.

The substitutes undoubtedly changed the game. We have a few little issues atm and NP addressed them. I'm not sure if Moore was injured or not, however it is evident that Wes struggles on the left side of defence and bringing Miquel in and shifting Was to RB solidified the defence.

King also seems to be run into the ground somewhat with a heavy schedule already, starting almost every game for club and country so far (22 games Stringer said today) which takes its toll. Bringing on James and providing more energy and dynamism was the boldest move. Sometimes it's easy for a manager to sit there and say 'give them another 10/15 minutes' but NP made the right choices at the right times today.

Playing with pace away from home has helped too. Vardy and Dyer always look dangerous on the counter and Knockaert provides that bit of flair and creativity that allows us to express our attacking side away. The resurgence of Drinkwater has been vital too.

Spot on

:thumbup:

Spot on. For me, that's the biggest change. The KP has always been a fortress under Pearson. If we can back that up with continued away victories we could well do very well this year.

Well I think we'll do well anf if so I'd be well happy so happy I may well up! :P I'm chuffed too mate :thumbup:

Buzzing for Matty James today it hasn't really clicked for him so far this season and today just gave everyone including himself a reminder of how good a player he is and can be. Personally feel he should go on a little run in the team now whilst King seemed lacklustre and could do with a rest.

Cracking from Nugent, that is what everyone knows he can produce it's just frustrating when he's goes slightly off the boil. Kinda game we would have lost last season IMO.

Buzzing for Matty James today it hasn't really clicked for him so far this season and today just gave everyone including himself a reminder of how good a player he is and can be. Personally feel he should go on a little run in the team now whilst King seemed lacklustre and could do with a rest.

Cracking from Nugent, that is what everyone knows he can produce it's just frustrating when he's goes slightly off the boil. Kinda game we would have lost last season IMO.

Absolutely right buddy defo would of lost that last season

A great 3 points, delighted for Nugent and hope he'll go on a run now.

My mate, who supports the horses, text me after they scored and I thought - you're gonna regret that you tool!

my son went round his house and stuck a Leicester flag on his front door.

Got a text later calling me and Nugent complete bastards!! :-)

Archived