Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Derby Pre Match

Lots of people seem to be worried about this game. These are the sorts of games that us, as fans, should be looking forward to! Yes, we were all very excited and getting carried away about the Forest game and we were on the wrong end of the result. But, it's not like we lost because we were excited and getting carried away! It's just ridiculous to think that we lost because some fans were buzzing for the game and expecting to win because of both our form and their form.

For me, the Derby game presents an opportunity to put down a marker to the rest of the league. Without doubt if we play to our best we can beat them. I doubt there's much difference in their style of play compared to previous seasons and we have tended to do well against them because of this. In open games (e.g Bolton at home) we tend to come out on top because we don't have to spend so much time trying to break through the proverbial bus. I doubt Derby will come to spoil the party and will want to play their own passing game. We are very effective on the counter and have our own very effective game we can impose on them. If we do this, we will win.

So, cheer up everyone and embrace games like this. Personally I'm excited about watching two in-form teams who play attacking football and try to play the game in the right way.

That said, it'll probably be 0-0  lol

Lots of people seem to be worried about this game. These are the sorts of games that us, as fans, should be looking forward to! Yes, we were all very excited and getting carried away about the Forest game and we were on the wrong end of the result. But, it's not like we lost because we were excited and getting carried away! It's just ridiculous to think that we lost because some fans were buzzing for the game and expecting to win because of both our form and their form.

For me, the Derby game presents an opportunity to put down a marker to the rest of the league. Without doubt if we play to our best we can beat them. I doubt there's much difference in their style of play compared to previous seasons and we have tended to do well against them because of this. In open games (e.g Bolton at home) we tend to come out on top because we don't have to spend so much time trying to break through the proverbial bus. I doubt Derby will come to spoil the party and will want to play their own passing game. We are very effective on the counter and have our own very effective game we can impose on them. If we do this, we will win.

So, cheer up everyone and embrace games like this. Personally I'm excited about watching two in-form teams who play attacking football and try to play the game in the right way.

That said, it'll probably be 0-0 lol

Very good post and I totally agree

I respect Derby, but I don't get the fear some are feeling.

They've beaten next to nobody of note, their seven game winning run was all against mediocre sides and they were apparently played off the park by Wigan last time out.

Their form is good, they're a force to be reckoned with going forward but we're not exactly shot shy ourselves and have won more games than anybody else in the division. 

If we play like we did against QPR and Reading, we'll win.

I wouldn't say fear. More some people seem over confident and think we can just turn up and roll them over!! It's not that easy, and we need to be realistic. No game in this division is easy and plain sailing

I've never thought we'd do anything other than batter Derby at home since we came back up, and we pretty much have every time. 

However now Clough's gone they seem to be doing quite well. Bit scared, although are home record is fúcking sick as. 

I respect Derby, but I don't get the fear some are feeling.

They've beaten next to nobody of note, their seven game winning run was all against mediocre sides and they were apparently played off the park by Wigan last time out.

Their form is good, they're a force to be reckoned with going forward but we're not exactly shot shy ourselves and have won more games than anybody else in the division. 

If we play like we did against QPR and Reading, we'll win.

Defending aside!  :P

But yeh, totally agree, I've said this about most of our recent games. If we under perform we can easily lose to Derby, but at our best there isn't a better side in the league, IMO.

That said, it'll probably be 0-0  lol

they're a completely different side mate. They're defence has improved loads and are scoring for a laugh 

they're a completely different side mate. They're defence has improved loads and are scoring for a laugh 

I suppose. But we scored for fun at one point last season and it turned out we weren't unbeatable after all!!

All I'm saying is we are good enough to beat them and will do so if we play to our best.

Id take a draw

Why would people take a draw with any side in this division when we're top and playing them at home? Let alone Derby FFS.

I'll take a fvcking win please. Send those sheepshaggers spiralling back down the league and keep the gap between us and the others.

The sheepshaggers season is going down the drain  lol

wow ignorance is bliss. Drawing away at a decent uddersfield team is an alright point, id take that. Then losing to a rejuvenated wigam team who are the sleeping giants of the league, theyre on the way up. And yes, losing 2 nil to chelsea in the cup is of course hilariously embarrassing? They're a very good team, and very much underrated by many on here, presumably because of our recent record against them?

wow ignorance is bliss. Drawing away at a decent uddersfield team is an alright point, id take that. Then losing to a rejuvenated wigam team who are the sleeping giants of the league, theyre on the way up. And yes, losing 2 nil to chelsea in the cup is of course hilariously embarrassing? They're a very good team, and very much underrated by many on here, presumably because of our recent record against them?

It isn't ignorance we are a better team than the sheepshaggers FACTORE!

Archived