Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Derby Pre Match

I respect Derby, but I don't get the fear some are feeling.

They've beaten next to nobody of note, their seven game winning run was all against mediocre sides and they were apparently played off the park by Wigan last time out.

Their form is good, they're a force to be reckoned with going forward but we're not exactly shot shy ourselves and have won more games than anybody else in the division. 

If we play like we did against QPR and Reading, we'll win.

Was feeling good until I saw that Derby have the best away form in the league (won 8, drawn 2, lost 2). Will be a tough game, but confident our lads can do the business. Best home team vs. best away team - should be a cracker... or a 0-0 borefest.

Some people have a bad feeling about this one.

Scared of Patrick Bamford are you.

Not surprised, the lad will get more England goals than our very own Gary Lineker. 

Why are you so obsessed with him? 

You're quite weird, but this is a real strange one for me. 

They've beaten next to nobody of note, their seven game winning run was all against mediocre sides and they were apparently played off the park by Wigan last time out.

I understand what you're saying but to string together that amount of wins in this division, regardless of who it's against (three of the "mediocre" sides they managed to beat in that run had all won against us) is incredibly admirable in a league it's extremely difficult to find the right form of consistency in.

I understand what you're saying but to string together that amount of wins in this division, regardless of who it's against (three of the "mediocre" sides they managed to beat in that run had all won against us) is incredibly admirable in a league it's extremely difficult to find the right form of consistency in.

It is, but Forest had a very similar bounce just after Davies returned there last season. I think we can all agree that they were nothing special. 

No doubt about it but I don't think it was a co-incidence that as soon as they came up against a decent side, they were beaten.

I wouldn't be surprised if these did exactly what Forest did to us.

Derby's style is the kind of style we're usually more comfortable with, in all honesty.

Forest came to spoil, park the bus and play a very direct style. It's exactly the style that, until this season, gave teams like Millwall a very good record against us because we didn't know how to counter it. 

Derby play an attacking style, keeping it on the deck at all times. It's the kind of style we know will tear the less able sides to pieces, we've done it ourselves over the past couple of years, but isn't as effective when coming up against the top sides with the quality in midfield. These are two good footballing sides and Derby's away record is outstanding.

This game will be won or lost in midfield, so we'll need Knockaert, Drinkwater, James and Dyer to be on their mettle for this one.

We are at home where we are dominant, Burnley and QPR are both away.

Beat the sheepshaggers and that will be an end to their automatic promotion hopes.

It is a game where we can illustrate our title credentials, no excuses now that we are out of the cup, NP resting key players clearly highlights that.

As I said in another thread... if we keep Derby out then nick one down t'other end, we'll win.... lol

What I meant to say was that I think this will be a close game. They are free-flowing and free-scoring. We need to stop their attacks through the middle and impose our own game on them. I think we will win 1-0.

Archived