Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Big Dave

Nathan Thompson - Swindon Town

Hahahahahaa Liam Moore, Ritchie De Laet, Marcin Wasilewski and even St Ledger can play there? It he was a left back it might be believable.

Only one is a natural right back. Wasilewski is a massive liability in the position and if De Laet isn't available I would like to keep the Morgan, Moore partnership in the centre. St Ledger isn't even worth mentioning

Only one is a natural right back. Wasilewski is a massive liability in the position and if De Laet isn't available I would like to keep the Morgan, Moore partnership in the centre. St Ledger isn't even worth mentioning

Only De Laet is natural, yeah, but Moore does an excellent job when needed. Then you've got another two players as back up if required. Can't see the point in buying another right back...

Only De Laet is natural, yeah, but Moore does an excellent job when needed. Then you've got another two players as back up if required. Can't see the point in buying another right back...

Would you really want to split up the morgan-moore cb partnership if de laet got injured?? I wouldnt...

I think there is room for an extra fullback on both sides, and if this guy has good potential and is affordable then why not? We've got four centre-backs in Moore, Morgan, Wasyl and Miquel, so it makes sense to sign cover for both fullbacks as well.

Depends if they play like they did against Bolton much more.

those games come and go with huge scores, get over it. Look at arsenal, had one of the top defences in prem then got battered by city and conceded 6. Southampton had the best defensive record in europe at the start of the season, then conceded 3 against chelsea.

fact is, there are always going to be big scoring games, the important thing is that we win them, like we did against Bolton.

Moore and Morgan more than made up for the 3 goals conceded by keeping clean sheets in the vital games against reading and qpr.

in fact, that bolton game could prove to be beneficial because the defence wont want to perform like that ever again.

We need more substantial right back cover - Ie. Someone whose natural position is at right back. I agree with everything above about wasilewski (who is solid cover/starter at centre back but not right back) and the Moore/Morgan partnership. SSL will be gone by January, whether that be one loan and then on a free or for a fee this month (could see him going back to PNE). So if this guy is cheap and half decent it makes sense to do a deal.

Also I can see RDL getting injured again before the end of the season a)because he puts a big shift in so fatigue injuries b) it's Sod's law our only natural right back would be injured again in the season

Would not surprise me if Morgan goes back to Forest.

Thankfully Hobbs has done well so hopefully they'll blow a large chunk of their budget on him while competing with Wigan for his signature. Then hopefully he'll sign a new deal with us.

those games come and go with huge scores, get over it. Look at arsenal, had one of the top defences in prem then got battered by city and conceded 6. Southampton had the best defensive record in europe at the start of the season, then conceded 3 against chelsea.

fact is, there are always going to be big scoring games, the important thing is that we win them, like we did against Bolton.

Moore and Morgan more than made up for the 3 goals conceded by keeping clean sheets in the vital games against reading and qpr.

in fact, that bolton game could prove to be beneficial because the defence wont want to perform like that ever again.

You did see the part of my post that said "much more" didn't you?

Archived