Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Riyad Mahrez - OFFICIAL

Forgive me if I'm seeing things, but this has the air of the current Belgium national football style to me.

Given yesterday's game, to me it seems Pearson and his management team are looking to implement a steady 4-3-3 in this side, adding further depth in squad up front with Mahrez.

Both Mahrez and Knockaert (both from the North of France, coincidentally - Knockaert being born in Roubaix, just a few miles shy of the border) remind me a lot of Nacer Chedli and Eden Hazard, respectively.

That's not to say they're both as good as them (yet), but their style of play is very similar.

Mahrez to the left of me

Knocky to the right

Its Vardy, stuck in the middle with Nuge.

Sigh...

Can easily interchange other players into that based on the team as well,

Dyer to the left of me

Knocky to the right

Its Nugent, stuck in the middle with Schlupp

Three and a half years?

Thats a real commitment by the club to him, which is certainly great in that they have the confidence in theor scouts etc. 

Do you think it will affect the rest of the side who are currently negotiating? We have offered an unknown a 3 year deal...i wnoder whats on offer to our known quantities?

I would think firstly, this is a statement of confidence in Nige and his management team.  Other wise why let him offer contracts to new players.  Second based on my first statement I am confident that the owners and NP  will agree sooner rather than later on his future contract.  Then deal with the players who the club want to keep.  I don't think the contract issue for the players will be long in sorting out.

Only if the players demands are unrealistic i.e. Premier League contract values when we aren't there yet. 

Behind Dyer and Knockaert we are thin on the ground for genuine wide players, so it's great news that we have some cover in this position now.

I hope our fans will give him the time and space to find his feet, as The Championship is a very different animal to Ligue 2, and he's a young man in his own mould, and not Knockaert # 2.

From what I have seen he is a more pacey striding wide man rather than the box of tricks AK provides, so lets allow him to find his way.

Behind Dyer and Knockaert we are thin on the ground for genuine wide players, so it's great news that we have some cover in this position now.

what about Gally? :)

Heard a rumour one of this blokes legs is false after a childhood accident with one of those bat and ball on a pole things , not sure which one (left or right) can anyone confirm? I don't think we should be signing amputees on 3 year deals personally . If he hurts his other leg we won't have a leg to stand on.

I would love to be excited but it feels like he has been here for years already. Im pretty sure some on here can give you his star sign, favourite sitcom, best dressing room joker and worst dressed player before it hits the centre pages of the match day programme. I just wish i had the amazing ability of knowing someone who knows something, then i might have all this valuable information a few days earlier and everyone would love me.

Pisces

Hello Hello

Anthony Knockaert

Gary Taylor Fletcher

Pearson seems very pushy on the point that he isn't just and winger, and plays through the middle too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny you should say that as Mahrez plays on the right but is left footed. Maybe he/Knocky can play in the middle behind Vardy/Nuge and can interchange when needed.

The 3 and half year deal doesn't worry me. I think fans and players alike should both realise having a promising young player tied down for the foreseeable future is a good thing. It gives him time to develop/adapt even if he is not an instant success, because this guy clearly has something looking purely at the teams interested in him.

In the words of Dr Dave Love... Hr can stick to player Lower League low quality football.

Oooh another Sports Bar listener!!

Think we needed another out-and-out wide player. Knocky can sometimes drift in a bit too much and limit our attack through the left

Archived